Groups

Faulty TV from CDiscount

Hi, we purchased a 19" Bush LCD from CDiscount at the end of October which is now faulty. Unfortunately CDiscount has gone into liquidation. We paid for the item on our credit card. Do you think they (CC) would help us if we contact them? Or should we contact Bush?

9 Comments

Contacted the tv manufacturer as they normally repair free of charge due to it being in warranty.

Original Poster

dananana;7302488

Contacted the tv manufacturer as they normally repair free of charge due … Contacted the tv manufacturer as they normally repair free of charge due to it being in warranty.

Can't find any link to the Bush website on the google or anywhere unfortunately

dave_lunt2;7302496

Can't find any link to the Bush website on the google or anywhere … Can't find any link to the Bush website on the google or anywhere unfortunately

Alba make bush. contact them

Edit, support link on this page. harvardplc.com/

or try Phone: 020 8584-5533 Fax: 0181-591-0962

dave_lunt2;7302496

Can't find any link to the Bush website on the google or anywhere … Can't find any link to the Bush website on the google or anywhere unfortunately

Yeah. that seems strange if you can't contact them then go to you card provider ask to make a chargeback as you should be covered under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Banned

dont you have any manuals or warranty cards that came with the tv?

Harvard International Plc (formally Alba plc) 0871 230 0790 or 020 8238 7650 Head Office for Goodmans, Bush and Alba.

Original Poster

yeah i'll see if I can dig the manual out tonight, I had been on the harvardplc website but when I click on bush it goes to Bush Australia and when I go to support Bush isn't there which is strange. I'll give them a call anyway. Fingers crossed!

Credit card company is jointly and severally reposible, along with the shop.

Should be your first port of call - you are more likely to get a refund (and can then shop around for a good main branded deal)

Original Poster

Fluffykins;7302922

Credit card company is jointly and severally reposible, along with the … Credit card company is jointly and severally reposible, along with the shop.Should be your first portof call - you are more likely to get a refund (and can then shop around for a good main branded deal)

Yeah think we've learnt our lesson on that one!

Fluffykins;7302922

Credit card company is jointly and severally reposible, along with the … Credit card company is jointly and severally reposible, along with the shop.Should be your first port of call - you are more likely to get a refund (and can then shop around for a good main branded deal)

2nd that, get a full refund from the card company and then buy a new one in the Sale for less.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?916
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2484
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1014
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416151

See more discussions