Groups

FEED THE BIRDS!

Banned
    please make an effort to feed the birds in your immediate area , they are going to be hit hard by this ongoing bad weather. thanks

25 Comments

SuperEd

http://www.inkycircus.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/03/20/pigeons_2.jpg

what about the rats?

dont feed the pigeons, bloody vermin, i do feed the others tho.

Ok,dumb question alert.

If you put bacon rind out,does it have to be cooked first:oops:

Havent the birds flown away for Winter ?

SuperEd

http://www.heavypetal.ca/uploads/archived/mary_poppins.jpg

Tazzer;7526770

:roll:

I have tried but everything I have put out has been left uneaten! There are a few birds about but they dont seem to be hungry!

Original Poster Banned

deb8z;7526765

Ok,dumb question alert.If you put bacon rind out,does it have to be … Ok,dumb question alert.If you put bacon rind out,does it have to be cooked first:oops:

rind is ok raw
    thanks

tangramman;7526816

rind is ok raw thanks

Cool,i'll put it out then as i cut it off before i cook it:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Tazzer;7526770

not the ones whose planes were cancelled ......... :whistling:

"I have tried but everything I have put out has been left uneaten! There are a few birds about but they dont seem to be hungry!"

please be patient, the birds will eventually find the feeder.

on another note we're having trouble with aggressive jackdaws does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this?

[QUOTE=westmorlandlife;7526866]please be patient, the birds will eventually find the feeder.

on another note we're having trouble with aggressive jackdaws does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this?[/QUOTE]

Shotgun?

Original Poster Banned

westmorlandlife;7526866

"I have tried but everything I have put out has been left uneaten! There … "I have tried but everything I have put out has been left uneaten! There are a few birds about but they dont seem to be hungry!"please be patient, the birds will eventually find the feeder.on another note we're having trouble with aggressive jackdaws does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this?

maybe put mesh around your birdtable with holes that only allow the smaller birds in. : )

westmorlandlife;7526866

"I have tried but everything I have put out has been left uneaten! There … "I have tried but everything I have put out has been left uneaten! There are a few birds about but they dont seem to be hungry!"please be patient, the birds will eventually find the feeder.on another note we're [COLOR="Red"]having trouble with aggressive jackdaws does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this[/COLOR]?

I find a high velocity .22 air rifle with silencer works just fine :whistling:

magicbeans;7526752

what about the rats?

Nah, let them fend for themselves.

Tazzer;7526770

Not all of them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/goonieman/robin3.jpg

tangramman;7526894

maybe put mesh around your birdtable with holes that only allow the … maybe put mesh around your birdtable with holes that only allow the smaller birds in. : )

thanks for replying
    I.ve tried this but they are terrorising the smaller birds,

shooting jackdaws is possible but husband is not certain whether they are protected, can anyone advise

westmorlandlife;7527026

thanks for replying I.ve tried this but they are terrorising the smaller … thanks for replying I.ve tried this but they are terrorising the smaller birds,

I tuck the feeder tubes and fat balls into an apple tree :thumbsup: as the bigger birds can't get into the branches :thumbsup: Try this ;-)

big-boy;7527060

I tuck the feeder tubes and fat balls into an apple tree :thumbsup: as … I tuck the feeder tubes and fat balls into an apple tree :thumbsup: as the bigger birds can't get into the branches :thumbsup: Try this ;-)

i'll try that, thank you

already doing :thumbsup:
    good post:)

I have a parrot and hes quite fussy with what he eats so usually 2/3 of his daily food is wasted so instead of binning it I throw it into my front garden, attracts quite alot of birds but at least the food isn't going to waste. There is a few crows around but they don't seem to bully the others.

Original Poster Banned

goonertillidie;7526771

HOT DEAL ! - bird food tuppence a bag !

Im feeding the small birds and then the local Gosshawk comes along and eats a small bird,even have red kites popping in now and again.I think its after me dog:shock:

I keep trying to but the only tits i seem to attract are those on here. :lol:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions