favourite games

Now 2016 is drawing to a close. What are your top games of 2016? For me it's going to be:
Stella Glow - 3DS
Final FantasyXV - PS4
Lost Dimension - PS3
Rodea: Sky Soldier on Wii U

63 Comments

Not in any specific order, my favorite games this year are Rez Infinite (PSVR), Table Top Racing (PS4, most hours played) and Thumper (PSVR). Battlzone (PSVR) and Alienation (PS4) are alright too.
Edited by: "MSK." 9th Dec 2016

moneysavingkitten

Not in any specific order, my favorite games this year are Rez Infinite … Not in any specific order, my favorite games this year are Rez Infinite (PSVR), Table Top Racing (PS4, most hours played) and Thumper (PSVR). Battlzones (PSVR) and Alienation (PS4) are alright too.

Must...fight...psvr...envy...

rdtorres

Must...fight...psvr...envy...

I'm crossing everything for you that you get lucky with the flamedeer, I want to share that excitement!

Don't think I've bought any games released this year except fifa 17. Could put resident evil beginning hour in I suppose.

moneysavingkitten

I'm crossing everything for you that you get lucky with the flamedeer, I … I'm crossing everything for you that you get lucky with the flamedeer, I want to share that excitement!

Cheers. Luck won't come into it though. I already have the white abominable flame deer so I think it's basically in the bag.

In no particular order

1) Overwatch
2) FFXV
3) BF1
4) the division (post 1.4)
5) Forza Horizon 3

Oh and top 5 let downs-

1) No mans sky (obviously)
2) Uncharted 4
3) Mafia 3
4) The Division (pre 1.4)
5) Star Fox zero.

moneysavingkitten

I'm crossing everything for you that you get lucky with the flamedeer, I … I'm crossing everything for you that you get lucky with the flamedeer, I want to share that excitement!

Just out of interest are you playing it on standard ps4 or a pro? You been impressed by it I take it?

Original Poster

I hope someone get's lucky with the flamedeer and nabs a PSVR. A close friend of mine has one and LOVES it

Snakeyes646

In no particular order1) Overwatch2) FFXV3) BF14) the division (post … In no particular order1) Overwatch2) FFXV3) BF14) the division (post 1.4)5) Forza Horizon 3Oh and top 5 let downs-1) No mans sky (obviously)2) Uncharted 43) Mafia 34) The Division (pre 1.4)5) Star Fox zero.

Oh uncharted 4 I got that. Not played much of it but it seemed decent.

Uncharted 4 is great but could and should have been better to be honest, maybe my expectations were too high, enjoyed rise of the tomb raider a lot more.

Original Poster

Snakeyes646

In no particular order1) Overwatch2) FFXV3) BF14) the division (post … In no particular order1) Overwatch2) FFXV3) BF14) the division (post 1.4)5) Forza Horizon 3Oh and top 5 let downs-1) No mans sky (obviously)2) Uncharted 43) Mafia 34) The Division (pre 1.4)5) Star Fox zero.

Uncharted 4 disappointed you in what way?

TCraig

Uncharted 4 disappointed you in what way?

I guess I’m just tired of the guided gameplay and linear experience. I was hoping the made strides forward in allowing more freedom and less guidance to shape the overall experience. They give you the illusion of freedom at times, but its not real freedom.

You will climb on stuff all the time. In Scotland, you stand in a field, looking at a map. You have to go over to the graveyard, which is near a monastery that the bad guy is digging around because he’s going after the same thing you are. But instead of walking to the graveyard, you take the most bizarre, improvised cliffhanger path imaginable.you can’t just walk anywhere — you have to find the path that takes you through physically impassible areas so you can do “gameplay.” Unfortunately, all that climbing is neither challenging nor very enjoyable, and the fact that you’re doing these impossible maneuvers on the regular renders all of them mundane. What should be awesome and thrilling is just the thing you do over and over for hours on end.

As a result, the game becomes an experience that is preoccupied with placing physical obstacles every three steps in front of you. You’ll find yourself, very often, needing to go straight up maybe 20 feet, but without any obvious means to do so. “It’s too high for a boost,” somebody will say, meaning that even if Nate or one of his companions stand on another’s shoulders they won’t be able to reach it.

I’m still a fan of the series but expected more from Uncharted4. It certainly is not a 10/10 experience like many reviews said. Personally for me it’s more of a 7/10 or 8/10, extra point for the awesome photo mode.
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 9th Dec 2016

Original Poster

Snakeyes646

I guess I’m just tired of the guided gameplay and linear experience. I w … I guess I’m just tired of the guided gameplay and linear experience. I was hoping the made strides forward in allowing more freedom and less guidance to shape the overall experience. They give you the illusion of freedom at times, but its not real freedom.You will climb on stuff all the time. In Scotland, you stand in a field, looking at a map. You have to go over to the graveyard, which is near a monastery that the bad guy is digging around because he’s going after the same thing you are. But instead of walking to the graveyard, you take the most bizarre, improvised cliffhanger path imaginable. In “Uncharted 4” you can’t just walk anywhere — you have to find the path that takes you through physically impassible areas so you can do “gameplay.” Unfortunately, all that climbing is neither challenging nor very enjoyable, and the fact that you’re doing these impossible maneuvers on the regular renders all of them mundane. What should be awesome and thrilling is just the thing you do over and over for hours on end.As a result, “Uncharted 4” becomes an experience that is preoccupied with placing physical obstacles every three steps in front of you. You’ll find yourself, very often, needing to go straight up maybe 20 feet, but without any obvious means to do so. “It’s too high for a boost,” somebody will say, meaning that even if Nate or one of his companions stand on another’s shoulders they won’t be able to reach it.I’m still a fan of the series but expected more from Uncharted4. It certainly is not a 10/10 experience like many reviews said. Personally for me it’s more of a 7/10 or 8/10, extra point for the awesome photo mode.

That is an interesting perspective. I wish reviews were as detailed

TCraig

That is an interesting perspective. I wish reviews were as detailed

Haha I've wrote about it a few times on forums etc, it was my most anticipated game but fell short for me sadly.

Best 3DS this year
Pokemon Sun and Moon! Shouldn't be a surprise to ya! lol. Have still yet to play Fire Emblem Birthright

Best Xbox One
Forza Horizon 3
Gears of War 4

Best PS4 - This is a tough one because I play all my 3rd party games on this aswell as the exclusive so it needs more thought and I may end up changing it. There has been far too many games so this list is from the top of my head until I can figure it out as it needs more thought
1) Uncharted 4
2) Final Fantasy XV
3) Bloodborne <- Even though it's not a 2016 game, I started playing it in Feb or so
4) The Witness
5) Battlefield 1
6) Dragon Quest Builders
7) Titanfall 2

Best Wii U
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

But nothing for the Vita this year I don't think
Edited by: "CoolDude0123" 9th Dec 2016

Original Poster

CoolDude0123

Best 3DS this yearPokemon Sun and Moon! Shouldn't be a surprise to ya! … Best 3DS this yearPokemon Sun and Moon! Shouldn't be a surprise to ya! lol. Have still yet to play Fire Emblem BirthrightBest Xbox OneForza Horizon 3Gears of War 4Best PS4 - This is a tough one because I play all my 3rd party games on this aswell as the exclusive so it needs more thought and I may end up changing it. There has been far too many games so this list is from the top of my head until I can figure it out as it needs more thought1) Uncharted 42) Final Fantasy XV3) Bloodborne <- Even though it's not a 2016 game, I started playing it in Feb or so4) The Witness5) Battlefield 16) Dragon Quest Builders7) Titanfall 2Best Wii UThe Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess But nothing for the Vita this year I don't think

I knew Pokemon was coming hahahaha! The demo is on my to play list for this weekend :P Love your list

TCraig

I knew Pokemon was coming hahahaha! The demo is on my to play list for … I knew Pokemon was coming hahahaha! The demo is on my to play list for this weekend :P Love your list

Yes yes, two of them! Don't forget the X/Y demo too... lol. Surprised there is no Digimon in yours!! Huh? What happened to that?!?! X)

Original Poster

CoolDude0123

Yes yes, two of them! Don't forget the X/Y demo too... lol. Surprised … Yes yes, two of them! Don't forget the X/Y demo too... lol. Surprised there is no Digimon in yours!! Huh? What happened to that?!?! X)

Now then don't mock my beloved Digimon haha. The game is in my top 5... More Pokemon demands eh? :P

top 3 (in no order)
Uncharted 4
Gears 4
Watch Dogs 2

TCraig

Now then don't mock my beloved Digimon haha. The game is in my top 5... … Now then don't mock my beloved Digimon haha. The game is in my top 5... More Pokemon demands eh? :P

Belongs in the list! So excuse me while I find myself a magnifying glass to find it. lol. Nope, not more Pokemon demands at all. It was part of the agreement from the start!

Original Poster

mikimiki

top 3 (in no order)Uncharted 4Gears 4Watch Dogs 2

Excellent Choices. I own Watchdogs 2, love it and I need to get back into it

TCraig

Excellent Choices. I own Watchdogs 2, love it and I need to get back into … Excellent Choices. I own Watchdogs 2, love it and I need to get back into it

Thanks! not finished it yet but really enjoying it so far

The last guardian may get a mention yet but gotta wait till tomorrow to start playing it! Not played watchdogs 2 as I'm holding off for now having got burnt by the first game.

Really wanna buy Pokemon Sun/Moon and the new Fire Emblem and BF1! But saving up my money.
But I can't decide between BF1 or FFXV

Original Poster

Snakeyes646

The last guardian may get a mention yet but gotta wait till tomorrow to … The last guardian may get a mention yet but gotta wait till tomorrow to start playing it! Not played watchdogs 2 as I'm holding off for now having got burnt by the first game.

change your list as much as you like Yeah Watchdogs 1 was a bit of a letdown for me. I took a risk with the sequel, so far i have been impressed. It's not GTA but the freedom you have to do what you want is amazing.

Snakeyes646

The last guardian may get a mention yet but gotta wait till tomorrow to … The last guardian may get a mention yet but gotta wait till tomorrow to start playing it! Not played watchdogs 2 as I'm holding off for now having got burnt by the first game.

Did yours not arrive today too? Mine is coming from Tescos Direct and they have just given the game another little delay for me. lol

- Forza Horizon 3 is my number one choice without a doubt

- Dark Souls 3 is an easy second

- Destiny Rise of Iron is third

- Rise of the Tomb Raider next

- Gravity Rush Remastered

- Quantum Break

- Ratchet and Clank

Does The Witcher Blood and Wine DLC count? If so that's gotta be first

Also, although they are not from this year I really enjoyed Life is Strange, Beyond Two Souls and Diablo 3. All played this year.

I haven't had the privilege of playing Watch Dogs 2 yet. Uncharted 4 I did enjoy but I was so let down by it that I can't bring myself to add it to my list of favourite games. I feel pretty bitter towards it.

Edited by: "Bure11" 9th Dec 2016

Snakeyes646

I guess I’m just tired of the guided gameplay and linear experience. I w … I guess I’m just tired of the guided gameplay and linear experience. I was hoping the made strides forward in allowing more freedom and less guidance to shape the overall experience. They give you the illusion of freedom at times, but its not real freedom.You will climb on stuff all the time. In Scotland, you stand in a field, looking at a map. You have to go over to the graveyard, which is near a monastery that the bad guy is digging around because he’s going after the same thing you are. But instead of walking to the graveyard, you take the most bizarre, improvised cliffhanger path imaginable.you can’t just walk anywhere — you have to find the path that takes you through physically impassible areas so you can do “gameplay.” Unfortunately, all that climbing is neither challenging nor very enjoyable, and the fact that you’re doing these impossible maneuvers on the regular renders all of them mundane. What should be awesome and thrilling is just the thing you do over and over for hours on end.As a result, the game becomes an experience that is preoccupied with placing physical obstacles every three steps in front of you. You’ll find yourself, very often, needing to go straight up maybe 20 feet, but without any obvious means to do so. “It’s too high for a boost,” somebody will say, meaning that even if Nate or one of his companions stand on another’s shoulders they won’t be able to reach it.I’m still a fan of the series but expected more from Uncharted4. It certainly is not a 10/10 experience like many reviews said. Personally for me it’s more of a 7/10 or 8/10, extra point for the awesome photo mode.

Completely agree with you there. It's an unpopular opinion but I was let down by 4 also and I'm also a huge fan of the series. There was just something also that didn't click throughout the way it did with the other 3, can't quite specify what is is however but it just felt a little flat throughout.

Out of interest what would you have ranked the other 3?

Original Poster

Bure11

- Forza Horizon 3 is my number one choice without a doubt- Dark Souls 3 … - Forza Horizon 3 is my number one choice without a doubt- Dark Souls 3 is an easy second- Destiny Rise of Iron is third- Rise of the Tomb Raider next- Quantum Break

Excellent choices

TCraig

Excellent choices

That's my final edit of that until I play a new game

Good thread too!
Edited by: "Bure11" 9th Dec 2016

Bure11

Completely agree with you there. It's an unpopular opinion but I was let … Completely agree with you there. It's an unpopular opinion but I was let down by 4 also and I'm also a huge fan of the series. There was just something also that didn't click throughout the way it did with the other 3, can't quite specify what is is however but it just felt a little flat throughout. Out of interest what would you have ranked the other 3?

The second game is the best in the series for me 10/10 easy then UC1 9/10 and UC3 also 9/10.

CoolDude0123

Did yours not arrive today too? Mine is coming from Tescos Direct and … Did yours not arrive today too? Mine is coming from Tescos Direct and they have just given the game another little delay for me. lol

Yeah mine didn't arrive today so hopefully tomorrow

Original Poster

Bure11

That's my final edit of that until I play a new game :pGood thread too!

My list is final as I have no new games coming this year. Thank you very much glad you're enjoying the thread

Snakeyes646

The second game is the best in the series for me 10/10 easy then UC1 9/10 … The second game is the best in the series for me 10/10 easy then UC1 9/10 and UC3 also 9/10.

Apart from giving 3 and 8, I'd agree

I think I'll just consider 4 a spin off, like Golden Abyss X)

Original Poster

CoolDude0123

Belongs in the list! So excuse me while I find myself a magnifying glass … Belongs in the list! So excuse me while I find myself a magnifying glass to find it. lol. Nope, not more Pokemon demands at all. It was part of the agreement from the start!

The agreement was you buy the game and i play the demo!! :P

moneysavingkitten

Not in any specific order, my favorite games this year are Rez Infinite … Not in any specific order, my favorite games this year are Rez Infinite (PSVR), Table Top Racing (PS4, most hours played) and Thumper (PSVR). Battlzone (PSVR) and Alienation (PS4) are alright too.

A PS+ game. Don't mention that in the PS+ monthly deal threads.

Bure11

I've started again as the saves don't carry over for the GotY version. I don't mind though as it is such a fantastic game, I'm not not anywhere near the DLC bits though and have only just got to the main city.

moneysavingkitten

Not in any specific order, my favorite games this year are Rez Infinite … Not in any specific order, my favorite games this year are Rez Infinite (PSVR), Table Top Racing (PS4, most hours played) and Thumper (PSVR). Battlzone (PSVR) and Alienation (PS4) are alright too.

Bure11

That's a shame they don't carry over But it is a fantastic game and I personally thought Blood and Wine was better than the actual game in a lot of ways.

In the GOTY edition are you able to start each DLC at a set level with set items? Or did you just want to do a full playthrough

moneysavingkitten

Bure11

I know right? How dare I get longevity, quality entertainment and enjoyment from one of the free indie games! Nor did any FPS or open world games make my list.

If I wasn't written off already from being a crazy cat lady, I certainly will be now

Bloodborne.

I played it in 2016 so it's going in.

Original Poster

deeky

Bloodborne.I played it in 2016 so it's going in.

Absolutely!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Samsung or Hisense11
    2. Photobook for up to 400 photos?35
    3. Iphone 7 - What Case?48
    4. What to do?????79

See more discussions