Posted 3 April 2022

Farmfoods Carrier Bags Now 25p Each

Went to my local Farmfoods this afternoon and their ordinary carrier bags are now 25p each!!
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Rather than paying for carrier bags to toss in the bin when I get home, I would have bought a roll of their decent 50 heavy duty rubbish bags, and took my shopping home in them.

Always need bin bags. (edited)
    Call me cynical but it's almost as if they don't want people to buy them for some reason ?.
    Or i could be wrong. (edited)
    Good on them, they should charge even more! Take your own bags when shopping
    They could make them a fiver each and people will still buy them because, apparently, bringing a bag from home is akin to working out quantum theory.
    Voted hot. Do you get five for a quid?
    melted03/04/2022 20:22

Rather than paying for carrier bags to toss in the bin when I get home, I …Rather than paying for carrier bags to toss in the bin when I get home, I would have bought a roll of their decent 50 heavy duty rubbish bags, and took my shopping home in them. Always need bin bags.

You're not supposed to toss them in the bin, you're meant to reuse them - that's the whole point of charging for them!
    Every retailer is increasing charges as they don't want people buying and throwing away do many (edited)
    That's still cheaper than Morrisons who charge 60p for a plastic bag.
    melted03/04/2022 20:22

Rather than paying for carrier bags to toss in the bin when I get home, I …Rather than paying for carrier bags to toss in the bin when I get home, I would have bought a roll of their decent 50 heavy duty rubbish bags, and took my shopping home in them. Always need bin bags.

They're not practical to carry things in if you're walking it home, better off just remembering to take your regular shopping bags and getting them replaced for free when they wear down. Bin bags have gone up in price too.
    Sherbat03/04/2022 22:37

They're not practical to carry things in if you're walking it home, better …They're not practical to carry things in if you're walking it home, better off just remembering to take your regular shopping bags and getting them replaced for free when they wear down. Bin bags have gone up in price too.

Don't overfill them and tie a knot in the top, or tie two together in a knot to carry them, over you shoulder if you like, and reuse them as bin bags when you get home. You'll need to buy bin bags sometime anyway, unless you get them "free" from the council. Obviously it is better if you remember to take your shopping bags with you, my suggestion was what to do if/when you forget them.

Muig197203/04/2022 22:08

You're not supposed to toss them in the bin, you're meant to reuse them - …You're not supposed to toss them in the bin, you're meant to reuse them - that's the whole point of charging for them!

What do you use them for when you've already got dozens of them and more than you care to store? (edited)
    At this rate it’ll be cheaper to use Louis Vuitton luggage.
    melted03/04/2022 22:59

What do you use them for when you've already got dozens of them and more …What do you use them for when you've already got dozens of them and more than you care to store?

Isn't it obvious? You can use them as bin bags!
's avatar