Found 23rd Sep 2008
My bro's 360 just died. Woo!

Anyway I was suggesting to him that you could possibly get a refurb one for free from Microsoft if you were to Stick a spoon into both 360 fans and then wait for an RROD?

Would that actually work lol?

:-D

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

Original Poster

The problem is that after a few seconds of it being on it will freeze and you'll get some pixels in the wrong place (in clusters) hehe loL!

Tim

Most of the time microsoft just treat all faulty 360's as RROD, just ring them up and tell them it it.
Give it a few days mind and it probably will develop the RROD.
3 times it's happened to me, and they were all preceded by general sluggishness, and pixels all over the place.

The fault sounds like you GPU that's gone. Different to RROD.

You could try reporting it as a 3 RROD and see what happens. Worst case is they'll return it un-repaired.

BTW - I'm on my 5th Xbox360 :whistling:

Original Poster

It already has started to RROD just lol!

COnsidering it was one of the late 2005/ early 2006 models its lasted quite a good while.... heh e:thumbsup:

Never give MS the real problem, always says its RROD that way you will defo get a free repair. They never ask questions as long as you mention 3 segents RROD

You can get the ring of death by simply keeping on pressing the eject a disc button on the front of the console

So it just started RROD?
Do i get a prize?

Original Poster

Nope....

if you dont get any luck. just buy one and take the faulty one back lol.

thats a bit naughty tho isnt it. :oops:

Original Poster

Already called and its done.....

mine RRoD last week, sent it back to microsoft today.

Did you speak to someone who knew what they were talking about

Original Poster

It was my brother talking the person on the phone.... only thing I could notice is that they too kan age to get the serial number correct lol!

aircanman;3036941

if you dont get any luck. just buy one and take the faulty one back lol. … if you dont get any luck. just buy one and take the faulty one back lol. thats a bit naughty tho isnt it. :oops:

ummm thats more than naughty its illegal - they can just cross reference the console number
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4074
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions