Groups

Faulty Toshiba HD DVD Player EP30 - how much is it worth??

I was just wondering how much a faulty hd dvd player is worrth

it turns on and starts up but it wont read a disc proberley somthing wrong with the lazer or drive maybe it could be fixed easily but i dont have the time

so how much do u think its worth?

3 Comments

Tried taking it to your local TV repair/electricians just incase its something minor causing the non-read.

I'm guessing not worth a lot unless you can find a new laser on ebay.

If you can hear the disc spinning, give it a thud on the top cover while it is trying to read the DVD. If that doesn't work, push the drive tray in quite sharply while it is taking the DVD in. I've known both these tricks to work. The second one made my PS2 read discs when it stopped working for over 2 weeks.

Original Poster

The Therapist;4998228

If you can hear the disc spinning, give it a thud on the top cover while … If you can hear the disc spinning, give it a thud on the top cover while it is trying to read the DVD. If that doesn't work, push the drive tray in quite sharply while it is taking the DVD in. I've known both these tricks to work. The second one made my PS2 read discs when it stopped working for over 2 weeks.

thanks ill give it a try:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285998
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523461
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416814130
      4. What is there free to do in your town?611

See more discussions