Groups

Fangbanger! ***TRUE BLOOD FANS THREAD***

Season 4 returns in US on Sunday June 26th (But we can get around around that)
    Did you ever read the books? I never have.
    Who's your favourite character? I like Jessica.

84 Comments

I'm a trubie, counting the days too, been watching the old ones to recap

I like Eric, infact I love Eric,

Edited by: "skellysgirl" 23rd Jun 2011

And bill, and Sookie, and Sam, and Jason, it's a damn good looking cast

Banned

Truebie???? No!!!

I do love the show though and can't wait for the new season.

Books are trash compared to the TV series, a definite example of something surpassing its origins.

Banned

I love Eric also - much homo.

Sookie and Eric, the preview for this series looks intense also...

Banned

Sookie and Bill bore me a little bit and Tara is just awful, hopefully less of them this season please.

Eric is hot

Also liked Russell Egdington, the Vampire King, because he was funny, especially carrying his lover's melted body in that jar lol. Hope they bring him back.

kaks26

Eric is hot

I thought russel brought some fun in to it, I loved his comments.

Have you seen Eric in the shower on YouTube?

master_chief

Sookie and Bill bore me a little bit and Tara is just awful, hopefully … Sookie and Bill bore me a little bit and Tara is just awful, hopefully less of them this season please.

Yep the on/off thing with Bill is tedious. And Tara is so wooden and just like a spare thumb.

Yes looking forward to it too. I liked the books though and am sooo looking forward to the season and some eric and sookie time.

I'm going to borrow the first few seasons of my sister as she keeps on harking on about this program.

Banned

hbo.com/tru…rue

first 8 minutes of the new series there

Lafiet (probably a spelling mistake) is by far my best character!
    Shiiiiiiiit hooker!

SOOOOOOOOOKIE!

aye ill be watching I forget be nice to catch up again with this series as im running a bit low on things to watch of late after finishing up my collections.

I love it too..............i'm a big fan

http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/teletubbies.jpg

Original Poster

Syzable

I love it too..............i'm a big fan

I think you got the wrong show.

Abvance

I think you got the wrong show.

I have 3 young kids............my TV knowledge goes no further than CBeebies, Nick Jr and Cartoon Network. lol

I'm a defo trubie, read all the books, watched every episode of all series so far. I am kinda in love with Eric!
    I like Lafayette but cannot stand Tara! she's sooo annoying
    Edited by: "caz1cool" 24th Jun 2011

skellysgirl

[Have you seen Eric in the shower on YouTube?

Just saw it - tried to make the screen bigger but still couldn't see anything X)

kaks26

Just saw it - tried to make the screen bigger but still couldn't see … Just saw it - tried to make the screen bigger but still couldn't see anything X)

I need a link pls X)

Edited by: "fluffyundacrakas" 24th Jun 2011

I like Lafayette, Alcid (or however you spell his name) and Eric.

I have 2 of the books but haven't got round to reading them. Looking forward to season 4

Love Trueblood, and have all the books.

Love Eric...

really hate how much they have gone off track from the books, as Lafyette dies at the begining of book 2. and Tara is a none character in the books.

Edited by: "fluffyundacrakas" 24th Jun 2011

Original Poster

fluffyundacrakas

I need a link pls X)

Here you go... youtube.com/wat…BIE oO

Mod & Ed

Is the show any good, have never watched it, like shows like supernatural, ghost whisperer, justified etc? x

kaks26

Just saw it - tried to make the screen bigger but still couldn't see … Just saw it - tried to make the screen bigger but still couldn't see anything X)

I know, them subtitles get in the way too

Banned

Kitten13

Love Trueblood, and have all the books. Love Eric...really hate how much … Love Trueblood, and have all the books. Love Eric...really hate how much they have gone off track from the books, as Lafyette dies at the begining of book 2. and Tara is a none character in the books.

Congratulations on reading a book, something you may regard as something of an achievement, but how about not posting spoilers.

Not everyone is a rich and learned as you to have both the means and ability to have read such weighty tomes.

Original Poster

wishihadadonkey

Is the show any good, have never watched it, like shows like … Is the show any good, have never watched it, like shows like supernatural, ghost whisperer, justified etc? x

TB is more funny, in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way.

Banned

FilthAndFurry

Congratulations on reading a book, something you may regard as something … Congratulations on reading a book, something you may regard as something of an achievement, but how about not posting spoilers. Not everyone is a rich and learned as you to have both the means and ability to have read such weighty tomes.

Read the books earlier - you can hardly say its a spoiler when the book has been out for ages, its no different to talking about an episode of a tv program that aired 6 months ago.

skellysgirl

[quote=kaks26] [quote=skellysgirl] [Have you seen Eric in the shower on … [quote=kaks26] [quote=skellysgirl] [Have you seen Eric in the shower on YouTube?

.....also Eric/Sookie in the dungeon scene in the last series .How did she keep her eyes averted lol.
    Team Eric all the way

Edited by: "summerjoo" 24th Jun 2011

summerjoo

.....also Eric/Sookie in the dungeon scene in the last series .How did … .....also Eric/Sookie in the dungeon scene in the last series .How did she keep her eyes averted lol.Team Eric all the way

For some reason I had to rewind that bit...and watch twice.

I read in real life, he has a degree in political science and also served in the marines....plus he looks that good.

Banned

colinsunderland

Read the books earlier - you can hardly say its a spoiler when the book … Read the books earlier - you can hardly say its a spoiler when the book has been out for ages, its no different to talking about an episode of a tv program that aired 6 months ago.

Good point - I read earlier this year that Alexander Skarsgard's contract ends this season and he's already got movie roles in the pipeline so they're going to kill him off.

Anna Paquin is contracted for another two seasons, as is the guy who plays Sam and Stephen Moyer.

But Eric gets staked right after he and Sookie finally get together.
    Edited by: "FilthAndFurry" 25th Jun 2011

**********SPOILERS for seasons 1-3 and books*************************

The show has gradually become a chore to watch. They keep giving every member of the cast powers and wedging in pointless stuff like Tara and her storylines.

Layfette used to be good until they made him a witch and he stopped being funny.

Godric was the best. So good they kept on trying to wedge him in after his death.

Sookie, Tara and Bill are tiresome. Bill is so boring and uninteresting, Sookie is a complete mong ( as she is in the books). Her fictional existence pains me. Tara is the worst character in a tv show i have ever watched. She adds nothing to the show. Her acting is terrible and everything she does irritates me.

Jessica started off bad, but has gradually become decent. There really needs to be more of the Jason & Andy comedy act. As it stands Eric is the only thing good on the show.

As for the books. What a load of absolute cack they are. I honestly got dumber reading them. It gradually descends into cliche on top of cliche.

FilthAndFurry

Good point - I read earlier this year that Alexander Skarsgard's contract … Good point - I read earlier this year that Alexander Skarsgard's contract ends this season and he's already got movie roles in the pipeline so they're going to kill him off.Anna Paquin is contracted for another two seasons, as is the guy who plays Sam and Stephen Moyer. But Eric gets staked right after he and Sookie finally get together.

Seriously that is spoiling...maybe you want to put spoilers in the thread title OP

Banned

skellysgirl

Seriously that is spoiling...maybe you want to put spoilers in the thread … Seriously that is spoiling...maybe you want to put spoilers in the thread title OP

You can hardly say its a spoiler when the news has been out for ages, its no different to talking about an article on a website that was published 6 months ago.

FilthAndFurry

Good point - I read earlier this year that Alexander Skarsgard's contract … Good point - I read earlier this year that Alexander Skarsgard's contract ends this season and he's already got movie roles in the pipeline so they're going to kill him off.Anna Paquin is contracted for another two seasons, as is the guy who plays Sam and Stephen Moyer. But Eric gets staked right after he and Sookie finally get together.

considering this is season 4, which follows the basic plot of book 4... meaning book 2 was 2 seasons ago. to any actual trubies it doesn't matter, and for those who are going to watch it from the begining, what I said has no actual impact on the tv series.

Kitten13

considering this is season 4, which follows the basic plot of book 4... … considering this is season 4, which follows the basic plot of book 4... meaning book 2 was 2 seasons ago. to any actual trubies it doesn't matter, and for those who are going to watch it from the begining, what I said has no actual impact on the tv series.

If I remember correctly Layfette is a z-list character in the books anyway.

dungavel

If I remember correctly Layfette is a z-list character in the books … If I remember correctly Layfette is a z-list character in the books anyway.

first mention of him in the books, is at the begining of book 2 when he is found dead. it's within the first 10 or so pages.

FilthAndFurry

You can hardly say its a spoiler when the news has been out for ages, its … You can hardly say its a spoiler when the news has been out for ages, its no different to talking about an article on a website that was published 6 months ago.

Articles don't usually give away story lines

Banned

FilthAndFurry

You can hardly say its a spoiler when the news has been out for ages, its … You can hardly say its a spoiler when the news has been out for ages, its no different to talking about an article on a website that was published 6 months ago.

so are you talking about things that happen in the show that has already aired - or are yet to air?
    If its already aired then its not a spoiler, if it hasn't it is, as you well know

Apart from that - the books and tv series follow completely different story lines, so talking about the books is hardly going to spoil it for anyone watching it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7191353
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2974
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1629
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow55

See more discussions