Fast walking shoes?

Found 24th Oct 2017
Taken up walking at a steady pace as part of my diabetes control. Have only the opportunity to walk on hard ground and currently eating up approx 4.2 miles a day (60mins of walking).

I need some new walking shoes and have a budget of no more than £50.

Any recommendations?

Tia
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
used nike all my life for training and running.
Go to a running shoes shop and buy a pair of running trainers. Saucony are great. They are more than £100 for a good pair but it is worthwhile spending the money.
I second the running shoe idea. But you can get a decent pair for less than Mutley's £100. Possibly look for waterproof/ Goretex ones as normal running shoes are like colinders.
As your just walking and not running I would just go for a comfortable shoe with plenty of padding and support. Have you checked out skechers shoes ?
kester761 h, 40 m ago

As your just walking and not running I would just go for a comfortable …As your just walking and not running I would just go for a comfortable shoe with plenty of padding and support. Have you checked out skechers shoes ?

Yeah, Skechers is the brand i use for normal wear trainers. I did try a pair of their go-run's but the sole just started to disintegrate after less than 2 weeks of use, fortunately i got them from amazon and they refunded me.

I went in to Decathlon this morning and they have a section of shoes for nordic and power walking, and tried a pair of Newfeel shoes. They only had an occasional use shoe in my size, but i was impressed with the construction and feel of the shoe. So went on their website, found an 'intense use' shoe for £39.99 so am going to give these a go.
It looks to be Decathlon's own brand shoe, but it has a 2 year warranty.

newfeel.co.uk/pro…066

Thanks all for your comments
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants