farmfood milk gone up in.price

26 replies
Found 15th Aug 2016
went to get milk from farmfood was 2.bottles for £1 then went up to £1.20.now an astonishing £1.50.for two. was so disappointing won't be buying from there no more as the milk bottle is smaller than normal Tesco one may as well get from main supermarket and thicker creamy milk

26 Comments

it's been moving between a £1 and £2 for years it's still cheaper than most other places and generally u get a decent date on it.

I don't think I'd class £1.50 for two bottles of milk as "astonishing".

Farmers are struggling, They deserve their fair share.

Yeah it went up this morning, but it will be coming back down later on near Christmas time back to 2 for £1, well that's what my manager said. could be wrong

Banned

Ok cool get your milk from somewhere else.

Some people amaze me on here oO

Buy a cow. Milk on demand and then a burger or two at the end of it.

Thank you for reminding me I haven't done my Shoptize milk receipt yet.

stuarthanley

Buy a cow. Milk on demand and then a burger or two at the end of it.

No more mawing the lawn either. X)

Aiden1512

No more mawing the lawn either. X)

Cut a slab of steak off it every now and again, it'll grow back lol, Make sure it's numb first and can't feel a thing etc..

shauneco

Cut a slab of steak off it every now and again, it'll grow back lol, Make … Cut a slab of steak off it every now and again, it'll grow back lol, Make sure it's numb first and can't feel a thing etc..

oO

I think I'll leave the steak cutting to the professionals. X)

Aiden1512

oOI think I'll leave the steak cutting to the professionals. X)

But then it has to die :(, My way it gets to live :), Self sustaining so long as you've got a big field it's a no brainer :).

shauneco

But then it has to die :(, My way it gets to live :), Self sustaining so … But then it has to die :(, My way it gets to live :), Self sustaining so long as you've got a big field it's a no brainer :).

I don't have a big field unfortunately.

Perhaps we can ask mutley if we can use his garden.

Aiden1512

I don't have a big field unfortunately. :(Perhaps we can ask mutley if we … I don't have a big field unfortunately. :(Perhaps we can ask mutley if we can use his garden.

LMAO.!

It's Lord Mutley btw.

Wow, what a thread.

RossD89 woz ere 2016

shauneco

LMAO.!It's Lord Mutley btw.

http://data.whicdn.com/images/29772159/large.gif

X)

Aiden1512

I don't have a big field unfortunately. :(Perhaps we can ask mutley if we … I don't have a big field unfortunately. :(Perhaps we can ask mutley if we can use his garden.

You can ask, but you will have to wait until he posts a thread in the ASK section as to whether such a thing can happen first...

Mutley, he's had it now whenever he posts X)

EN1GMA

Mutley, he's had it now whenever he posts X)

Surprising the reputatuon you gain from asking ridiculous questions time and time again when you can simply use a search engine or use common sense...
Edited by: "RossD89" 15th Aug 2016

Read an article on web. We're all mutants for drink milk as adults as you're supposed to become lactose intolerrant after your childhood.
genetics.thetech.org/ask…135
Mutants oO

kester76

Read an article on web. We're all mutants for drink milk as adults as … Read an article on web. We're all mutants for drink milk as adults as you're supposed to become lactose intolerrant after your childhood.http://genetics.thetech.org/ask/ask135Mutants oO

I got as far as 'but have been a vegan for over a year now'. It's going to try and ruin cheese for me, isn't it?

Still a bargain and as shaunco said, farmers really are struggling, I don't mind paying around £1 for 4 pints.

Milk is too cheap anyway. This is one product that needs a price rise to benefit the farmers rather than the shops.

Predikuesi

Milk is too cheap anyway. This is one product that needs a price rise to … Milk is too cheap anyway. This is one product that needs a price rise to benefit the farmers rather than the shops.

Only way this will help local farmers is if they have an active campagian displaying how much goes to the farmers per pint on the bottle/carton. What's to stop prices going up and then next reneogotiation the price staying the same but the farmers getting less. You need to advertise it's a local product and what the farmer is getting. You also need to make sure that it's going to the smaller independant farms and not a farm owned by a supermarket or you're just driving the price of milk up for no reason.
Edited by: "kester76" 16th Aug 2016

This got to be one of the hardest questions for a politician, how much is a litre of milk.

I used to live next to a dairy farm but it was financially unsustainable and the farmer moved over to arable.

If we don't pay a reasonable price for milk we will find more and more of it gets imported from Europe where the use of prophylactic medications is prolific and the welfare levels less stringent etc.

Hopefully farmfoods are passing on the price increase onto the farmers.

This is still cheaper than elsewhere. Aldi have put their four pinta up to 0.95 pence, with the likes of Asda mirroring that. The equivalent price increase in Farmfoods would put four pints at 0.85 pence. Use your vouchers and that comes down to 0.77 pence. This is still nearly twenty percent cheaper than Aldi!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk77
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75871
    3. Win a trip to Dublin, with Ireland.com via Classic FM11
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers55

See more discussions