Groups

Fee for using 1471 callback

Just been checking my calls on my bt phone bill and I have unlimited free calls day and night for a fiver a month to all numbers starting 01 02 and 0845, anyway I have used 1471 a lot then pressed 3 to return the call, thinking this was free to use, only to find out it cost 12.2pence per time I use it, just letting people know incase they also thought it was free.

11 Comments

I think it says you will be charged before you use it right?

I think its free to listen to the number that called, but charge to call them back using "3"

Original Poster

Thanks I never listen to what they said I always just press 3, I will listen to it next time to check.

I was infatuated once with the woman on the speaking clock.....i used to listen to her for hours but she never once made a mistake :x

5nowman;8254607

I think its free to listen to the number that called, but charge to call … I think its free to listen to the number that called, but charge to call them back using "3"

This ^^

their taking advantage of the fact that most of us cba to dial the whole number again and are in a habbit of using the '3' button.

Get a phone with caller display and use the callback feature of that.
    BT warns you of the charge "to return the call using BT press 3 there is usually a charge for this service".

Banned

surely this is free and the charge is actually for the call to the number mentioned in the 1471

csiman;8255058

surely this is free and the charge is actually for the call to the number … surely this is free and the charge is actually for the call to the number mentioned in the 1471

Nope you pay for the call plus a charge 10p I think for using the ringback service

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;8255075

Nope you pay for the call plus a charge 10p I think for using the … Nope you pay for the call plus a charge 10p I think for using the ringback service

oh well - its defo free on VM
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1326
      2. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1430
      3. Toys R Us Warning....2023
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767104

See more discussions