Favourite Football Commentary Team

Found 23rd Apr 2017
What is your favourite football commentary team?
Community Updates
MiscFootball
26 Comments
Original Poster
The beIN Sports Commentary team, especially Ray Hudson. His commentary is awesome and on Messi he turns legendary
youtu.be/XMp…uz0
Edited by: "Deadpooled" 24th Apr 2017
Defo NOT Michael Owen and/or Glen Hoddle.
John Motson and his sheepskin
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/624/mcs/media/images/65381000/jpg/_65381415_mmftbsnowmontage3.jpg
Original Poster
Rich069

Defo NOT Michael Owen and/or Glen Hoddle.

Could be worse... could be Phil Neville in Brazil!
This is my favourite trio when watching football - Youtube.
It's Philip Glass, Music in 12 Parts and is on 3 CDs.
Don't generally have the commentary on as I have eyes, hence why I am watching the football and it's not exactly rocket science so I can work out what is going on.
Got to be Chris Kamara - THE most hilarious commentator ever... m.youtube.com/wat…Ey8
Anything but Beglin, Owen, and McManaman they just feel the need to be more commentator than co.
Carragher annoys the hell out of me as well, just feel Scouse doesn't translate well down a Microphone.
I do like Gary Neville, Ian darke, John motson, keown, Wright and Dixon.
Must be a north/South thing, as Ian Wright makes me want to smash my telly to pieces...idiotic punditry combined with the worst dress sense on tv.

Robbie Savage is another clown, and Chris Sutton is about as exciting as watching grass grow.

As a rule of thumb, anyone on BT Sport is dreadful.
Curlyman83

Must be a north/South thing, as Ian Wright makes me want to smash my … Must be a north/South thing, as Ian Wright makes me want to smash my telly to pieces...idiotic punditry combined with the worst dress sense on tv.Robbie Savage is another clown, and Chris Sutton is about as exciting as watching grass grow.As a rule of thumb, anyone on BT Sport is dreadful.

​Agree Savage is awfull-commentating or on 5 live. Just a child who cant hold an adult argument or conversation.
the Gillette soccer saturday team are entertaining.
Banned
Anyone but Martin Tyler
Agharta

This is my favourite trio when watching football - Youtube.It's Philip … This is my favourite trio when watching football - Youtube.It's Philip Glass, Music in 12 Parts and is on 3 CDs. :)Don't generally have the commentary on as I have eyes, hence why I am watching the football and it's not exactly rocket science so I can work out what is going on.

funny as.
Marcoos

Anyone but Martin Tyler

Yeah he should just talk Manc and wear a Manc shirt.
The way he screams thinking it's going to be a goal, then it turns out to be a goal kick.
It's like he's building up for the next sky sports advert :-/
How can you not get bored of Gary X)
youtu.be/tpX…Vo0
Cannot stand Alan smith or Michael Owen,
https://media.balls.ie/uploads/2014/10/alan-smith-Image-0005.jpg

give John Motson or Kenneth Wolstenholme or Guy Mowbray & andy gray.

John Motson:"Oh that tackle was so hard it probably hurt his whole family."
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 24th Apr 2017
Original Poster
geebeegooner

Yeah he should just talk Manc and wear a Manc shirt.The way he screams … Yeah he should just talk Manc and wear a Manc shirt.The way he screams thinking it's going to be a goal, then it turns out to be a goal kick.It's like he's building up for the next sky sports advert :-/

Worse than Clive Tydesley and his love-in with Wayne Rooney?
hass123

I've got that noise in my head now X)
hass123

geebeegooner

I've got that noise in my head now X)

Yes, less of Clive Tyldesley's trite and cliched commentary is one of the upsides of ITV losing some TV rights. I quite like Steve McManaman's genuine enthusiasm on BT Sport though.
Saturn

Yes, less of Clive Tyldesley's trite and cliched commentary is one of the … Yes, less of Clive Tyldesley's trite and cliched commentary is one of the upsides of ITV losing some TV rights. I quite like Steve McManaman's genuine enthusiasm on BT Sport though.

Tyldesley may be awful but he is still a lot better than his erstwhile sidekick, Andy (The Irishman) Townsend! He was so bad that he couldn't even get the blindingly obvious right.They were a great double act - almost the third Chuckle Brothers.
The worst is Niall Quinn. Horrible.

Neville is the best. Used to love Andy Gray. Quality.
Original Poster
RonChew

Tyldesley may be awful but he is still a lot better than his erstwhile … Tyldesley may be awful but he is still a lot better than his erstwhile sidekick, Andy (The Irishman) Townsend! He was so bad that he couldn't even get the blindingly obvious right.They were a great double act - almost the third Chuckle Brothers.

Oh, not Townsend. One of the worst I've ever had the misfortune to watch on commentary, replaced an awesome commentator in Ally McCoist for ITV and turned a once great commentator in Clive Tydesley into a Rooney puppet.
Original Poster
gmdlogan

The worst is Niall Quinn. Horrible. Neville is the best. Used to love … The worst is Niall Quinn. Horrible. Neville is the best. Used to love Andy Gray. Quality.

Andy Gray was awesome, shame he couldn't hold in a "misogynistic" joke about that female linesman.
Tony Gubba was always my favourite. Incredibly knowledgeable, thoughtful commentary and a distinctive tone! RIP Tony
Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler
Original Poster
anil2

Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

BAH GAWD!!! MY GOD THEY KILLED HIM! WITH GOD AS MY WITNESS HE HAS BROKEN IN HALF!!! OH GOD DAMN PLEASE STOP THE DAMN MATCH!!! OH BAH GAWD, GOD DAMNIT!

JR the legend youtu.be/rAC…pdM

And Lawler with PUPPIES!!!

Nowadays most commentary teams in wrestling suck bad, WWE teams are terrible despite having Corey Graves on Raw, Mauro Ranallo leaving has made SmackDown's comm team terrible. And don't get me started on how diabolically bad the TNA comm team is, easily the worst ever. The only team today which can hold up to the great comm teams is Matt Striker and Vampiro.
Edited by: "Deadpooled" 24th Apr 2017
Original Poster
Anyone watching the Monaco Juventus game on BT Sport tonight? Hear the absolutely terrible commentary on that excellent Higuain goal?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants