Groups

Fed up of telephone sales

I keep having the same company ring me with a stupid recorded message telling me at the end to press 5 if im intrested , ive had it day after day , i press 5 and speak to someone they agree to take my number of then it happens the next day.

Then someone put the phone down on me .

Are there any laws to prevent them ....can i take legal action for harrasment as i want to teach this company a lesson as im sick of it now.

Its been happening for months , i usually just put the phone down , but you dont know how annoying it is when your in the shower/bath and you rush to pick up the phone to find its them

Or eating my dinner and they ring , grrrrr

9 Comments

i so hear you and shouldnt even happen to me as im ex -directory. We have only given our number to family , my husband's boss and like the bank and the doctors.
    And half teh time when you do hang up it dont disconnect unless i phone my pwn number form my mobile

register with this site it will stop the calls ]http//ww…ps/

Original Poster

ding;2371888

register with this site it will stop the calls … register with this site it will stop the calls http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

Hi , thanks for that , just did it , hope it works though as if a company jsut shoves the phone down on me when i asked them to remove me details im not sure this will stop them??

Edit :Ah see the website also deals with complaints so ill fill that in also just to make sure

is this a debt consolidation company? i have the same problem, somehow, my office number ended up on their calling list, everytime i ask to be removed but it never happens, bit annoying!

Original Poster

amansk;2372069

is this a debt consolidation company? i have the same problem, somehow, … is this a debt consolidation company? i have the same problem, somehow, my office number ended up on their calling list, everytime i ask to be removed but it never happens, bit annoying!

Ah yeah thats the one , yup not sure how they got my number either .....if i hear that voice one more time i think ill hit the rooth , either that or my next thing ill try is when they answer when i press 5 ill just keep swearing uncontrollably like a mental patient lol :-D

ding;2371888

register with this site it will stop the calls … register with this site it will stop the calls ]http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

We are on that, yet we still get the recorded messages every once in a while, I think it's a company not playing ball with regulations :x

Robotochan;2372108

We are on that, yet we still get the recorded messages every once in a … We are on that, yet we still get the recorded messages every once in a while, I think it's a company not playing ball with regulations :x

i work for market research and registering with the tps or being ex-directory doesnt stop us from phoning people because its not sales, just mark research, so maybe the calls you are getting are for research only. Mind you it does p*** people off though!:thumbsup:

Nah munz, it's debt consolidation calls If I were to consolidate my debt.. I'd go to my bank... (of course I only have my student loan so not really possible to consolidate lol)

A-n-d-y;2372107

Ah yeah thats the one , yup not sure how they got my number either … Ah yeah thats the one , yup not sure how they got my number either .....if i hear that voice one more time i think ill hit the rooth , either that or my next thing ill try is when they answer when i press 5 ill just keep swearing uncontrollably like a mental patient lol :-D

press 5 and ask them to hold then just place the phone next to the tv then get on with your life they will soon hang up
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky22
      2. When is the next Howdens Joinery sale?11
      3. Xbox one region23
      4. Legal advice?56

See more discussions