Groups

FAO: Mods/Admin (Flamdeer Comp) Suspicious... Explanation Required

Admin/mods explanation required please...

Just looking through the winners list.. Little suspicious. i.e user Okes won a Kindle but the user has not been active for 2 weeks and 4 days?? Before the comp began

PS4 winner uksel, last active 3 months ago??

Not looked through all the list, others may want too but this don't look good either way.

Are some of the prizes allocated to certain members or do they even exist in the first place?

58 Comments

Not being active doesn't mean that they haven't been on the site, just that they have done **** all while being signed in.
    Edited by: "RossD89" 20th Dec 2014

Does 'active' maybe just mean posting a deal or comment?

Original Poster

That's why I have asked for explanation

Editor

Don't worry about it mate, Our lass hasn't contributed to our relationship for years, Yet next Thursday she will be rewarded with more than just a Kindle.

You get used to it after a while

Several winners hardly "contributed " to the HUKD community but the rules are only that you must be a member for "length of time"

Some have only signed up just to enter the contest or get deals. Takers not givers<< such is the human race!

Yes HUKD receives funds by clicking the links - they wouldn't be doing this site if they weren't in it for profit but the entry requirements could be a lot tighter IMO

HUKD want more members because they use these figures to persuade businesses about "potential customer base" so it's unlikely that HUKD will set tighter restrictions

Although I see a benefit in encouraging more interactivity from members to encourage competition entry I believe it would have an adverse effect on total membership numbers.

You win some you lose some!

philphil61

Several winners hardly "contributed " to the HUKD community but the rules … Several winners hardly "contributed " to the HUKD community but the rules are only that you must be a member for "length of time"Some have only signed up just to enter the contest or get deals. Takers not givers<< such is the human race!Yes HUKD receives funds by clicking the links - they wouldn't be doing this site if they weren't in it for profit but the entry requirements could be a lot tighter IMOHUKD want more members because they use these figures to persuade businesses about "potential customer base" so it's unlikely that HUKD will set tighter restrictionsAlthough I see a benefit in encouraging more interactivity from members to encourage competition entry I believe it would have an adverse effect on total membership numbers.You win some you lose some!

one person drew a bus and took the lot never been seen since, - O no we have not forgot, but thats how it works its random

miles136

one person drew a bus and took the lot never been seen since, - O no we … one person drew a bus and took the lot never been seen since, - O no we have not forgot, but thats how it works its random

Either this is before my time (on HUKD's) or you've just smoked something wicked and I think you need to share!

(because I don't understand your comment)

RossD89

Not being active doesn't mean that they haven't been on the site, just … Not being active doesn't mean that they haven't been on the site, just that they have done **** all while being signed in.

Can you catch deers while being signed out though? How would they be associated with a winner's account if they were not signed in?

Editor

moneysavingkitten

Can you catch deers while being signed out though? How would they be … Can you catch deers while being signed out though? How would they be associated with a winner's account if they were not signed in?

Activity is recorded by liking comments, commenting and voting, otherwise you are a silent member.

moneysavingkitten

Can you catch deers while being signed out though? How would they be … Can you catch deers while being signed out though? How would they be associated with a winner's account if they were not signed in?

If some one is logged in now it will not show "last active 1 min ago" it is when they last posted something

BuzzDuraband

Activity is recorded by liking comments, commenting and voting, otherwise … Activity is recorded by liking comments, commenting and voting, otherwise you are a silent member.

MrToast

If some one is logged in now it will not show "last active 1 min ago" it … If some one is logged in now it will not show "last active 1 min ago" it is when they last posted something

Ohhh, I see

At the end of the day its a random comp, no one paid to enter. people won people got mad. Just remembers it is nearly Christmas, not everyone would have won. I see the same every year. its time to just move on.

49 main prizes 1,213,140 members, 1,213,091 disappointed members

MrToast

I'm not " disappointed ", I have never seen one flamedeer ( thankfully ).(_;)

Methinks some folk take it all too seriously.

philphil61

Either this is before my time (on HUKD's) or you've just smoked something … Either this is before my time (on HUKD's) or you've just smoked something wicked and I think you need to share! (because I don't understand your comment)

Just before your time.
    hotukdeals.com/mis…=44

MrToast

Considering I only see the same 10-20 people posting most of the time, those numbers mean nothing....;)
    Edited by: "Likely2" 20th Dec 2014

Likely2

Considering I only see the same 10-20 people posting most of the time, … Considering I only see the same 10-20 people posting most of the time, those numbers mean nothing....;)

In misc or in general?

In jest....

Likely2

In jest....

Oh i see I just looked at one deal thread and saw at least 40 different people posting, I think some people feel the site owes them something.

there was a lucky winner who won 2 prizes......think it was a Wii & an m+s voucher.

not bad for a weeks work

Pioneers had best chance to win.

miles136

one person drew a bus and took the lot never been seen since, - O no we … one person drew a bus and took the lot never been seen since, - O no we have not forgot, but thats how it works its random

I thought he was now quite active...?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/profile/idx11
    Edited by: "miikeyblue" 20th Dec 2014

This happens every year same old winners who are ghosts. .. makes it seem suspicious.

BuzzDuraband

Don't worry about it mate, Our lass hasn't contributed to our … Don't worry about it mate, Our lass hasn't contributed to our relationship for years, Yet next Thursday she will be rewarded with more than just a Kindle.You get used to it after a while

nice one!

I never found a single deer. Jus' sayin'.

I just say congratulations to all the newbies who have won stuff, see you all again this time next year.

Never expected to win and never did so not really fussed with it all TBH

Same as the lottery, some people do it for years and never win, then someone do a lucky dip and win first time .

You win some you lose some .

MrMan2011

This happens every year same old winners who are ghosts. .. makes it seem … This happens every year same old winners who are ghosts. .. makes it seem suspicious.

You've already had a big competition win this year. Don't be greedy X)

Lol Mr Jinxy has a Conspiracy Theory........ X)

The free to enter competition is now closed, please move on with your life!

dontasciime

Pioneers had best chance to win.

Worked out great for me.

/spoiler/ It didn't.

Banned

Miscers never win anything

we are a marked lot.

I'm alive and that is a win enough for me.

Ps I have never won any real prize on here.

Pps Yes I won a £2.50 Amazon voucher before somebody finds the thread and you can also find the post where it went to charity.

Did we get a full list of winners? I've not seen a thread. Last time I had a quick look nobody had claimed to have won the iphones?

hang on, I didn't even realise the competition had finished oO that must mean I didn't win anything!

Newbies cleaning up? Never! Who the **** writes this script?

joesmum

hang on, I didn't even realise the competition had finished oO that must … hang on, I didn't even realise the competition had finished oO that must mean I didn't win anything!

Quality! But i'm sorry, I kinda wish you hadn't seen this thread!

Won amazon vouchers in previous years, zilch this year, truth be told their are many more non active members than regular misc's. Our odds are probably slightly better as we are more active for longer but the sheer numbers weigh the odds against. I don't care tbh a nice bonus if you win but nothing to get upset about, maybe more prizes next year, perhaps of smaller value would be fairer all round.

I didn't come on to play this year. The first year I went divy and I probably got more this year for the amount of time I actually spent on here.

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Did we get a full list of winners? I've not seen a thread. Last time I … Did we get a full list of winners? I've not seen a thread. Last time I had a quick look nobody had claimed to have won the iphones?

yee22 bagged the iphone 6

deeky

yee22 bagged the iphone 6

Was it true about a mod winning a prize?

Competition needs looked at. I'm not a regular deal poster myself and don't mind not winning but the regulars are not being rewarded. There should be certain qualifications before you win something. e.g. you have to be a memeber for at least 6 months, you have to have made 100 comments, you have to have posted at least 10 deals. Just ideas, but you get the drift. Okes posted 1 deal in 6 1/2 years and only 64 comments in that time!! Something wrong there. These prizes should be going to the regulars who deserve them.
    Edited by: "perrioli" 21st Dec 2014
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      4. love affairs912

See more discussions