Fast Chargers

Found 7th Jul
Hi, can anyone confirm if this is a fast charger please?

ebay.co.uk/itm…rue

I need a UK Nokia power brick and this model, AC-60X, appears to be a fast charger but it's not mentioned in the listing. It would be for my new Nokia 6 2018.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
It has a power output of 1.5a. I don’t buy chargers unless they’re atleast 2.1a

34278749-DppS2.jpg
jayonline851 m ago

It has a power output of 1.5a. I don’t buy chargers unless they’re atl …It has a power output of 1.5a. I don’t buy chargers unless they’re atleast 2.1a[Image]

I've seen the same charger though on other sites saying fast charger and are 1.5a

My Moto G5 Plus charger is a fast charger and is 1.5a...
Fast charge from what I've seen can be from 1.4, so I'd say this can fast charge.
superfreddy39 m ago

I've seen the same charger though on other sites saying fast charger and …I've seen the same charger though on other sites saying fast charger and are 1.5aMy Moto G5 Plus charger is a fast charger and is 1.5a...

I don’t why you want confirmation of fast charge then if you already know it’s fast charge

My 2.1 IPad charger charges my phone nearly 3x as fast as my 1.0a charger

34278989.jpg

34278989.jpg

Just trying to help
Edited by: "jayonline85" 7th Jul
jayonline853 m ago

I don’t why you want confirmation of fats charge then if you already know i …I don’t why you want confirmation of fats charge then if you already know it’s fast charge My 2.1 IPad charger charges my phone nearly 3x as fast as my 1.0a charger [Image] [Image] Just trying to help

I know thanks, do you know where I can get a decent fast charger from please?
USB was originally designed mainly as a data connection, not a power supply.

The power supply aspect came later and it doesn't work like a normal electricity connection. Instead the device and both supply have to signal to each other how much power transfer they're capable of.

Unfortunately various hardware manufacturers have developed their own signalling system, so just because a phone can charge at 10W and the charger can provide 10W that doesn't mean they'll work together, if they're using incompatible signalling it'll fall back on the normal rate of 2.5W

So if you want fast charge you need a charger that supports one of the same standards as your phone. The official USB ones are USB Battery Charging and the newer USB Power Delivery which some of the more popular manufacturer ones are Qualcomm's Quick Charge and Apple's 2.1A/2.4A.

Unfortunately both phone and power supply manufacturer seem to want this shrouded in mystery and often don't state what they support.

Looking around it's not clear what the Nokia 6.1 2018 supports. Going by the comments here and here it looks like it might be able to take advantage of USB Power Delivery, although it's unclear how many watts it can draw.

Having an 18W charger in the box and a Qualcomm CPU may also mean it supports Quickcharge 2.0 or 3.0 as that's the maximum those protocols can deliver.

Signalling protocols aren't mutually exclusive so it can support multiple.

Nokia Lumia phones are when they were owned by Microsoft. The current Nokia range are by a completely different company called HMD. Buying the ebay item is no different from any other third party USB power supply.

It's likely the ebay one support USB Battery Charging as that maxed out at 1.5A at 5V. Most devices do support that these days so it would likely charge your phone at 7.5W but you'd need to look elsewhere if you wanted the full speed it was capable of.
If you want a fast charger,buy a phone with a fast charger from Amazon,keep the charger,then send the phone back.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants