EXPIRED

Faulty Playstation 3 - Help!

Hi
I have a playstion 3 that suddenly switched itself off when I was playing it. Now, every time I switch it on, it immediately switches itself off again. I cannot even eject the game that is stuck inside.
Any ideas?

15 Comments

is it yellow light?

1. make sure your power adapter is connected
2.have it turned off
3.put your finger and hold it on the eject button
4.while holding, switch the console on at the back
5.continue to hold untill it turns on
6. press eject
7. after about 20 seconds it will automaticly turn off

Sounds like yellow light of death (YLOD). Google it for symptoms.

Can be fixed though

This happened to me the other day too on a 120gb slim. Did it once a couple of weeks back, and its been fine since but the other night it kept doing it. I did a bit of googling and looks like it could be the psu

most common fault is the laser in the blu ray. sony consoles have always been the same.

sony charge £130 to repair with 6mth warranty. unless you have warranty.

i would either,

- take back to store and quote the purpose of goods act.
- buy another, i think ylod ps3s can fetch upto £50 on ebay.

ame2607

most common fault is the laser in the blu ray. sony consoles have always … most common fault is the laser in the blu ray. sony consoles have always been the same. sony charge £130 to repair with 6mth warranty. unless you have warranty. i would either, - take back to store and quote the purpose of goods act. - buy another, i think ylod ps3s can fetch upto £50 on ebay.

A faulty laser switches off a console??? M'kay.

danzab

This happened to me the other day too on a 120gb slim. Did it once a … This happened to me the other day too on a 120gb slim. Did it once a couple of weeks back, and its been fine since but the other night it kept doing it. I did a bit of googling and looks like it could be the psu

my sons ps3 did this, his was also a 120gb slim, i followed a guide and fixed it by making an adjustment to a voltage cap? inside the power supply.

YLOD happened to mine...took it to these guys and they sorted it out same day, highly recommended
ps-pros.co.uk/

i used to fix ps3 with yellow loght of death problem, it is the gpu that stops working what u needs to be reflowed and this normaly fixs the problem 180.c is the max for the gpu, nevert tryed with a heat gun buy we used to use a proper bga machine, you will need to go to a shop or ps3 if you are not compertant on fixing things yourself

thesaint

A faulty laser switches off a console??? M'kay.

I was more concerned by the 'purpose of goods act' they may very well think you're mental if you mention that

I think you mean the part of the 'sale of goods' act that says items should be 'fit for purpose'

do you research. sonys common problem is with its lasers, in each and every previous console. the main faults are the disc drives.

shanecr

my sons ps3 did this, his was also a 120gb slim, i followed a guide and … my sons ps3 did this, his was also a 120gb slim, i followed a guide and fixed it by making an adjustment to a voltage cap? inside the power supply.

Do yu have a link to the guide at all please? Im pretty sure mine is not overheating as it turns off after a few minutes and its well ventilated

Edit. I found this one but not sure if I dare tackel it myself!! youtube guide
Edited by: "danzab" 30th Apr 2011

Ok, ifollwed the video guide from youtube and now my ps3 is working a treat, thanks shanecr

danzab

Ok, ifollwed the video guide from youtube and now my ps3 is working a … Ok, ifollwed the video guide from youtube and now my ps3 is working a treat, thanks shanecr

sorry, i was away, but good to hear you got it. simples wasnt it

shanecr

sorry, i was away, but good to hear you got it. simples wasnt it

Very simple!

in before now its not going on the psn.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. How much would you pay for this chair?45
  2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846110
  3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764077
  4. First 2 lucky people.67

See more discussions