Groups

FAO of all mums and wifes in the house

I've only worn this once for a few hours and it had a patch on it. I got my mum to inspect it and it's turned out like this:

33 Comments

Original Poster

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6121/photo11xer.jpg

Purple tinge on the left arm.

Is there any way to salvage it? It was kind of expensive and I like it

Banned

It looks like something with bleach in it has got on it...

It makes a orangey patch on any of my dark clothes, dont think there is anything you can do, sorry :-( xx

student_mummy;6075436

It looks like something with bleach in it has got on it...It makes a … It looks like something with bleach in it has got on it...It makes a orangey patch on any of my dark clothes, dont think there is anything you can do, sorry :-( xx

+1

Is there no way you can dye the whole jumper black or something.. hey im a man so dont know about this sorta stuff, just a shot in the dark ?

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;6075431

What have you done to it? Did you wash it?

I just woke up to find my mum did something to it - Will report back to see what she used

Judging by your title, as a man I would clearly know nothing of washing practices... what year are we in?

I can't see your pictures so I've no idea what the fabric is but either bleach the whole thing or dye it a darker colour, i'd say dyeing it is probably your best bet...

just re dye it x

Original Poster

Any recommendations on the type of dye to get and where from?

Thanks!

dark_shadow;6075639

Any recommendations on the type of dye to get and where from?Thanks!

spray paint :thumbsup:

(im a man too, hence the ludacris suggestion :thumbsup:)

My gawd... my 'man tip' was good... im amazed !

Banned

sure it's not blood? going from experience blood goes this colour on black clothing

Looks like you been sweating cheezy Wotsits.

sometimes if you put your washing liquid straight into the machien rather than the drawer this can happen to clothes - i would say pop to woolworths they do dyes you can use - but as they are no more i will say pop into robert dyas they should be able to help with dyes

try a dylon machine dye

as well as an ordinary black machine dye they also do one for turning grey washed out jeans back to black

buy a new one, they only cost £60

black gerbil1;6075870

if only we could replace you for 60 quid

FAO of all mums and wifes in the house - a little sexist!

Original Poster

Tinkytayls;6075696

http://www.dylon.co.uk/products/dyes/ xx

Thanks - Got a stockist a couple of miles away it seems.

Has anyone used dylon stuff? How does it fair? Best to get machine dye or hand fabric dye?

lumoruk;6075699

sure it's not blood? going from experience blood goes this colour on … sure it's not blood? going from experience blood goes this colour on black clothing

Yes I'm sure and It's navy

black gerbil1;6075870

Thanks Sherlocks :whistling:

dylon are excellent - only thing with the machine one is i am wary of it staying in the machine somehow - but on the other hand - if you are doing it on the hob then you need to make sure you have a big enough pan - alternatively use a cold one and do it in the sink/bath tub which you can wash away easily

i have used dylon a few times just to re vamp blacks i just used the washing machine dye x

black gerbil1;6075870

you offering to buy him a new one ?

Tinkytayls;6075993

you offering to buy him a new one ?

i might have too if he keeps crying about it

Original Poster

black gerbil1;6076005

i might have too if he keeps crying about it

Stop trolling. . mmmkay?

student_mummy;6075436

It looks like something with bleach in it has got on it...It makes a … It looks like something with bleach in it has got on it...It makes a orangey patch on any of my dark clothes, dont think there is anything you can do, sorry :-( xx

+ me also, sorry x x

tinkerbell28;6076017

OMG, I had to do a double take, you look just like my sister in your avvi.

how olds your sister :whistling: :lol:

Banned

sn0ttyang3l;6075761

sometimes if you put your washing liquid straight into the machien rather … sometimes if you put your washing liquid straight into the machien rather than the drawer this can happen to clothes - i would say pop to woolworths they do dyes you can use - but as they are no more i will say pop into robert dyas they should be able to help with dyes

pop to woolworths...:w00t:

wheres that?!?!?! :lol: xx

student_mummy;6076433

pop to woolworths...:w00t:wheres that?!?!?! :lol: xx

233 Broadway, Manhattan, Obv... :whistling:

Tinkytayls;6075976

i have used dylon a few times just to re vamp blacks i just used the … i have used dylon a few times just to re vamp blacks i just used the washing machine dye x

Same, i use quite often on black jeans

Original Poster

You guys ain't going to believe this . . .my t-shirt has the exact same patch on the other arm. It's just mysteriously appeared! :?

It's definitely not bleach.

The sweater is being soaked in the dye as I type. Should be ready in about 20 mins. Will report back with pics on how it faired.

I was cleaning up and accidentally leaned against surface where I had sprayed flash with bleach so my daughter laid my top out on the surace and stood back and sprayed it, it came out brilliantly its like a tie dyed top now - it was brown its now brown and orange fleck

Original Poster

Boo, it's still visible but it looks a lot better. I think I'll some concentrate dye to the area and see how that fairs.

tinkerbell28;6077593

25 so you are too young, plus she is shacked up with her uber fit and … 25 so you are too young, plus she is shacked up with her uber fit and loaded bf, well he moved in with her, but anyways, STAY AWAY:p

Well it sounds like you sister got a good deal.... my boyfriend is pretty good looking but in no way loaded :x:w00t: ask if she wants to swap lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1625
      2. word survey912
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518
      4. It was forty years ago today......617

See more discussions