Groups

feels sorry for the builders here at the moment... (little vent)

We're having double glazing installed in the whole house and the builders arrived at 8am to start work. I made them a drink each and told them i was going to uni but im sure somebody else will make you a drink...

Well I get back at 4 today and offered them another drink, to which they seemed eager (also gave a box of chocolate fingers)

I asked the other 3 people in the house, that have been in all day, whether they made them a drink and they hadn't. They're excuse... I dont know how to make coffee. So didnt offer them anything at all!

This year has been well outstanding...

37 Comments

You don't know how to make Coffee?
    Not being mean,(Ok I am) But WOW.....

Original Poster

rihanna08

You don't know how to make Coffee?Not being mean,(Ok I am) But WOW.....

I do lol i drink it all the time. Thats the drink I made them, the other 3 didnt. I even text them with instructions (yes...) but still didnt

rihanna08

You don't know how to make Coffee?Not being mean,(Ok I am) But WOW.....

Did you read the op?

sancho1983

Did you read the op?

Obviously not.. hence the reply (_;)

OOoops Sorry, A little tired........ No excuses though.. x

Why can't they make their own fricking drinks? or failing that, buy them like most normal people at work! oO

Are there no shops nearby?
    I'm sure on one of their many breaks they could have gone and bought a drink.

Banned

Some people are just pig ignorant. OP how did you manage to hook up with 3 of them?

Original Poster

Babbabooey

Are there no shops nearby?I'm sure on one of their many breaks they could … Are there no shops nearby?I'm sure on one of their many breaks they could have gone and bought a drink.

not really, a small store that sells coffee beans lol

Maybe i was brought up wrong, I just think its common curtsey. also seen on facebook that one of them wouldnt go downstairs for food because she was scared of them lol at 19?

@Guv: year 1 block friends, seemed fine when we didnt have any responsibilities but with a private house its different i guess

Edited by: "golemsmate" 15th Dec 2010

Not a surprise to me l-o-l
    Sounds just like something that would happen here
    (except that everyone does no how to make coffee!)
    Altho.....
    you should hear some of the stories my son told me about new army recruits he was training!!!!!
    Didn't know how to make a cup of tea ... even using tea bags!
    How to tie shoe laces ...
    How to use an iron ... one of them was in tears cos he couldn't get the creases out ...
    my son had to inform him that he hadn't switched it on!
    What?! .....
    These are honestly all true
    Well done on keeping your rant so short
    as I would have surely been carried away by more tales of people not doing things
    cleaning up after themselves etc
    and don't even get me started on bathrooms and toilets .... GRRRRRR

i bet they had a flask in the van

Original Poster

lol some of that is surprising! you should see all my other threads, I might rant quite a bit. Didnt mention him coming in my room and throwing 2 movies on the floor. The reason, im not quite sure.

taurus08

Not a surprise to me l-o-lSounds just like something that would happen … Not a surprise to me l-o-lSounds just like something that would happen here(except that everyone does no how to make coffee!)Altho..... you should hear some of the stories my son told me about new army recruits he was training!!!!!Didn't know how to make a cup of tea ... even using tea bags!How to tie shoe laces ...How to use an iron ... one of them was in tears cos he couldn't get the creases out ...my son had to inform him that he hadn't switched it on!What?! .....These are honestly all trueWell done on keeping your rant so shortas I would have surely been carried away by more tales of people not doing thingscleaning up after themselves etcand don't even get me started on bathrooms and toilets .... GRRRRRR

Banned

please tell me these other 3 people arent in higher education!

Original Poster

csiman

I'd better not say anything then. lol

csiman

What, unlike the builders who can't seem to make their own drinks either?

Banned

cdm22

What, unlike the builders who can't seem to make their own drinks either? … What, unlike the builders who can't seem to make their own drinks either?

I expect you'd be really impressed if they kept wanting to come into your kitchen to boil water and take their milk out of the fridge........ Or should their van come with that?

They could always bring their own and then ask if ok to use the kettle! Why expect to have it made for them? I don't expect getting drinks made for me all day at work!

To go to the extreme they could even bring their own kettle as probably not as if they won't be using other devices that plug in whilst fitting windows!
    Edited by: "cdm22" 15th Dec 2010

Banned

golemsmate

I'd better not say anything then. lol

I really despair at the lack of common sense some people at university seem to show but not knowing how to make coffee is surreal.

Banned

cdm22

quote=cdm22]What, unlike the builders who can't seem to make their own … quote=cdm22]What, unlike the builders who can't seem to make their own drinks either? expect to have it made for them?

who said they can't make their own or that they expected drinks made for them? You seem a bit dense if you haven't been able to work out that OP is talking about being courteous

Banned

Lol these the type of people rioting..

Original Poster

csiman

I really despair at the lack of common sense some people at university … I really despair at the lack of common sense some people at university seem to show but not knowing how to make coffee is surreal.

Unfortunately I was taught how to make it before i even drank coffee. Made it for my parents when i was younger, rarely i will admit. lol

When the builders left people ran down stairs, they avoided it the whole day.

Coming tomorrow as well... should be fun lol.

Banned

To be fair, it shouldn't be that hard to put a little vent into a building - shouldn't take longer than an hour or so.

Hold on, let me reread the OP.

Banned

cdm22

They could always bring their own and then ask if ok to use the kettle! … They could always bring their own and then ask if ok to use the kettle! Why expect to have it made for them? I don't expect getting drinks made for me all day at work!To go to the extreme they could even bring their own kettle as probably not as if they won't be using other devices that plug in whilst fitting windows.

Oh dear!

They haven't complained about not being made any drinks. The OP was expressed embarrassment that his/her flatmates hadn't. I sympathise with this as I hate bad manners and ignorance, though I except its probably just a reflection on how someone is brought up.

slamdunkin

who said they can't make their own or that they expected drinks made for … who said they can't make their own or that they expected drinks made for them? You seem a bit dense if you haven't been able to work out that OP is talking about being courteous

My point is the OP was courteus and made them coffee, fair play to him, but why should the others be forced into doing the same when the builders can quite easily make their own?

Banned

guv

Oh dear!They haven't complained about not being made any drinks. The OP … Oh dear!They haven't complained about not being made any drinks. The OP was expressed embarrassment that his/her flatmates hadn't. I sympathise with this as I hate bad manners and ignorance, though I except its probably just a reflection on how someone is brought up.

I literally just choked on a Waitrose Cheese and Jalapeno Twist Crisp.

Banned

cdm22

My point is the OP was courteus and made them coffee, fair play to him, … My point is the OP was courteus and made them coffee, fair play to him, but why should the others be forced into doing the same when the builders can quite easily make their own?

That didn't sound like the point your were making at all tbh and its pretty obvious anyway, it would be far from easier for the builders to make their own.

JonnyTwoToes

At least something good has come of this thread!X)

Banned

guv

At least something good has come of this thread!X)

I actually have nothing to counter that. I have thrown a Waitrose Cheese and Jalapeno Twist Crisp at your post though. So I win.

Original Poster

cdm22

My point is the OP was courteus and made them coffee, fair play to him, … My point is the OP was courteus and made them coffee, fair play to him, but why should the others be forced into doing the same when the builders can quite easily make their own?

JonnyTwoToes

hey there dont be so hasty! i got to vent too!

ah you really need to move or get new mates, they sound like right ****

That's tight, I always make sure my workies are well fed and watered. Bacon butties in the morning, plenty of hot drinks and biscuits. If you are nice to them, they go the extra mile for you.

Banned

nikkib123

If you are nice to them, they go the extra mile for you.

That's just far too much info!

nikkib123

That's tight, I always make sure my workies are well fed and watered. … That's tight, I always make sure my workies are well fed and watered. Bacon butties in the morning, plenty of hot drinks and biscuits. If you are nice to them, they go the extra mile for you.

exactly, when the guys from the council fitted our kitchen we fed them got them tea and coffees etc and they gave us some extra worktop and a leftover cupboard so we got an extra workspace and storage

Agree, just good manners. I have 2 teens at home and I would be livid if they behaved like that.

I don't think the builders went all day though with nothing, must have hoofed off in the van for stuff at lunchtime

Wish I had you in work today..........started 8.30am, just got home, one cup of tea all day and no lunch. Feel utterly knackered, even past hunger. My employer....the NHS. (_;)

Agree, just good manners. I have 2 teens at home and I would be livid if they behaved like that.

I don't think the builders went all day though with nothing, must have hoofed off in the van for stuff at lunchtime

Wish I had you in work today..........started 8.30am, just got home, one cup of tea all day and no lunch. Feel utterly knackered, even past hunger. My employer....the NHS. (_;)

Original Poster

iglimpse

Agree, just good manners. I have 2 teens at home and I would be livid if … Agree, just good manners. I have 2 teens at home and I would be livid if they behaved like that. I don't think the builders went all day though with nothing, must have hoofed off in the van for stuff at lunchtime 8)Wish I had you in work today..........started 8.30am, just got home, one cup of tea all day and no lunch. Feel utterly knackered, even past hunger. My employer....the NHS. (_;)

no lunch :O thats terrible you should of left for 30 minutes to grab something to eat! I love co-op lunches when im at work

iglimpse

Agree, just good manners. I have 2 teens at home and I would be livid if … Agree, just good manners. I have 2 teens at home and I would be livid if they behaved like that. I don't think the builders went all day though with nothing, must have hoofed off in the van for stuff at lunchtime 8)Wish I had you in work today..........started 8.30am, just got home, one cup of tea all day and no lunch. Feel utterly knackered, even past hunger. My employer....the NHS. (_;)

Sounds just like my day although did get 2 drinks and 1 slurp of soup... also the NHS!

golemsmate

no lunch :O thats terrible you should of left for 30 minutes to grab … no lunch :O thats terrible you should of left for 30 minutes to grab something to eat! I love co-op lunches when im at work

i would have, if I could have. I did not choose to miss out on lunch. One event after another that just could not wait. Whole point is, just not possible.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      3. love affairs912
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions