Groups

Good [U AND bad experiences are vital if this thread is going to work!! Please give an [U honest opinion!!

hotukdeals.com/go/…=10img98.imageshack.us/img…png

Please post your feedback based on previous transactions you have had with this company, hotukdeals.com/go/…=10 Phones4U .

In particular, you should refer to the following aspects of your experience with them:

1) Was it a Pay As You Go phone, accessory or a contract phone?
    2) Did you purchase online or in-store? If online, were you were happy with the delivery speed?
    3) Did you have any problems with the order itself?
    4) Did you receive cashback with little or no problems, or did you have to push them for cashback or even take legal action?
    5) Please comment on other aspects which you thought were good/bad.
    6) Is there anything the company needs to improve on?
    7) Would you recommend them or use them again personally?

It would also help if you could put your post in GREEN if you would recommend them or RED if you wouldn't use them again. If you do not have a strong opinion on this then you may wish to leave your post BLACK .

Who is Phones4U??

Phones 4u is the UK's fastest growing independent mobile phone retailer. Since opening our doors to customers in 1996 we've expanded across the UK and Northern Ireland resulting in a network of more than 380 stores.

In addition to the extensive store network, you can visit our website to buy online. Here you can view a large range of mobile phones, networks, tariffs, accessories and exclusive deals. There is all the information you need to choose the right deal for you and the process is simple and hassle-free.

What about QuidCo cashback?

Phones4U offers £10 cashback on a Pay As You Go purchase and £50 extra cashback on a contract transaction over at quidco.com/car…useQuidCo.com .

[u Contact Details

Email: web.orders@phones4u.co.uk
    Telephone (Customer Service): 0870 905 0416
    Telephone (Switchboard): 01782 677600 (ask for customer services)
    Find a store: hotukdeals.com/go/…=10&d=phones4u.co.uk/sto…asp Click here.

Cashback claims address (please verify this yourself on their website before sending any claims):
    See cashback claim forms.

hotukdeals.com/?me…est CLICK HERE to view current deals available online with this particular retailer.

Think something is missing from this post?? Send me a hotukdeals.com/for…280 private message to let me know!!

To leave or read feedback for another retailer, hotukdeals.com/for…930 CLICK HERE .

50 Comments

To start things off then...

I bought a contract phone from them, in-store. I had done a lot of research beforehand so I know what I wanted & how much I should have to pay, which was a good idea as the salesperson was concerned only in selling me a phone & contract, with little (if any!) regard for what I wanted. I had to keep reminding him that I didn't want a really good camera, I didn't want a phone that played all my MP3s etc etc. Eventually I got what I wanted, but like I said only because I knew beforehand what I wanted.

I have had no cashback problems at all (so far - touch wood:giggle: ) - the claims have gone in on time & the cheques have all appeared eventually, without the need for chasing.

I wouldn't say it was my worst shopping experience, but it certainly wasn't my best - the company really does need to concentrate on listening to its customers & giving them what they want, rather than concentrating on their commission! Don't go there to ask for advice on the best phone/contract for you!

Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback.

No problem:thumbsup: I could tell you about the 'fashion statement' in the shop if you want:giggle:

Anyone have anymore comments on Phones4u ??

With the number of offers they have available at the moment, I'm interested in any problems people have had claiming cashback (or those who haven't had any problems).

Thanks
    Daniel

Don't know about cashback yet as only just started the contract but they give you the date that you can claim from so on 17/09/07 I just fill in the form and send it with my latest bill so should be fairly straight forward. They've always paid quidco and once overpaid!

They made themselves look a little dodgy recently tho as when I took out my contract they didn't contact anybody to let us know that we'd all failed a credit check, which turned out to be a system error so we all had to phone to get a manual check done which means we lose out £60 quidco. They should have told us that it hadn't gone through! Also they kept trying to change people's t&c's, I was lucky and got the ones that I signed up to but many people got changed from claiming at month 3 to claiming at month 6 so having to wait alot longer to get your money back!

I ordered a contract phone on Voda recently (about a month ago) and after seeing their cashback T&Cs, I returned the phone. They took about a week (and a number of phone calls) to send me a pre-paid bag to return the phone.

Original Poster

lkl265

I ordered a contract phone on Voda recently (about a month ago) and after … I ordered a contract phone on Voda recently (about a month ago) and after seeing their cashback T&Cs, I returned the phone. They took about a week (and a number of phone calls) to send me a pre-paid bag to return the phone.

The cashback T&Cs are much less strict that all of the other operators with the exception of CPW in my opinion.

Benjimoron

They made themselves look a little dodgy recently tho as when I took out … They made themselves look a little dodgy recently tho as when I took out my contract they didn't contact anybody to let us know that we'd all failed a credit check, which turned out to be a system error so we all had to phone to get a manual check done which means we lose out £60 quidco. They should have told us that it hadn't gone through! Also they kept trying to change people's t&c's, I was lucky and got the ones that I signed up to but many people got changed from claiming at month 3 to claiming at month 6 so having to wait alot longer to get your money back!

Did you not get QuidCo on this then? Have you mentioned it to QuidCo? I believe that, whilst not a great deal to QuidCo, it's not looked upon very highly of them to push websales through the phone to avoid paying the online advertisers!!

Right here goes.....

1) It was PAYO

2) Bought on-line, phone was quicky delivered but, accessories slow

3) Only problem was in getting the free accessory from them (which was part of the deal)

4) Didn't claim cashback

5) Overall, not brilliant as ignored e-mails enquiring as to where missing accessory was. Then when it did arrive, no communication telling me it was on the way. It just turned up.

6) Communication

7) Apart from the above rest was ok.

duckmagicuk2

The cashback T&Cs are much less strict that all of the other operators … The cashback T&Cs are much less strict that all of the other operators with the exception of CPW in my opinion.Did you not get QuidCo on this then? Have you mentioned it to QuidCo? I believe that, whilst not a great deal to QuidCo, it's not looked upon very highly of them to push websales through the phone to avoid paying the online advertisers!!

Agreed on the first part.

I have mentioned it but I don't expect to get it. It says that if for any reason you had to do part of the transaction over the phone you lose the quidco. I think it was a sneaky tactic from phones4u to get out of paying quidco.

Original Poster

Benjimoron

I think it was a sneaky tactic from phones4u to get out of paying quidco.

Yes, I doubt you will get the QuidCo but it's these "sneaky tactics" that QuidCo hate.

Hi,

I am worried about few aspects of their new T&Cs like they say

Upon receipt of a claim form for a Cheque Back offer, Phones 4u will verify such application for eligibility [COLOR="Red"]and may at its sole discretion refuse an [/COLOR]application. When a customer's Cheque Back claim is processed, that customer will, [COLOR="red"]if the customer is entitled to further redemptions, be sent a new claim form to enable the customer to make the next redemption. Please not that where multiple redemptions are required, any failure to make one redemption invalidates all future redemptions. [/COLOR]Cheques will be made payable to the person who placed the original order and will be issued within 30 days of receipt of the redemption form and bill. If the handset is returned under the Phones 4u 7 day Peace of Mind Guarantee no cheque will be issued until 30 days after the provision of a replacement handset. No cheque will be dispatched if a refund is issued. Only handsets purchased in the promotion period will be eligible for the Cheque Back offer. [COLOR="red"]Instructions issued and notified to any customer by Phones 4u from time to time in relation to Cheque Back offers shall form part of these terms and conditions and any such customer who has been so instructed or notified shall be bound as if those instructions were included in these terms and conditions.[/COLOR] Phones 4u accepts no tax liability incurred by and individual or business relating to any Cheque Back offer.

Can somebody shed some light on these few red coloured points??

Thanks

I returned my phone as a result of these doggy T&Cs. I think they are saying they can refuse to pay you cash back if they feel like it.

Original Poster

Those red parts mean that if you don't send a claim to Phones4U then you'll miss out on future claims.

60 days, however, is the most ANY cashback company gives to send in a claim, and as you're aiming to claim all of the cashback anyway these terms shouldn't pose a problem at all.

duckmagicuk2

Those red parts mean that if you don't send a claim to Phones4U then … Those red parts mean that if you don't send a claim to Phones4U then you'll miss out on future claims.60 days, however, is the most ANY cashback company gives to send in a claim, and as you're aiming to claim all of the cashback anyway these terms shouldn't pose a problem at all.

Yeah, they make it sound quite dodgy by basically saying that they retain the right to refuse for any reason they like! I don't think they'd get away with it if they didn't have a good reason though, even if they managed to win a court case with that clause you can imagine that the press would have a field day with them!

yes these guys are the worst EVER to be seen in the country

they send out terms and conditions then change them
    the terms say 3 6 9 and 12 then they send you a claim form saying two months later claim within 60 days send the latest bill

but the bill is number two at the claim date?
    do they expect you to wait until you get month 3 bill which goes beyong claim date but withng claim period
    lol lol lol

thats Phones4u

mushyg99

yes these guys are the worst EVER to be seen in the countrythey send out … yes these guys are the worst EVER to be seen in the countrythey send out terms and conditions then change themthe terms say 3 6 9 and 12 then they send you a claim form saying two months later claim within 60 days send the latest billbut the bill is number two at the claim date?do they expect you to wait until you get month 3 bill which goes beyong claim date but withng claim periodlol lol lolthats Phones4u

I'm not sure I get that. Sounds worrying whatever it is. :oops:

[COLOR=green]1) Pay As You Go phone[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=green][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=green]2) Online (Ordered 2pm Friday, arrived 4pm Tuesday)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=green][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=green]3) No problems[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=green][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=green]4) £10 tracked on Quidco[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=green][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=green]5) Didn't like the way I HAD to purchase £10 airtime, which they put on a new sim card for me. I wanted to put it on my existing sim (although I was able to get it transferred but phoning VM).[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=green][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=green]6) [COLOR=red]Communication was poor - just 1 confirmation email.[/COLOR] Order tracking is essential.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=green][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=green]7) Had no problems so would recommend (for PAYG at least).[/COLOR]

cs95aam

I'm not sure I get that. Sounds worrying whatever it is. :oops:

Quite simply, at the time of taking the contract out the terms & conditions state that cashback is redeemed by sending in your 3rd, 6th , 9th & 12th monthly bills to them within 30 days of receiving them, to qualify for the cashback.

They then send you the first claim voucher, which has a valid claim date printed on it, however now they state that you have 60 days to claim from this valid claim date. But the valid claim date is as such that at the time it is reached, everyone will only have their 2nd bill in their possession.

So do you send in your 2nd bill with the cashback claim voucher, as soon as your valid claim date is reached?

Or

Do you wait a few weeks until after the valid claim date has been reached & your 3rd bill has arrived & send that in? (as you will still be within the 60 days they now allow you to claim).

In the first instance they could say that you have sent in the wrong bill & you had to send in your 3rd bill. Alternatively if you send in your 3rd bill, they could also say you sent in your wrong bill as the date on this bill is later than the valid claim date & you should have sent in your previous bill.

What’s more worrying is that they state that a failed claim invalidates all future claims.

I emailed them in regards to clarification on this matter & I got a reply asking me to ring in (quite possibly as they probably did not want me to have anything in writing which I could use if they failed to pay the cashback at a later date).

When I called and asked for clarification, I was firstly told to wait & send my 3rd bill in when it arrives. On further questioning from me, & subsequently being put on hold, the operator came back & then said to send in my 2nd bill???? I asked why was I being given conflicting advise, as only a few minutes earlier they had told me to send in my 3rd bill. To which I got a response saying that either bill would be fine????? And that all phones4u had to see was the person was still on the original contract to qualify for the cashback!!!!!

To cover my own back I am going to ring them a few times from now until my first claim date & ask for clarification as to which bill they require & I will record each phone call. I will also send them a letter via registered delivery asking for clarification in writing. I don’t see why anyone should have to lose out on £480 due to the sneaky wording on their terms & conditions.

Vinny

...I don’t see why anyone should have to lose out on £480 due to the sn … ...I don’t see why anyone should have to lose out on £480 due to the sneaky wording on their terms & conditions.

I think P4U are counting on most of us to do just that. That's the only way they are going to make a profit.

Anyone had any trouble getting in contact with Phones4u via e-mail? I sent an e-mail 3 weeks ago and haven't got a response so I chased it up. I got an automated response saying " this system has been configured to reject your mail "

Sounds like they don't want me to contact them anymore???

Whenever I sent an e-mail, I got a response fairly quickly (within a couple of hours). May be they have flagged your e-mail address/domain as spam.

lkl265

Whenever I sent an e-mail, I got a response fairly quickly (within a … Whenever I sent an e-mail, I got a response fairly quickly (within a couple of hours). May be they have flagged your e-mail address/domain as spam.

Maybe they have! I'm about to phone them in a minute so I'll let you know how I get on.

p.s. I've only e-mailed them twice, not thousands of times!

p.p.s. still waiting in a queue!

RESULT!

The guy had my query answered within less than 5 minutes and agreed to send the details out in writing so that I have something to fall back on should they not pay my cashback.

Wow Vinny that all sounds very worrying and whats worse I've just gone and taken up the Motorola Orange 12 month free line rental deal. I think I might just return it when I get it.

Benjimoron

Agreed on the first part.I have mentioned it but I don't expect to get … Agreed on the first part.I have mentioned it but I don't expect to get it. It says that if for any reason you had to do part of the transaction over the phone you lose the quidco. I think it was a sneaky tactic from phones4u to get out of paying quidco.

i am a nit concerned about this as well.
    i had to call up twice because the sim card had not been activitaed.
    my immediate thought was that this was tactic to avoid paying through quidco.

this is very fustrating because £60 is a lot to miss out on

yaacov81

i am a nit concerned about this as well.i had to call up twice because … i am a nit concerned about this as well.i had to call up twice because the sim card had not been activitaed.my immediate thought was that this was tactic to avoid paying through quidco.this is very fustrating because £60 is a lot to miss out on

Don't think calling them to activate the sim is going to make you miss out on quidco. They basically forced everyone to phone for a credit check because the automatic one had "apparently" failed. Make of that what you will but basically due to their "system error" no-one was informed that they failed the credit check that they had "apparently" done and everyone had to phone to ask where the hell their phone was. Obviously failing this "apparent" credit check means that the transaction didn't go through and therefore quidco shouldn't be paid. Just phoneing to activate a sim isn't the same as the transaction failing to go through so it should be ok.

On a side note I still haven't received anything in writing from phones4u as promised a week ago, I phoned them up again and they said they don't know anything about it and won't send anything out to me! Looks like I've got to keep a copy of the redemtion form to prove I sent in the right bill. Let's just hope they pay up!!!

i have been declined by quidco for the £60 - which is why i think this is the reason

yaacov81

i have been declined by quidco for the £60 - which is why i think this is … i have been declined by quidco for the £60 - which is why i think this is the reason

Did you get through without needing to call them, ie did you get turned down by a credit check and need to call them to get a manual one. Maybe they have declined the quidco because you rang to activate the sim? Something very fishy going on at phones4u at the moment and I don't like it!!!

Banned

Phones4U have absolutely [email protected] customer service. Worst mobile retailer out there and lots of the phones in their clearance section are in really bad condition.

Last phone I got from these guys was really bad, I spent hours trying to get through to them as there's no way I am accepting a phone that is advertised as new but is in fact only fit for a dustbin. :x

Phones4U are a shockingly terrible company.

They have no idea what 'as new' means and continue to sell their rejected manky returns as re-conditioned and re-packaged as new.

They also have a habit of missing items out of the packages and it's like getting blood from a stone trying to retrieve them, I am still a charger short and they told me it will be sent out in 5 days, Bunch of Liars!

Banned

Whatever U Do- Do Not Get Their Clearance Phones- Had To Send It Back 3 Times As Eaach One Was Battered.

On Other Hand Clearance Phones From Cpw Are Like New!

ROKO

Whatever U Do- Do Not Get Their Clearance Phones- Had To Send It Back 3 … Whatever U Do- Do Not Get Their Clearance Phones- Had To Send It Back 3 Times As Eaach One Was Battered.On Other Hand Clearance Phones From Cpw Are Like New!

PAYG phones I've received from Phones4U were nearly brand new + unlocked

edi

PAYG phones I've received from Phones4U were nearly brand new + unlocked … PAYG phones I've received from Phones4U were nearly brand new + unlocked

Agreed here, I've got loads of clearance phones from Phones4u and all have been immaculate! Couldn't tell them apart from new.

Their communication stinks though as they don't tell you whether an order has gone through or has been cancelled or delayed etc. I've phoned them today and asked where my phone is, we're out of stock at the moment, didn't care to let me know that, I had to chase them on 0870 number to find that out!

I took out a 12 month contract (with twelve months free line rental) with Phones 4 U on vodafone via quidco.

I was looking at my earnings on quidco and see that it has been declined.

i have tried to find an e-mail address to query this with quidco to see if the decision can be appeaked.

i followed all instructed so i should have got the 50 pound.

can anyone give me an e-mail address for quidco customer service?

Gary

Same thing happened to me (except mine was for 2x£60). I phoned up P4U ... they told me that the orders had been cancelled - would have been nice if they'd bothered to let me know I thougth. Anyway they said it was Vodafone who restricted the number of deals per property. (I had ordered 2 phones, 1 for me & wife, plus we already have 2 contracts with them).

Have you received your phones from P4U yet? If not, it might be worth contacting them to see if the same thing has happened. Suspect it is more likely to be them than Quidco.

Benjimoron

Did you get through without needing to call them, ie did you get turned … Did you get through without needing to call them, ie did you get turned down by a credit check and need to call them to get a manual one. Maybe they have declined the quidco because you rang to activate the sim? Something very fishy going on at phones4u at the moment and I don't like it!!!

everything was fine and the phone arrived but almost a week later stil no connection.

i actually had to call them twice!!

my instinct tells me that with such a good deal they dont want to have to pay quidco as well, so they ensure that the transaction is not completed online which invalidates the quidco cashback

got my phone from phones 4 u and was connected a few days later.

this is the only contract phone with vodafone that i have bought through quidco.

if i phone they will they know about quidco?

has anyone had this problem and then had it sorted out?

Thanks

Gary

gary67242

got my phone from phones 4 u and was connected a few days later.this is … got my phone from phones 4 u and was connected a few days later.this is the only contract phone with vodafone that i have bought through quidco.if i phone they will they know about quidco?has anyone had this problem and then had it sorted out?ThanksGary

Phones4u won't know anything about quidco, it's all set up for them by an advertising company. You can submit an earnings enquiry but I don't think it'll get anywhere to be honest.

has anyone got any e-mail address i can use to contact quidco or should i contact vodafone.

gary67242

has anyone got any e-mail address i can use to contact quidco or should i … has anyone got any e-mail address i can use to contact quidco or should i contact vodafone.

Contact quidco, don't know the address I'm afraid. It's probably in the quidco thread. Don't contact Vodafone, they won't have a clue about Quidco either!

Banned

Phones4U stiffed me out of my £10.00 quidco but rather than chase it up I'd rather get a refund as the item was in a very bad condition.

Still awaiting their return envelope but I won't hold my breath. I emailed them and told the if I do not receive me my return envelope within this week I will be carrying out a chargeback and it will be down to them to collect it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846221
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416144
      3. I've got 2 for 1 codes to use at Thorpe Park/Sea Life, Yeoken vouchers, The…34
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831227

See more discussions