Groups

Fans call for Rick Astley to Roll at Glastonbury. Fun Deal. BBC news. Vote for Rick!

Ok so its not strictly a deal (except for the festivals and glastonbury watchers) but its free and very hot in my eyes! while being a good bit of fun, which we all need every now and again eh!

Read this news on the BBC (found courtesy of another forum)

bbc.co.uk/som…tml

Basically, Fans have called for Rick Astley to return to the stage and Roll Glastonbury festival! And started an online petition at

rickandroll.com

Now that is something I would like to see, it would be a real knees up and would be brilliant to see Rick Astley rolling on stage after many have been disappointment of the announced line up.

I'm going and think it would be brilliant to see him on stage and I bet countless others would love to watch it on TV.

God only knows how many times I've been rick rolled, having him on stage might actually put a stop to this (heres hoping anyways!)

What a turn of events this would be if it actually happens.

LPT

(By the way I have put this in the 'nonsense' forum, its the closest match I could find.)

8 Comments

Surely in the tradition of the Rick Roll, they should announce that Madonna will be perfoming, and then have him come on stage instead, telling the audience that they have just been Rick Rolled, before launching into a medley of his hit. :thumbsup:

nightswimmer;1919211

Surely in the tradition of the Rick Roll, they should announce that … Surely in the tradition of the Rick Roll, they should announce that Madonna will be perfoming, and then have him come on stage instead, telling the audience that they have just been Rick Rolled, before launching into a medley of his hit. :thumbsup:

:giggle: That would be brilliant!!

Original Poster

Yup thats what I think they should do, I guess the demand has to be good enough to even tempt the two partys into the feat, hence the petition website and the urge to get the word around.

It would be rather excellent to see and hope it gets picked up on that back of all the rick roll craze.

It would be absolute genius and certainly make it a glasto to remember. Imagine all the rick rollers together, great times!

Original Poster

I wonder if this should put put up as a deal to get more attention? Its all rather run really.

Suppose it would be a deal for those who bought glasto tickets to see a historic rick roll event?;)

AInt a chance of it happening unless lots of people vote.

Original Poster

haha the news has made the england homepage! Oh dear!:)

bbc.co.uk/eng…nd/

anythings better than jay-z :whistling:

Original Poster

true dat, was rather disappointed when I heard. In my view the pyramid stage needs a big band with anthems you can sing along too, not feeling the rap music is suited to the night. Though I keep an open mind.

I'm not really bothered that he's playing to be honest i'll find something else to watch when he's on, there's enogh to choose from
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3271155
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764585
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1934
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1022

See more discussions