Groups

Faulty ps3 * your input needed*

my 60GB ps3 recently came down with a case of the red light death and sadly its out of warranty
    So i have a few options and would like your input as to which i should do

1. replacement 60GB via sony for £130.00
    2. 160GB refurb also from sony for £130.00
    3. get it fixed down at my local repair shop for £70.00

I do not want to sell it as broke as ive seen them go recently for as little as £40.00

any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

9 Comments

I say get it fixed at your local repair shop.

or you can even try it yourself

]http//ww…air

Banned

the red light of death is standby lol

get it fixed

Banned

fix it yourself for 20 quid and 2 hours of time :thumbsup:
    its easy btw

at £130, you might as well add more and get the new 40nm cell/rsx machines which are coming out soon.

Banned

Sony should be offering a better warranty scheme for this issue (YLOD is it, not sure what the red light issue is mentioned in OP). Shocking way to treat loyal customers.

I do not want to sell it as broke as ive seen them go recently for as … I do not want to sell it as broke as ive seen them go recently for as little as £40.00

To be honest its your best bet.

Pay £130 and you have a phat 60gb refurb
    Pay £130 and you have a phat 160gb refurb (not sure on this option - you sure its a refurb?)

or

Sell it and add £150ish and get a brand new 120gb slim, with 12 month warranty

For £20 more you are getting a hell of a lot of a better console, brand new and under warranty- they are also much less likely to YLOD in future. From what I can make out any fix will not fix it for good, ie the problem will reoccur. At which point you will be asked to cough up another £130 no doubt.

This happened to me twice, i rang them up and complained!

Basically said that i have had multiple breaks and that Sony shouldn't have faulty products etc, they sent my call to the manager who said they will repair it free of charge!

Definately worth a punt.

I say learn how to fix it yourself. There is a great guide on my page that is worth checking out. It may give you an idea on how to fix it on your ow hop it can help. squidoo.com/rep…ps3
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung Note 8914
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4552124
      3. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1122
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120

See more discussions