Groups

Faulty XBox 360

Hello everyone,

my Xbox 360 (Premier) has come up with 4 red lights - my son put a promotional DVD in it and that's what caused it, now it doesn't work anymore and is out of warranty.

Can anyone please advice if it has any value for spares?

Many thanks

15 Comments

Banned

is it 100% out of warranty? all xbox's have a 3 year warranty for RROD

Original Poster

DG, thanks for your reply. Yes we had it just over 3 years now, typical :roll:

Check your tv cable connection

4 red lights is an av signal issue iirc (which i almost certainly don't)

Banned

Buy a PS3 :-)

But seriously, if i was you, i'd eBay it. If it's out of warranty and you don't know how to fix it yourself, you don't have much of a choice but to salvage some cash.

I suspect it'd still go for £40-50 on eBay and some clever chap might know how to fix it.

4 red lights is not the rrod.
    4 red lights means it can't detect the av cable. make sure it hasn't come loose

try unplugging the AV cable giving it a clean and plugging it back in before you try anything else

Original Poster

Thanks guys for your replies, much appreciated.
    Will tell, ASK, hubby to check the cable :thumbsup:

We have been very happy with it till this happened but of course if there is no recourse then I will replace with Playstation solely because of it being a Blueray reader apart from an addiction

If is not the cable I'll put it in the FS section along with all the games acquired over the years!

Original Poster

Will check AV cable tomorrow and let you all know thanks xx

Ring microsoft and explain problem, they will probably repair it free of charge as they did with mine and mine was out of warrenty. good luck

Original Poster

Hello all, hubby reconected it and checked the av cable and it works! many thanks
    Maybe he was pulling a fast one to get a playstation ;-)

Anyway have some rep, thanks!!

Original Poster

Hy Guys
    now the Xbox has 3 red lights and is out of warranty - it was a premium bundle. If I were to sell it for spares on the F/S Forum how much is it worth?

Thnaks

Bikebarbie;4877032

Hy Guysnow the Xbox has 3 red lights and is out of warranty - it was a … Hy Guysnow the Xbox has 3 red lights and is out of warranty - it was a premium bundle. If I were to sell it for spares on the F/S Forum how much is it worth?Thnaks

before going down that route, it's usually worth giving one of these a try:

]RROD Kit

they're very easy to fit and usually sort the problem.

Bikebarbie;4877032

Hy Guysnow the Xbox has 3 red lights and is out of warranty - it was a … Hy Guysnow the Xbox has 3 red lights and is out of warranty - it was a premium bundle. If I were to sell it for spares on the F/S Forum how much is it worth?Thnaks

Is it out of it's 3 year RRoD warranty though, if not then M$ will get it fixed up for free for you :thumbsup:

Mike..

MikeBeaver;4878380

Is it out of it's 3 year RRoD warranty though, if not then M$ will get it … Is it out of it's 3 year RRoD warranty though, if not then M$ will get it fixed up for free for you :thumbsup:Mike..

check post 3.

Original Poster

So does anyone know how much it would be worth for spares?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047068
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread422914433
      3. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1431
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17816341

See more discussions