Far Cry 4 Removed From Uplay Accounts Who Bought From Dodgy Grey Key Sites Like G2A, Kinguin & CD Keys

Found 25th Jan 2015
Ubisoft has removed Far Cry 4 from Uplay Accounts bought on dodgy sites selling grey keys.

It is unclear if it was because they are stolen as Ubisoft has made no comment on it stating only to buy from authorised sites.

Some people have mentioned Watch Dogs being removed aswell.
Community Updates
23 Comments
Well done, Ubisoft!

Removing WATCH_DOGS is a blessing for all those concerned.
Whats dodgy about CD Keys? I thought they was just a shop like any other, I've bought PSN credit from them before
Error440

Whats dodgy about CD Keys? I thought they was just a shop like any other, … Whats dodgy about CD Keys? I thought they was just a shop like any other, I've bought PSN credit from them before

The way in which they obtain the keys for games.

Edited by: "jaystan" 25th Jan 2015
Error440

Whats dodgy about CD Keys? I thought they was just a shop like any other, … Whats dodgy about CD Keys? I thought they was just a shop like any other, I've bought PSN credit from them before

Some background:
[ steamcommunity.com/app…46/ ]
All the farting about with sending copies of passports, driving licences, any other form of identification with a photograph, & a mobile telephone number was enough to make me cancel my one & only transaction with them.
fanpages

All the farting about with sending copies of passports, driving licences, … All the farting about with sending copies of passports, driving licences, any other form of identification with a photograph, & a mobile telephone number was enough to make me cancel my one & only transaction with them.

Like they need any of that info for a simple transaction! Massive red flag right there. Careful with your info people
HUKD should ban them forever.
fanpages

All the farting about with sending copies of passports, driving licences, … All the farting about with sending copies of passports, driving licences, any other form of identification with a photograph, & a mobile telephone number was enough to make me cancel my one & only transaction with them.

only wanted my mobile number, must be something suspicious about you
athunder

only wanted my mobile number, must be something suspicious about you

I was thinking the same about them, so it worked out well in the end.
jaystan

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2tketk/ubisoft_removing_far_cry_4_without_notice_from/

Are you sure CD keys codes have been banned too? i only see G2A mentioned in that link, plus my AC:Unity from CD keys is still working(sadly) while i heard G2A codes for that were also banned.
athunder

Are you sure CD keys codes have been banned too? i only see G2A mentioned … Are you sure CD keys codes have been banned too? i only see G2A mentioned in that link, plus my AC:Unity from CD keys is still working(sadly) while i heard G2A codes for that were also banned.

Definitely mentioned in the link.

"Yep, this happened to me on 24th Jan 2015 with Far Cry 4. I purchased from CDKeys.com.
I contacted the reseller, and they gave me an immediate refund."
Looks like theyve taken my assassins creed unity bought from g2a
All they wanted from me was mobile number, so I borrowed someone elses
marra

let us know if you manage to get a refund from G2A, because they are based in Hong Kong the general feeling is you have no chance
marra

So they did you a favour then X)
Aeschylus

let us know if you manage to get a refund from G2A, because they are … let us know if you manage to get a refund from G2A, because they are based in Hong Kong the general feeling is you have no chance

Ive created a ticket and i got a quick response saying that i need to get in touch with ubisoft and find out why they revoked it and then take screen shots and email then to g2a ive not gotuch hope tbh.
Why on earth hasn't HUKD banned these cowboys? Sounds like a lot of customers have got their fingers burned.

Remember the old adage ..... 'If it's too good to be true then it probably isn't'
gerrymig

Remember the old adage ..... 'If it's too good to be true then it … Remember the old adage ..... 'If it's too good to be true then it probably isn't'

That's certainly a new one on me oO

Edited by: "JDPower" 26th Jan 2015
This is weird.. I just got home and logged into my uplay account from my PC and Unity is showing in my account yet when I log in using the app everyone of my games show except Unity which is strange hope fully it will stay there.

edit: I just logged in on my ipad too where it was showing last night and its missing from there too but as I said earlier its showing on my pc client.
Edited by: "marra" 26th Jan 2015
are all external cdkey websites as bad as this. I remember buying diablo III reaper of souls from g2a for £15 tried to activate it and blizzard says i need another £15 before you can play, in which i paid. Was worth it as i love the game, but at the same timei thought i was buyign a full game from g2a. Blizzard said something about it being an evaluation product and i needed to complete the transaction.
Thanks for the heads up.
lewissymonds

are all external cdkey websites as bad as this. I remember buying diablo … are all external cdkey websites as bad as this. I remember buying diablo III reaper of souls from g2a for £15 tried to activate it and blizzard says i need another £15 before you can play, in which i paid. Was worth it as i love the game, but at the same timei thought i was buyign a full game from g2a. Blizzard said something about it being an evaluation product and i needed to complete the transaction.

its no different to ebay or buying stuff from the "2nd hand market"

you have to be abit savvy and not fall for the scams
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants