Expired

Fault code 16 on new astra???

Found 19th Jul 2011
hi I've got an 11 plate new astra and while driving yesterday it said on display code 16 fault. Has anybody any ideas what it means? Thanks
Community Updates
Misc
40 Comments
vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/sho…php?164990-Astra-Mk4-G-Reading-fault-codes

http://www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm

Shrug
Edited by: "Nailez" 19th Jul 2011
It'll be under warranty so just take it to the dealer, they will sort it free of charge.
Nailez

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?164990-Astra-Mk4-G-Reading-fault-codesShrug

Thats for an Astra G the op either has a H or J.
Original Poster
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything serious. I've tried searching the code but can't seem to find anything.
I linked two but simple google search picked up a number of hits with limited info its a bit hard to pinpoint
nkje02

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it just wanted to make sure … There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything serious. I've tried searching the code but can't seem to find anything.

Try the second link i posted that seems like its more of a spectrum but general thoughts I saw was that it was a wing sensor of some sort which means you/someone has knocked it
your head lamps are empty
Most codes point too "Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS) High voltage"

Nailez

Try the second link i posted that seems like its more of a spectrum but … Try the second link i posted that seems like its more of a spectrum but general thoughts I saw was that it was a wing sensor of some sort which means you/someone has knocked it

Someone has 'knocked it' lol you've brightened up my day. The knock sensor is to do with your air/fuel mix not if someone has knocked it.
Also the links you have posted are for cars that are at least 13 years old.
oddballjamie

Someone has 'knocked it' lol you've brightened up my day. The knock … Someone has 'knocked it' lol you've brightened up my day. The knock sensor is to do with your air/fuel mix not if someone has knocked it. Also the links you have posted are for cars that are at least 13 years old.

The knock sensor essentially sensors any knocks when the engine is running and adjust air/fuel mix. Hence the name.
I have tears in my eyes and my sides hurt, although I'm not showing a fault code lol
DannyM

try www.astraownersnetwork.com

I'm a member on there it's a very good site
oddballjamie

I'm a member on there it's a very good site

Member aswell dont have my astra yet sadly
DannyM

Member aswell dont have my astra yet sadly

Had much luck finding a good H yet?
oddballjamie

Had much luck finding a good H yet?

A few but just not got the savings available till september, so need to wait till then, but theres a few good ones about, but theres a rotton one aswell. By chance did you hear of the astra that went into reverse when it was put into 1st gear?
DannyM

A few but just not got the savings available till september, so need to … A few but just not got the savings available till september, so need to wait till then, but theres a few good ones about, but theres a rotton one aswell. By chance did you hear of the astra that went into reverse when it was put into 1st gear?

Not sure, heard some horror stories about reverse on the five gear boxes
oddballjamie

Not sure, heard some horror stories about reverse on the five gear boxes

Astra H from here, obvious problem, goes into reverse inconsistently when you put it in first, bit tempermental. Sent back to Vaux Dealer, striped it down and couldnt find what was wrong, with gear box or anything but admitted the problem, car was still on the road, got put on the site, was then sold by auction and again appeared on the site, was quite amusing
Fault Code 16 = Return to dealer and exchange for a Honda.
moob

Fault Code 16 = Return to dealer and exchange for a Honda.

Then return Honda back to dealers for recall (repeat as needed)
DannyM

Astra H from here, obvious problem, goes into reverse inconsistently when … Astra H from here, obvious problem, goes into reverse inconsistently when you put it in first, bit tempermental. Sent back to Vaux Dealer, striped it down and couldnt find what was wrong, with gear box or anything but admitted the problem, car was still on the road, got put on the site, was then sold by auction and again appeared on the site, was quite amusing

Mine's takene a couple of depresses a few times in the cold to engage reverse, but fine warmed up.
That was when the car had less than a thosand miles on though.
oddballjamie

Then return Honda back to dealers for recall (repeat as needed)

Honda have the best reliability record - bottom line.
Code 16 means your a cheapskate and should have bought a better car, lol ;-)
moob

Honda have the best reliability record - bottom line.

Or do they?
kjbenja

Code 16 means your a cheapskate and should have bought a better car, lol … Code 16 means your a cheapskate and should have bought a better car, lol ;-)

From the guy that posts Renault and Chevy deals lol
Renaults are probably the most fault ridden cars in the world, closely followed by my pug
oddballjamie

Or do they?

Dunno what's funnier in your link -
- the fact Honda are 2nd
- the text mentions they were 1st last year
- the fact the 'winning' manufacturer no longer import cars into the EU
- the fact Vauxhall are nowhere to be seen
- the fact it's a Which survey

Anyhoo, food for thought - you may wanna take a look at the JD Power Survey - the most reputable source for such information:

Worst manufacturerVauxhallAfter years of hanging around in the lower … Worst manufacturerVauxhallAfter years of hanging around in the lower third of results, Vauxhall has hit rock bottom. No wonder, when you consider it hasn’t got a single car in the survey that rates above the industry average score. Poor dealer service is noted by owners of all models, too.Vauxhall’s newest car is its best-performing model: the Insignia is in 69th= place out of 108 cars. The worst individual result was for the Corsa, which came in a very poor 106th.

X)

Honda are 2nd on that survey - to Lexus.

They have 3 cars in the overall top 10.

Vauxhall managed to get a car in there - 69th position.
So they don't have the "best reliability record" then?
Shame they don't take into account all the recent recalls Honda have had to have due to poor quality parts. That and last years airbag issues causing shards of metal to be 'fired' into passengers faces in a crash.
If everyone brought cars based on reliability then many super car firms would be out of business, strangely they do quite well.
Give me an error code any day over permanent disfigurement and looking like a pensioner.
oddballjamie

So they don't have the "best reliability record" then?Shame they don't … So they don't have the "best reliability record" then?Shame they don't take into account all the recent recalls Honda have had to have due to poor quality parts. That and last years airbag issues causing shards of metal to be 'fired' into passengers faces in a crash. If everyone brought cars based on reliability then many super car firms would be out of business, strangely they do quite well.Give me an error code any day over permanent disfigurement and looking like a pensioner.

They do averaged over a period of years - all you need do is look at the historical data from the link provided.

The fault you refer to was mainly related to the North American market. By that reasoning, perhaps you can discuss the recalls in the States for all GM cars too? How about this one for 1.5M cars due to fire risk?

Are you seriously trying to say that Vauxhall haven't had any recalls due to poor quality parts?

Regardless, the stats don't lie - Honda>>>Hyundai>>Fiat>>Renault>>Vauxhall (at the bottom of the table to be precise)
TBH them guides are a pinch of salt, Japanese cars tend to be reliable, German cars well engineered etc...

Ford and Vauxhall are very common and imo generally reliable and well built these days, Lots of cars have niggles but in reality unless you own one yourself you can't really judge only listen to advice offered.

Me, I wouldn't buy a French or Italian car.
I'm not trying to say Vauxhall are reliable cars, I have one and touch wood hasn't had a problem yet and if it does I have a 100,000 mile warrenty which should last me about 10 years if I keep the car that long.
My point is a forum member asks for help on an actual problem that they have recently spent their dosh on and your great piece of advice is "Fault Code 16 = Return to dealer and exchange for a Honda.".
As you like to generalise about Hondas I would like to generalise about my observations of the majority of Honda owners, they are coffin dodgers
oddballjamie

I'm not trying to say Vauxhall are reliable cars, I have one and touch … I'm not trying to say Vauxhall are reliable cars, I have one and touch wood hasn't had a problem yet and if it does I have a 100,000 mile warrenty which should last me about 10 years if I keep the car that long. My point is a forum member asks for help on an actual problem that they have recently spent their dosh on and your great piece of advice is "Fault Code 16 = Return to dealer and exchange for a Honda.". As you like to generalise about Hondas I would like to generalise about my observations of the majority of Honda owners, they are coffin dodgers

Lol, who go out in their Honda's once a month on a 4 mile round trip.
oddballjamie

I'm not trying to say Vauxhall are reliable cars, I have one and touch … I'm not trying to say Vauxhall are reliable cars, I have one and touch wood hasn't had a problem yet and if it does I have a 100,000 mile warrenty which should last me about 10 years if I keep the car that long. My point is a forum member asks for help on an actual problem that they have recently spent their dosh on and your great piece of advice is "Fault Code 16 = Return to dealer and exchange for a Honda.". As you like to generalise about Hondas I would like to generalise about my observations of the majority of Honda owners, they are coffin dodgers

Yeah, it was a joke about the fault code - you steamed in and made an **** of yourself, so well done there.

I know a lot of old farts drive Hondas - especially the Jazz - you probably consider me an old fart at 41 - hey ho.
I didn't make a **** of myself, you were posting inaccurate information lol
Balls to yous, i drive a lambo now
oddballjamie

I didn't make a **** of myself, you were posting inaccurate information … I didn't make a **** of myself, you were posting inaccurate information lol

You mean like you did about the air bag?
What about the air bag? Hondas were recalled in the US and Asia for airbag problems surely you remember, it was all over the news.
oddballjamie

What about the air bag? Hondas were recalled in the US and Asia for … What about the air bag? Hondas were recalled in the US and Asia for airbag problems surely you remember, it was all over the news.

Yeah, you never mentioned the fact the issue was outwith the UK - therefore that was misleading as we're talking about UK cars here.

I don't remember it being in the news, it wouldn't bother me either as they are about as separate a company as GM Motors/Vauxhall, therefore having little relevance - as I alluded to in an earlier post with the link about 1.5M GM cars being recalled across the pond.

I do remember Toyota having major recalls - yet they are still perceived as a reliable car maker.
That Toyota recall was pretty damaging for the company. Did you hear the Lexus call from the family that crashed?
oddballjamie

That Toyota recall was pretty damaging for the company. Did you hear the … That Toyota recall was pretty damaging for the company. Did you hear the Lexus call from the family that crashed?

Yeah, was pretty harrowing stuff.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants