Father guilty over ritual beating

10 replies
Found 30th Jan 2009
A taxi driver has been convicted of cruelty for encouraging his 10-year-old son to whip himself during a Shia Muslim ceremony.

The boy took part in zanjeer matam, in which believers beat themselves with a wooden implement with chains and blades attached to it.

His father, 47, who also took part in the ritual at a Birmingham mosque, said he acted out of "love" and "devotion".

He was given a six-month suspended sentence at Huntingdon Crown Court.

The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had denied being cruel to a child.

9 Comments

6 month! ridiculous.

It's a difficult one this. The parents obviously believe they are doing nothing wrong but are following a set of rules and regulations that they are taught are correct. I'm not in any way condoning what has happened, but these things will happen whenever people get brainwashed.

Predikuesi;4236035

It's a difficult one this. The parents obviously believe they are doing … It's a difficult one this. The parents obviously believe they are doing nothing wrong but are following a set of rules and regulations that they are taught are correct. I'm not in any way condoning what has happened, but these things will happen whenever people get brainwashed.

ALWAYS FOLLOW RULES AND REGS. .... HOWS ABOUT HAVING A BIT OF HUMAN DECENCY .. NEVER MIND SUPPOSE THATS ISLAM FOR YOU :x:?:?

^^^Oh Dear. :-(

trimm trab;4236097

ALWAYS FOLLOW RULES AND REGS. .... HOWS ABOUT HAVING A BIT OF HUMAN … ALWAYS FOLLOW RULES AND REGS. .... HOWS ABOUT HAVING A BIT OF HUMAN DECENCY .. NEVER MIND SUPPOSE THATS ISLAM FOR YOU :x:?:?

LOL. I am not Muslim - far from it! I am simply saying that people get duped into believing foolish ideas and ways to conduct their lives. It is difficult for such people to see sense, even when irrefutable evidence is placed before them.
Few Muslims would condone such wicked practices anyway.

just a thought .... one wonders what the sentence would of been in the same courtroom if the parents were english and white ?:whistling:

Bye!

Can I just say that this kind of ritual has nothing to do with being a Muslim as in following the religion as the Prophet Muhammed PBUH did. This is some next 'twisted' up Islam the Shia's practice. It is forbidden for a person to inflict harm upon themselves in Islam.

Thanks, I just don't want peeps thinking that Muslims generally do this kind of nonsense
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage66
    2. Best watches under £500?55
    3. What shoes are these?33
    4. Samsung UE50MU6120KXXU or LG 55UJ630V34

See more discussions