Fastest Car A 17 Year Old Can Have

Posted 9th Jan
I look across the internet for first, fast cars and the only thing I can find is people who want some speed in sacrifice for style , whilst maintaining a cheap insurance price.
i am looking to spend 3-5 thousand on a car , and around 4/5 thousand a year on insurance. I am really against having a classic “fist car” such as a standard corsa or fiesta as , not to sound like an xxxx but,I am I a very skilled driver and cars under 110 bhp feel slugish and way too slow. (Please note I don’t drive like I have a death wish) I will only be doing around 2000/3000 miles per year and I want a car with a 0-60 under 10 seconds. Preferably petrol too. I have been looking at Audi A3 1.4 tfsi (2010) and Ford Focus mk2 zetec s petrol (2010). Insurance is around 2/3 thousand with theese two.

please can anyone help or give me advice .

thanks, Charlie
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
You haven’t a clue son, stick to xbox forza horizon
I’d be interested to know what makes you think you’re a very skilled driver?
Child!
You realise you live in the UK and are not rolling up to a starting grid right?

Focus on a car that hits the national speed limits and is comfortable to drive.
Just because you can have a car that tears through the streets and motorway it doesn't mean you should.
78 Comments
maybe you could drive a Very standard car and put that money aside and save more, for nicer car when your insurer will be lot less, a catious driver is safer than an over confident driver,all cars can reach the maxuim speed limit, must have good job for 17 year old
My advice for what it is worth but so many contradictions in your post. Forget the "Fast Car" and get some road experience and don't end up dead or killing anyone else.
4-5k on insurance! wow
You haven’t a clue son, stick to xbox forza horizon
I’d be interested to know what makes you think you’re a very skilled driver?
You realise you live in the UK and are not rolling up to a starting grid right?

Focus on a car that hits the national speed limits and is comfortable to drive.
Just because you can have a car that tears through the streets and motorway it doesn't mean you should.
Suzuki swift sport 1.6. I recently got a 2013 for £4000.
136bhp, 0 -60 in about 8.5.
Great fun to drive, just like a go cart!

Insurance is resonable.
Wow can't get my head around the cost of that insurance

Your happy to spend 4-5k a yr on car insurance
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 9th Jan
Child!
efc_4ever09/01/2020 11:26

Wow can't get my head around the cost of that insuranceYour happy to spend …Wow can't get my head around the cost of that insuranceYour happy to spend 4-5k a yr on car insurance

And for only 3000 miles.
winzzz09/01/2020 11:18

I’d be interested to know what makes you think you’re a very skilled dri …I’d be interested to know what makes you think you’re a very skilled driver?

See @Rune_2H comment above yours

OP is there a "need for speed" on our congested roads?
Remember 6points or more will see you retaking your test and paying even more for insurance.
Joins HUKD. Same day posts first thread. Includes some controversial concepts. Sits back and waits for clickbait responses. Thanks for your contribution OP.
Why does he need a fast car? All cars can travel at 70mph, which is the maximum speed limit in UK.
You can have any car you want as long as you have the money to pay... but if you drive like your post I hope you don’t kill any one else when you get on the road...

I’d be interested to know what makes you think you’re a very skilled dri …I’d be interested to know what makes you think you’re a very skilled driver?

Having a "fist car" sounds like a CV-enhancing attribute.
McShane109/01/2020 11:29

And for only 3000 miles.

take in depreciation and fuel and you're looking at £3 per mile
Pricklerickle09/01/2020 11:12

...all cars can reach the maxuim speed limit, must have good job for 17 …...all cars can reach the maxuim speed limit, must have good job for 17 year old

Common.Sense09/01/2020 11:34

Why does he need a fast car? All cars can travel at 70mph, which is the …Why does he need a fast car? All cars can travel at 70mph, which is the maximum speed limit in UK.

I have had a few 'classic' vehicles that either did not reach that speed, or you would not want to try for fear of something falling off the chassis, or off you own body.
dunning krugger effect at its finest, so stupid that doesn't even know how how much he doesn know....

at 3k miles you are not a skilled driver
Edited by: "mtsk" 9th Jan
Rain man was "an excellent driver" too

Argos have Audi a3
fanpages09/01/2020 11:38

fanpages09/01/2020 11:41

I have had a few 'classic' vehicles that either did not reach that speed, …I have had a few 'classic' vehicles that either did not reach that speed, or you would not want to try for fear of something falling off the chassis, or off you own body.

Yes, toy cars do not reach 70mph.
Adventchild09/01/2020 11:24

You realise you live in the UK and are not rolling up to a starting grid …You realise you live in the UK and are not rolling up to a starting grid right?Focus on a car that hits the national speed limits and is comfortable to drive.Just because you can have a car that tears through the streets and motorway it doesn't mean you should.

Have you forgotten what it is like to be a (male) seventeen year old? I remember when I thought 110 bhp was "fast". I would hope that the youngster will look back on this thread in a few years & cringe.

Some drivers retain the same mentality throughout their later life, of course.

It is only when you reach a certain age where you value your no-claims bonus, the cost of fuel/tyres/repairs for your vehicle, other people, other people's property, & your own mortality, that you realise that there is a time & place for speed & it is not necessarily on each & every use of your vehicle.

Still reassuring to know that you have the power available if/when it is absolutely necessary, though.
fanpages09/01/2020 11:41

I have had a few 'classic' vehicles that either did not reach that speed, …I have had a few 'classic' vehicles that either did not reach that speed, or you would not want to try for fear of something falling off the chassis, or off you own body.

Common.Sense09/01/2020 11:47

Yes, toy cars do not reach 70mph.

Strong user name.

They smashed it on Gran Turismo innit bruv.
This post is a strong contender for troll of the year surely? Or the Darwinian award.
Edited by: "Byno" 9th Jan
39631901-yEDCK.jpgStick to this son suits your mentality
£1.60 per mile cost on just insurance only! WOW, might as well take uber lux
Clickbait post.
Common.Sense09/01/2020 11:34

Why does he need a fast car? All cars can travel at 70mph, which is the …Why does he need a fast car? All cars can travel at 70mph, which is the maximum speed limit in UK.

OP implies acceleration value is of importance, not top speed.

I think that depends on what type of jobs you're applying for.
39631995-PhlgD.jpg
The Suzuki Swift mentioned above is a really good choice as a 'drivers' car.
Have you considered doing a bit of circuit racing? Or track days? Makes driving fast on the road feel like a waste of effort.

MadeDixonsCry09/01/2020 12:36

...I think that depends on what type of jobs you're applying for.

The ability to drive & not get flustered while somebody is "up your chuff" is valuable experience.
airbus33009/01/2020 12:46

The Suzuki Swift mentioned above is a really good choice as a 'drivers' …The Suzuki Swift mentioned above is a really good choice as a 'drivers' car.Have you considered doing a bit of circuit racing? Or track days? Makes driving fast on the road feel like a waste of effort.

"Swift" is a description of the build process on that vehicle.
Buy as fast a car as you like , guarantee next year your premium will be miles higher after you have your accident , because you will have one
Get a Prius and keep it in insane mode lol
fanpages09/01/2020 11:47

Have you forgotten what it is like to be a (male) seventeen year old? I …Have you forgotten what it is like to be a (male) seventeen year old? I remember when I thought 110 bhp was "fast". I would hope that the youngster will look back on this thread in a few years & cringe.Some drivers retain the same mentality throughout their later life, of course.It is only when you reach a certain age where you value your no-claims bonus, the cost of fuel/tyres/repairs for your vehicle, other people, other people's property, & your own mortality, that you realise that there is a time & place for speed & it is not necessarily on each & every use of your vehicle.Still reassuring to know that you have the power available if/when it is absolutely necessary, though.

I was too busy with alcohol and ...errr other stuff.. to even think about cars.
fanpages09/01/2020 12:47

"Swift" is a description of the build process on that vehicle.

They are well built and solid cars. I dunno what you are on about.
I recently had a Smart car engine re-mapped & keep telling the wife to slow down its now a fun little pocket rocket, but is still "kind of" sensibly limited, slightly less frugal on petrol but much improved accel where wanted (& more).

Thing is OP, you can still have a slow vehicle & get done for being a moron in it by just clowning around / bad non observant driving, it really doesn't need to be "fast"

Get your no claims up & your driving experience "for real" even years spent go-kart racing (no, not mario-kart) isn't the streets ..for a multitude of reasons.

Cool your jets, what do your parents think you ought to buy with your own money whilst giving a realistic amount of "keep" towards other adult things like rent because its not all disposable income as soon as you start earning, & if not earning then be grateful for what you get.

E-smart.

Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 9th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants