Groups

Father charged over death crash

A Lincolnshire father has appeared before magistrates charged with causing the deaths of four of his children by dangerous driving.

Nigel Gresham's Land Rover went into the River Witham at Tattershall Bridge on 16 September 2007.

His children, Willow, two, Angel, four, Thor, six, and Keavy, eight, all died.

Mr Gresham, 37, of Witham Drive, Chapel Hill, was granted bail at Grantham magistrates. He will appear at Lincoln Crown Court on 29 July.

13 Comments

Original Poster

More at: news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

Hasn't he suffered enough already?

Banned

Yeah I would have thought so. Poor guy.

Maybe... someone close to me accidently caused the death of their child and didn't go to jail for it. He suffers inside for what he done but part of me still think he should have served time for it.

sad especially for the other kids since the parents have split aswell as losing their siblings

so sad,dangerous driving would that of been speeding?

Original Poster

Mardyass;2582433

so sad,dangerous driving would that of been speeding?

Speeding MAY have been a factor, but that does not constitute dangerous driving alone. I think one issue is that

Mr Gresham and his partner Sara Bolland, 31, were with their seven … Mr Gresham and his partner Sara Bolland, 31, were with their seven children when the crash happened.

That's 9 people in the car, I think that Land Rover is only a 7 seater.

How sad.

There is no punishment the government can give him legally for giving his children those names

peodude;2582127

More at: … More at: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/7517468.stmHasn't he suffered enough already?

He has only been charged (as he should be) - now it is up to the legal system to work out whether he has suffered enough or whether he has to be punished further.

Robotochan;2582508

There is no punishment the government can give him legally for giving his … There is no punishment the government can give him legally for giving his children those names

:whistling:

peodude;2582474

Speeding MAY have been a factor, but that does not constitute dangerous … Speeding MAY have been a factor, but that does not constitute dangerous driving alone. I think one issue is thatThat's 9 people in the car, I think that Land Rover is only a 7 seater.

i think it was a 9 seater

Robotochan;2582508

There is no punishment the government can give him legally for giving his … There is no punishment the government can give him legally for giving his children those names

not funny under the circumstances

Robotochan;2582508

My thoughts exactly! Very tragic. The kids deaths, not their names.........
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Car park fine UKPC88
      2. 90" curtain pole without a centre bracket!?11
      3. Boxes for moving house?55
      4. Speccing a gaming pc36

See more discussions