Groups

FAO N95 8gb owners: Best sat nav (gps) software to use.

Which is the best gps software to use for this phone. I am currently using Garmin XT but it seems to have issues when giving directions at roundabouts.

17 Comments

I use Tom Tom on mine. Needs a seperate GPS receiver as internal one doesn't work with TT. Can help out if needed. :whistling:

Banned

TomTom isn't supported on the N95, you can use the internal GPS with a hacked version of TomTom but it crashes when put into landscape mode. In my experience though Garmin is the best. What do you mean about round abouts, I don't seem to have any problems.

Original Poster

kyalion;3844277

I use Tom Tom on mine. Needs a seperate GPS receiver as internal one … I use Tom Tom on mine. Needs a seperate GPS receiver as internal one doesn't work with TT. Can help out if needed. :whistling:

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

lumoruk;3844469

TomTom isn't supported on the N95, you can use the internal GPS with a … TomTom isn't supported on the N95, you can use the internal GPS with a hacked version of TomTom but it crashes when put into landscape mode. In my experience though Garmin is the best. What do you mean about round abouts, I don't seem to have any problems.

When approaching a roundabout it gives good visual directions on the screen but the voice assistance will say "take the next left" 3 times instead of saying take the 3rd exit. It can get confusing at times and I would rather be giving all my attention to the road ahead rather than looking at the screen on the phone.

lumoruk;3844469

TomTom isn't supported on the N95, you can use the internal GPS with a … TomTom isn't supported on the N95, you can use the internal GPS with a hacked version of TomTom but it crashes when put into landscape mode. In my experience though Garmin is the best. What do you mean about round abouts, I don't seem to have any problems.

What do you mean TomTom isn't supported on the N95? It's worked on both of mine.
    If you turn off your rotation sensor, all is well. If you forget, TomTom screen disappears, but gives voice instructions.

If you are getting issues with Garmin XT take out all the language help files except english of course.
    Speeds that badboy up :thumbsup:

Google Maps does it for me. It sometimes makes me so happy that I want to tickle it.

Banned

I have garmin XT on my nokia n95 8gb, its great when its working but takes ages to find the gps, takes atleast 10 mins, is this normal?

Banned

seanbwfc;3844730

I have garmin XT on my nokia n95 8gb, its great when its working but … I have garmin XT on my nokia n95 8gb, its great when its working but takes ages to find the gps, takes atleast 10 mins, is this normal?

The slide mechanism needs to be open (the GPS chip is under the keypad) and you need a data tariff for it to use A-GPS

lumoruk;3844790

The slide mechanism needs to be open (the GPS chip is under the keypad) … The slide mechanism needs to be open (the GPS chip is under the keypad) and you need a data tariff for it to use A-GPS

This is why I use my TomTom and seperate GPS unit.

Original Poster

esq3585;3844695

If you are getting issues with Garmin XT take out all the language help … If you are getting issues with Garmin XT take out all the language help files except english of course.Speeds that badboy up :thumbsup:

Is this a fix for the roundabout issue aswell. Did you ever notice this when using it?

Banned

kyalion;3844849

This is why I use my TomTom and seperate GPS unit.

But you still need the data tariff for A-GPS :? I have no problems with the built in GPS, saves battery as well because bluetooth isn't on.

modoc;3844973

Is this a fix for the roundabout issue aswell. Did you ever notice this … Is this a fix for the roundabout issue aswell. Did you ever notice this when using it?

I suggest you reinstall it, it sounds like you installed it wrong, I don't get any of these weird round about glitches you are getting :thinking: or speak to Garmin

[QUOTE=lumoruk;3845031]But you still need the data tariff for A-GPS :? I have no problems with the built in GPS, saves battery as well because bluetooth isn't on.

No tariff neccessary as not online. Usually plugged into car charger when used so battery not an issue. Might be if I was fell walking or somethi9ng.

Original Poster

lumoruk;3845031

But you still need the data tariff for A-GPS :? I have no problems with … But you still need the data tariff for A-GPS :? I have no problems with the built in GPS, saves battery as well because bluetooth isn't on.I suggest you reinstall it, it sounds like you installed it wrong, I don't get any of these weird round about glitches you are getting :thinking: or speak to Garmin

I'll try reinstalling it again or I might even download the latest maps to see if that resolves it.

tom tom works fine and there is a crack to use the internal gps. you just don't use it in rotation mode.

Banned

kyalion;3845043

[QUOTE=lumoruk;3845031]But you still need the data tariff for A-GPS :? I … [QUOTE=lumoruk;3845031]But you still need the data tariff for A-GPS :? I have no problems with the built in GPS, saves battery as well because bluetooth isn't on.No tariff neccessary as not online. Usually plugged into car charger when used so battery not an issue. Might be if I was fell walking or somethi9ng.

A-GPS gives faster lock on and better accuracy in built up areas.

seanbwfc;3844730

I have garmin XT on my nokia n95 8gb, its great when its working but … I have garmin XT on my nokia n95 8gb, its great when its working but takes ages to find the gps, takes atleast 10 mins, is this normal?

Aye normal, sometimes a bit quicker:thumbsup:

modoc;3844973

Is this a fix for the roundabout issue aswell. Did you ever notice this … Is this a fix for the roundabout issue aswell. Did you ever notice this when using it?

Was getting major direction speech problems with all they files in it yes.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 8914
      2. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2458
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?24104
      4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2849

See more discussions