Far-right march in Liverpool blocked

32 replies
Found 4th Jun
Riot police had to step in to prevent violence in Liverpool, as activists barred the far-right English Defence League (EDL) movement from holding a rally in the city’s centre. At least 12 people were arrested amid clashes between the two groups.

Far-right march in Liverpool blocked by left-wingers, police arrest 12 after clashes (VIDEO, PHOTOS) rt.com/uk/…ts/

Top comments

Comments in that link.. comments from extreme right's hoping the 'lefties' would die.. they proclaim to want to defend the country from 'islamics' yet they want to that by also killing off anyone who doesn't agree with the EDL philosophy can anyone smell the irony?

I dont care what happened today or whose fault it is, but the EDL is just an embarrassment to the UK.
Edited by: "haritori" 4th Jun

haritori

I dont care what happened today or whose fault it is, but the EDL is just … I dont care what happened today or whose fault it is, but the EDL is just an embarrassment to the UK.

Even so, they're entitled to hold an organised rally without hostile protesters stopping them.

MynameisM

who ever caused the trouble

Well one group had got permission to be there. The other group turned up to cause trouble.

So who's to blame then? The organised rally attendants or those that turned up to block them?
32 Comments

So who's to blame then? The organised rally attendants or those that turned up to block them?

stuarthanley

So who's to blame then? The organised rally attendants or those that … So who's to blame then? The organised rally attendants or those that turned up to block them?

​who ever caused the trouble

MynameisM

who ever caused the trouble

Well one group had got permission to be there. The other group turned up to cause trouble.

One rule for one and one rule for another.

Comments in that link.. comments from extreme right's hoping the 'lefties' would die.. they proclaim to want to defend the country from 'islamics' yet they want to that by also killing off anyone who doesn't agree with the EDL philosophy can anyone smell the irony?

I dont care what happened today or whose fault it is, but the EDL is just an embarrassment to the UK.

haritori

I dont care what happened today or whose fault it is, but the EDL is just … I dont care what happened today or whose fault it is, but the EDL is just an embarrassment to the UK.

Even so, they're entitled to hold an organised rally without hostile protesters stopping them.

stuarthanley

Even so, they're entitled to hold an organised rally without hostile … Even so, they're entitled to hold an organised rally without hostile protesters stopping them.

Wow you seem so disappointed, couldn't you have gone to the Abbey Rd studios or some other POI
rather than waste the day.

stuarthanley26 m ago

Even so, they're entitled to hold an organised rally without hostile …Even so, they're entitled to hold an organised rally without hostile protesters stopping them.

Unfortunately so.. I just find it hypocritical, I very much doubt anyone would stand for an islamic march promoting radicalised views through the streets of the UK and rightly so, but when its Brits doing all the extremism its called national pride.

I think it undermines the genuine concerns for the terror atrocities that have happened recently when you have a bunch of british bulldogs threatening to kill the people who get in their way and disagree with their views.

That's what I love about the far left... such a peaceful group...

haritori

Unfortunately so.. I just find it hypocritical, I very much doubt anyone … Unfortunately so.. I just find it hypocritical, I very much doubt anyone would stand for an islamic march promoting radicalised views through the streets of the UK and rightly so, but when its Brits doing all the extremism its called national pride.I think it undermines the genuine concerns for the terror atrocities that have happened recently when you have a bunch of british bulldogs threatening to kill the people who get in their way and disagree with their views.

19th December 2016. London

haritori

Comments in that link.. comments from extreme right's hoping the … Comments in that link.. comments from extreme right's hoping the 'lefties' would die.. they proclaim to want to defend the country from 'islamics' yet they want to that by also killing off anyone who doesn't agree with the EDL philosophy can anyone smell the irony?I dont care what happened today or whose fault it is, but the EDL is just an embarrassment to the UK.

Some members on here openly support EDL.

The organised rally are fine, permission was granted and they have a right to do this.
It is the homeless, hippy unemployment types who caused the trouble..

What a complete waste of police time.

dtovey89

​they're a peaceful organisation who have some supporters who resort to violence that doesn't mean EDL are racist or violent themselves

-I think that's what someone said previously

Chiptivo

The organised rally are fine, permission was granted and they have a … The organised rally are fine, permission was granted and they have a right to do this. It is the homeless, hippy unemployment types who caused the trouble..What a complete waste of police time.

I think I could process it better if they weren't the usual crowd of private school educated, rock star parent, bored millionaires looking for a cause...

Banned

haritori

Unfortunately so.. I just find it hypocritical, I very much doubt anyone … Unfortunately so.. I just find it hypocritical, I very much doubt anyone would stand for an islamic march promoting radicalised views through the streets of the UK and rightly so, but when its Brits doing all the extremism its called national pride.I think it undermines the genuine concerns for the terror atrocities that have happened recently when you have a bunch of british bulldogs threatening to kill the people who get in their way and disagree with their views.

So these marches didnt happen and you are fine with them to go ahead.

youtube.com/watch?v=b2nlIfn8tNA

youtube.com/watch?v=Xmoj0U5ojn0

youtube.com/watch?v=4L1HfiIOgBk

youtube.com/watch?v=_l1Y3WdZ0wY

The far left are far more violent that the far right. You;ve just got to look at the stop the city marches as an example of what they are like. Throwing fire extinguishers from tall buildings at the police below is such a lovely peaceful action. EDL might well be provocative, but I've heard of them doing anything as remotely violent as the far left.

dtovey89

​but on a serious note, dont more White British citizens have a duty to out these Racist thugs who incite hate and violence?
Kind of how all muslims get blamed for extremist attacks?

3dprince3 m ago

So these marches didnt happen and you are fine with them to go …So these marches didnt happen and you are fine with them to go ahead.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2nlIfn8tNAhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmoj0U5ojn0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L1HfiIOgBkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l1Y3WdZ0wYThe far left are far more violent that the far right. You;ve just got to look at the stop the city marches as an example of what they are like. Throwing fire extinguishers from tall buildings at the police below is such a lovely peaceful action. EDL might well be provocative, but I've heard of them doing anything as remotely violent as the far left.

I never said I was OK with any of it.. 2 wrongs dont make a far right!

jayman19862 m ago

​but on a serious note, dont more White British citizens have a duty to o …​but on a serious note, dont more White British citizens have a duty to out these Racist thugs who incite hate and violence?Kind of how all muslims get blamed for extremist attacks?

Pretty much my point..

Banned

jayman1986

but on a serious note, dont more White British citizens have a duty to … but on a serious note, dont more White British citizens have a duty to out these Racist thugs who incite hate and violence?Kind of how all muslims get blamed for extremist attacks?

All Muslims dont get blamed though - just people like you making that ridiculous claim to fit your agenda.

Original Poster

jayman1986

​but on a serious note, dont more White British citizens have a duty to o … ​but on a serious note, dont more White British citizens have a duty to out these Racist thugs who incite hate and violence?Kind of how all muslims get blamed for extremist attacks?

Liverpool has a proud history of combating violence.

For instance, when Oswald Mosley and his blackshirts cane to the city in the 1930's, they received the same treatment

yoliverpool.com/for…ism

Original Poster

Curlyman83

Liverpool has a proud history of combating violence.For instance, when … Liverpool has a proud history of combating violence.For instance, when Oswald Mosley and his blackshirts cane to the city in the 1930's, they received the same treatment http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/showthread.php?65539-Liverpool-and-fascism

Fascism, not violence.

jayman1986

but on a serious note, dont more White British citizens have a duty to … but on a serious note, dont more White British citizens have a duty to out these Racist thugs who incite hate and violence?Kind of how all muslims get blamed for extremist attacks?

No, I'd say the Muslim community needs to do more in ousting the scum in their midsts.

Also, it would also help if those who were reported to anti terror hotlines were looked into rather than ignored before an attack happens. Not after.

3dprince

So these marches didnt happen and you are fine with them to go … So these marches didnt happen and you are fine with them to go ahead.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2nlIfn8tNAhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmoj0U5ojn0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L1HfiIOgBkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l1Y3WdZ0wYThe far left are far more violent that the far right. You;ve just got to look at the stop the city marches as an example of what they are like. Throwing fire extinguishers from tall buildings at the police below is such a lovely peaceful action. EDL might well be provocative, but I've heard of them doing anything as remotely violent as the far left.

And look who praised the thugs who throw fire extinguishers from tall buildings at the police...

John McDonnell says mob violence is the best...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEuKBxdyy-Q

John McDonnell calling for insurrection
youtube.com/wat…mWo
Edited by: "Fred.Smith" 4th Jun

Banned

Fred.Smith

And look who praised the thugs who throw fire extinguishers from tall … And look who praised the thugs who throw fire extinguishers from tall buildings at the police...John McDonnell says mob violence is the best...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEuKBxdyy-QJohn McDonnell calling for insurrection https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za5GYbfRmWo

Thanks for that. i honestly had no idea. . Quite an eye opener.

Both sides were violent as always, both sides had weapons as always, i love how people paint the EDL as monsters (they are) but the other side are always puppies and kittens . Where are these people when Muslims march calling for fascist Sharia Law or to behead those who insult Islam?

Free speech is free speech unfortunately. Let the tests march and get on with your life.
Edited by: "catbeans" 5th Jun

Let the EDL and Sharia teams battle it out?

Banned

jayman1986

​they're a peaceful organisation who have some supporters who resort to v … ​they're a peaceful organisation who have some supporters who resort to violence that doesn't mean EDL are racist or violent themselves -I think that's what someone said previously

​they are far right extremists! if you think they are not then you are part of the problem.
they don't care about the casualties from London, they only care about their political views and agenda. they would have payed some respects at least.

iwashere2000

they would have payed some respects at least.

How do you know they didn't? I'm not saying they did, I don't know.

Banned

123thisisme

How do you know they didn't? I'm not saying they did, I don't know.

​well they didn't hold any vigils etc. what's this protest going to do.
on news today, 2 Liverpool men have published separate disgusting videos saying they want to kill muslims and kill their children and showed a machete and had a hand grenade on his chest!
edl are pure filth, the lot of them.

its unfortunate that their views are allowed on here!

groenleader

Let the EDL and Sharia teams battle it out?

This, both sides are itching for a ruck, make em sign a disclaimer stating that they cant sue and they have to pay for any medical treatment, then herd them into the warehouse/disused quarry so they can do what they really want to do and knock hell out of each other.

Banned

iwashere2000

well they didn't hold any vigils etc. what's this protest going to do. on … well they didn't hold any vigils etc. what's this protest going to do. on news today, 2 Liverpool men have published separate disgusting videos saying they want to kill muslims and kill their children and showed a machete and had a hand grenade on his chest! edl are pure filth, the lot of them. its unfortunate that their views are allowed on here!

Views suggesting all Muslims should be killed are not allowed on here or anywhere else for that matter.

Do you think if you keep repeating it one day someone will believe you?

Please post a link and I will help report it too. Can't say fairer than that.

iwashere2000

​they are far right extremists! if you think they are not then you are p … ​they are far right extremists! if you think they are not then you are part of the problem.they don't care about the casualties from London, they only care about their political views and agenda. they would have payed some respects at least.

​by the way I was being sarcastic.....I know its hard to tell from writing in a forum but I thought my very next post might have given it away
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition52473
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!22
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11

See more discussions