Groups
    EXPIRED

FAULTY PSP - can i use continuous play?

Banned
    I dropped my psp and now it doesn't work anyone. Basically the battery doesn't charge. It's a fat psp and i was going to throw it away when i read a bit about continuous play.

Can i just sign up for a month and get a brand new psp?
    and will it be a fat one?

thanks a lot for your help

48 Comments

there is no limit on how long you have the continuous play for, or how many times in one month that you claim.
    so yes take it out and claim, but i would wait a couple of days before claiming.
    you wont get a brand new one just a refurb, but its better then nothing and for £2.49 you cant go wrong.

Original Poster Banned

thanks
    so i could buy a slim faulty psp in the same month and get a refurb one?
    also can the fault be absolutely anything - screen? broken analogue stick...?

any fault is covered and the policy covers all your playatations ie: psp, psone ps2 ps3

So if I sign up and two days later claim will they say anything?

they will just ask for the insurance number, so you will hae to wait for your insurance to come, unless you get that info you pay on the net

Original Poster Banned

wow seems too good to be true there must be a catch?

also if you give them my faulty psp without charger or battery (sold them) will the reconditioned one have battery and charger?

We are not allowed to give information on how to commit insurance fraud. :-(

olivier81;4760868

wow seems too good to be true there must be a catch?

Yes the catch is the police marching you to the station.

its not insuramce fraud, this is how this policy works, you take it to get your psp fixed, please read up on it, before judging

Can i just sign up for a month and get a brand new psp?

wickedteen;4760879

its not insuramce fraud, this is how this policy works, you take it to … its not insuramce fraud, this is how this policy works, you take it to get your psp fixed, please read up on it, before judging

The OP has dropped their PSP, and now wants to take out insurance.

I have read the policy, could you post a link to the part where Sony allows you to do this, I can't find it?

wickedteen;4760745

there is no limit on how long you have the continuous play for, or how … there is no limit on how long you have the continuous play for, or how many times in one month that you claim.[COLOR="Red"]so yes take it out and claim[/COLOR], but i would wait a couple of days before claiming.you wont get a brand new one just a refurb, but its better then nothing and for £2.49 you cant go wrong.

Why would you wait two days to make a claim?

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;4760894

The OP has dropped their PSP, and now wants to take out insurance.I have … The OP has dropped their PSP, and now wants to take out insurance.I have read the policy, could you post a link to the part where Sony allows you to do this, I can't find it?

all i wanted to know was if i could get a brand new psp for my faulty one using this insurance plan. as far as im aware this isn't fraudulent?

you dont get a brand new one you get a refurb, when my son dropped ours i contacted thenm before taking out the insurance and i was told that i should take out the policy then wait a couple of days before making a claim, this is why playatation have made this policy up, to save you money, seems strange but it works.
    maybe they are thinking along the lines of its only £2.49 a month no-one will both to cancel so they make there money. if you think about it all they are doing is replacing yours with a refurb, they pick yours up and refurb that, then someone else gets yours and it keeps going like that, so really you are only paying delivery.

olivier81;4760905

all i wanted to know was if i could get a brand new psp for my faulty one … all i wanted to know was if i could get a brand new psp for my faulty one using this insurance plan. as far as im aware this isn't fraudulent?

Phone Sony and ask them. Tell them that you have broke your PSP, and want to take out their insurance to get it fixed, apparently this is fine.

08705 99 88 77

im going by what i was told, i have had to claim 5 times in one month before, its called a 4 year old who likes to drop things. i never had a problem.

wickedteen;4760946

im going by what i was told, i have had to claim 5 times in one month … im going by what i was told, i have had to claim 5 times in one month before, its called a 4 year old who likes to drop things. i never had a problem.

wickedteen;4760879

its not insuramce fraud, this is how this policy works, you take it to … its not insuramce fraud, this is how this policy works, you take it to get your psp fixed, please read up on it, before judging

You said to read up on it, I can't find where it covers previously broken consoles.
    Is it there or not?

olivier81;4760868

wow seems too good to be true there must be a catch?also if you give them … wow seems too good to be true there must be a catch?also if you give them my faulty psp without charger or battery (sold them) will the reconditioned one have battery and charger?

it has to have the battery and charger, but if you dont have them just say you dont need them, you have to swap over like for like.

Original Poster Banned

good so i take out the plan and then give them a ring to tell them? Is there a not 0870 number - ive had a look on saynoto0870 but not sure which one to use?

type in psp in the search on here, there is a few threads about this on this site, the search will bring them up.

So to say if my psp breaks all I pay is £2.49 a month and i'll be covered and this is totally legal?

Met-Cast;4761038

So to say if my psp breaks all I pay is £2.49 a month and i'll be covered … So to say if my psp breaks all I pay is £2.49 a month and i'll be covered and this is totally legal?

yes it will

But for the PS3 it's £4.99 correct? My friend's PS3 has broke he can't find anyway to fix it even called some people up to try it still nothing so how would this work?

same way i presume

And I don't need to prove anything at all just sign up whatever ring up, wait 2 days claim, and then wait 2 days for them to come pick up my friends ps3 then give the other?

yes thats it

Btw have you personally used this service?

have you read the thread

I mean with PS3s lol.

my psp has a faulty umd im trying this !!

Met-Cast;4761377

I mean with PS3s lol.

i dont have a ps3 so no sorry, but it should work in the same way.

MarzBarz tell me how it goes, Ima try it with my PS3 soon.

Thanks wickedteen :thumbsup:

I can't believe you don't think this is fraud!! So if I break my TV then go and get house insurance, 2 weeks later claim, em, I think I'd have a knock on the door from someone from the insurance company.

I have this cover for my PS3 & was told that i can claim as soon as my insurance papers
    arrive in the post.
    IMO this will not continue as some will abuse it & they will change the terms so you can't
    claim within so & so months but at the moment there are no limits to when you can claim
    T & C
    continuousplay.co.uk/Ter…spx

Insurance papers?

Snake;4761750

I have this cover for my PS3 & was told that i can claim as soon as my … I have this cover for my PS3 & was told that i can claim as soon as my insurance papersarrive in the post. IMO this will not continue as some will abuse it & they will change the terms so you can'tclaim within so & so months but at the moment there are no limits to when you can claimT & Chttps://continuousplay.co.uk/TermsAndConditions.aspx

The problem isn't with how quick you make a claim, that's how insurance works. The problem is with people breaking something then lying about it and not disclosing that it broke before they had taken out the policy.

Still awaiting confirmation from wickedteen about these details in Sony's paperwork though. I can't find it.

Met-Cast;4761778

Insurance papers?

Insurance Policy with your reference number, who to call & so on.
    You have a 7 day cooling off period then they send you out the policy.
    You should also get an email but i didn't so had to call them thats when i was
    told they are in the post & you can claim as soon as you have them.

Snake;4761865

Insurance Policy with your reference number, who to call & so on.You have … Insurance Policy with your reference number, who to call & so on.You have a 7 day cooling off period then they send you out the policy.You should also get an email but i didn't so had to call them thats when i wastold they are in the post & you can claim as soon as you have them.

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

your not so much caiming as all you are doing is swapping the machine out.

i recently took out a insurance policy on my washing machine i told them it was broken and they came out on the sameday as i took out the policy, hmm is that fraud then.

do they ask for proof of purchase or anything?
    whats to stop you from buying a broken one from ebay and getting a new one?

they dont ask for proof of purchase just when you bought it, dosnt matter if it second hand, nothing to stop you buying secondhand and getting it replaced through this scheme.

what if the warranty sticker has been removed?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?27105
    2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …1730
    3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2337
    4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1528

See more discussions