Groups
    EXPIRED

feel sad about 'racist' remarks......

my bf brother always making jokes about where i come from, about immigrants are all desperately looking for money in uk, and how they squandered the resources, being a slave and stuff like that.

just yesterday he make a comment about his garden is a bit messy and he should call in a few immigrants to clear them up. am i too sensitive or he was just joking? he knew that i am a immigrants as well but whenever i complain to my bf, he will just say his brotehr was just joking and did not mean anything. but it does makes me feel uncomfortable. what should i do? anybody

30 Comments

Banned

ignore him...simple...freedom of speach, unless he's being racist to others then it's annoyance and nothing more...IMO

tell him how you feel

welcome to the uk :thumbsup:

Banned

:xi agree with him, they should all be sent back, they have taken all the jobs and my dad and brother cant get a job now, it is unreal, i dont care if it upsets anyone, but thats the way i feel. i was on holiday in wales last week and i couldnt belive the amount of polish workers and others. i say he is right.:x

First and foremost he should not do it in front of you..

Fortunately or unfortunately I find humour in a lot of things.... including myself.... so whilst I may laugh at unPC things... it does not reflect on my serious feelings towards racism... etc..

I think your BF should know this... and should say something to his brother... or you need to cause a scene.... one time only gamble... then he may apologise and not do it again..

its a difficult one

Banned

black gerbil1;5985354

tell him how you feel

that's bad advice, if he's anything like me (a little childish, but NOT racist' then he's probably playing on it to wind you up..if you tell you don't like it he'll do it more, so just ignore him

Banned

roselee;5985386

:xi agree with him, they should all be sent back, they have taken all the … :xi agree with him, they should all be sent back, they have taken all the jobs and my dad and brother cant get a job now, it is unreal, i dont care if it upsets anyone, but thats the way i feel. i was on holiday in wales last week and i couldnt belive the amount of polish workers and others. i say he is right.:x

Fair one.

Banned

roselee;5985386

:xi agree with him, they should all be sent back, they have taken all the … :xi agree with him, they should all be sent back, they have taken all the jobs and my dad and brother cant get a job now, it is unreal, i dont care if it upsets anyone, but thats the way i feel. i was on holiday in wales last week and i couldnt belive the amount of polish workers and others. i say he is right.:x

Are your dad and brother professional footballers?

roselee;5985386

Not right.. not the individuals fault... the governments fault. Wonder what you would do given the choice and having been born in another country?

roselee;5985386

i agree.

Banned

roselee;5985386

:thumbsup:

Banned

jonb2412;5985419

Not right.. not the individuals fault... the governments fault. Wonder … Not right.. not the individuals fault... the governments fault. Wonder what you would do given the choice and having been born in another country?

Exactly. I've moved between countries for work - I don't see why I should want to stop other people doing the same.:?

Banned

tommytippe;5985449

They could atleast learn to speak our language and respect our way of … They could atleast learn to speak our language and respect our way of living.... Our local church had to remove any posters from outside that encouraged christianity because it offended local Hindu's... pathetic

So they complained about being offended....what could be more British than that?

Banned

DangerGod;5985468

i dont mind polish girls... Sweet,Sexy,young,kindits the ignorant men … i dont mind polish girls... Sweet,Sexy,young,kindits the ignorant men that Grind my gears

:whistling:

Banned

tommytippe;5985493

What I am trying to say is if you are in India is feels like India, if … What I am trying to say is if you are in India is feels like India, if your in Poland it feels like Poland, if your in Bradford it feels like...well you tell me...Not britain that's for sure

Have you ever been to India or Poland?

I think the Britain you're looking existed in some Enid Blyton books.:thumbsup:

Banned

roselee;5985500

I think your right aswell it is the goverments fault, but if it was the … I think your right aswell it is the goverments fault, but if it was the other way around and us british people had to go over there for jobs there is no way they would give them to us.alot of people are out of work due to jobs being given to the polish and other ones and i dont think it is right at all. if people in your family had lost there jobs and couldnt get another one you would feel different. it realy gets to me.

So nothing to do with the worldwide recession?:roll:

Banned

borolad94;5985567

it's not really spelling mistake is it? i obviously just accidentally … it's not really spelling mistake is it? i obviously just accidentally missed the E off the end :thumbsup:

Can we forgo the pedantry please?

Banned

roselee;5985577

they go to the job centre every week and look online aswell, and when … they go to the job centre every week and look online aswell, and when they go to sign on they are in and out now, as there are no jobs for them. they have worked from leaving school and now all the jobs are being given to all the imigrants, its just not right at all and i know alot of people agree with me.

My job wasn't given to an immigrant - except when I went to another country and I was the immigrant.

Weird how that whole worldwide economy works.

OP I think you should make sure your bf is aware of how his brother's comments make you feel, if possible avoid the brother's company until he works out that it's not really that funny to offend people x

out of 42 posts only 5 posts actually answer the OP's question.

Banned

treble99;5985588

+1 Have a look in the middle east, especially Saudi and the UAE, they are … +1 Have a look in the middle east, especially Saudi and the UAE, they are making loads and pay no or little tax

Immigrants seem to get the blame for a lot of people in this country not being able to get a job.

Maybe they should have paid attention at school a little bit more and offered employers a greater range of skills and attributes.:whistling:

Tintern1981;5985610

OP I think you should make sure your bf is aware of how his brother's … OP I think you should make sure your bf is aware of how his brother's comments make you feel, if possible avoid the brother's company until he works out that it's not really that funny to offend people x

+1... back on track... how are you op?

Banned

bitseylango;5985628

out of 42 posts only 5 posts actually answer the OP's question.

Funny the way discussions veer and take on a little life of their own. :thumbsup:

I don't blame immigrants but they are having an effect on jobs & housing no matter what the government says, so many mp's out of touch with reality as they don't live the lives we do. You just have to look at the expenses scandal to see how ridiculous things have got.
    I think the Tories will get in next election & I just hope they sort things out.
    By the way your boyfriends brother is out of order & you should let him know it

Banned

roselee;5985665

[QUOTE=rugger-tyke;5985640]not just in wigan , all over.:)

Isn't that great though - meeting people who grew up in different places and have interesting chats with a whole range of people.

Banned

GMN360;5985730

out of interest what type of work are your family in?

The irony is they're travel agents.

Banned

Sorry about this thread op, you should say if your unhappy :-(

As for the out and out racists on this thread, you should be ashamed of yourselves, absolutely disgusted, fall on hard times, blame others.

Banned

roselee;5985826

its been like this for months now and it only gets slow around winter not … its been like this for months now and it only gets slow around winter not summer.

So it started around the time the financial system began melting down??? Weird.

Banned

magicbeans;5985859

seriously i do....well did...when i had a cleaner i always requested a … seriously i do....well did...when i had a cleaner i always requested a pole as the british ones didnt work as hard and complained and chatted more.

My neighbour's a Lithuanian builder and I found he was a much harder worker than some of the Brits I've had work on my place - not all, but most.

mod

Thread locked

I have removed approx 4 pages of off topic / thread spoling posts

Thanks guys on showing such respect to the OP's request for advice

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876389

See more discussions