Faulty PS3 Drive

Hey
I bought a faulty PS3 which had a controller and wires and mint cond for 30.00

It plays Dvd's and everything else, but no games or blu-rays

are these drives expensive, can I fix it myself, ect...

Thanks

10 Comments

Replacement drives are about £70 if I remember correctly.. Have a search on ebay..

from where did you buy it for 30? pretty decent price

Original Poster

Guy at work.

Told him 25.00 but he said no its mint and has a controller, so said ok twist my arm.. 30.00

He said ok.

I have a PS3 so dont need it, but though I could repair quite cheap and sell or something

Peterdj41;8859161

from where did you buy it for 30? pretty decent price

Yeah, I'd have bit his hand off. I'd pay that just to crack it open and mess about trying to fix it.

Original Poster

MBeeching;8859598

Yeah, I'd have bit his hand off. I'd pay that just to crack it open and … Yeah, I'd have bit his hand off. I'd pay that just to crack it open and mess about trying to fix it.

Thats what I said to myself, just going to open it, and see what I can see.

Worth a go, its only 30.00 and at the end of the day, got a second controller as well

Will have a gander on fleabay for a drive and see if I can get one cheap

deal extreme are probably one of the cheapest places to buy from, Depending what modle PS3 you have their prices are between $42.06 and $50.59 (approx £27 - £33) including P&P

Changing the drive is pretty simple if your technically minded, you should easily find instructions on the net or try You tube for video instructions.

dealextreme.com/sea…ser

Original Poster

Ah nice one mate.

It a 40 or 60 gb old one.

Really appreciate that, cheap as chips

Buy a PS3 with YLOD from Ebay for £50, swap the complete Blu Ray drives over, then sell the YLOD PS3 with broken drive for £50

Original Poster

thesaint;8860028

Buy a PS3 with YLOD from Ebay for £50, swap the complete Blu Ray drives … Buy a PS3 with YLOD from Ebay for £50, swap the complete Blu Ray drives over, then sell the YLOD PS3 with broken drive for £50

Uhmm thats a good idea. thanks.

But how do I know if the blu-ray drive works, if it cant be tested?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona22
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764038
    3. Pink Balls24
    4. Avoiding the adds on the desktop client for the Spotify free account812

See more discussions