Groups

Felipe Massa will not race tomorrow!!

From Formula1.com

"Felipe was conscious at the arrival at the hospital, said a Ferrari statement, adding that Massa had suffered a cut on his forehead, concussion and a bone lesion of the skull. These conditions need to be operated on, after which he will remain under observation in intensive care.

The Brazilian speared off the track and into the tyre wall at Turn 4 late in the Q2 session after debris, thought to be a suspension spring from the Brawn car of Rubens Barrichello, struck his helmet."

5 Comments

Really lucky to be alive,I once got hit on the helmet by a bird at 150mph and that felt like a brick so couldnt imagine what how that didnt knock him unconscious,

Banned

tonyg1962;5847821

Really lucky to be alive,I once got hit on the helmet by a bird at 150mph … Really lucky to be alive,I once got hit on the helmet by a bird at 150mph and that felt like a brick so couldnt imagine what how that didnt knock him unconscious,

I think it did, but he regained it over the bumps - you see him slam on the anchors just before he hits the wall.

Sky are reporting he's had his operation and is in a critical condition (which I think is expected).

Anyone know how John Hartson is doing BTW?

Posted this in another thread....although its relevant here now:
    AutoSports has updated with ]this:

Felipe Massa has successfully undergone surgery for the injuries he suffered in his accident in qualifying in Hungary.

Massa had suffered a damaged skull and brain concussion, as well as a cut on his forehead.

Brawn confirmed the spring belonged to a damper from Rubens Barrichello's Brawn car, weighing around 800 grams.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4041741
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp912
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764622
      4. What is there free to do in your town?2138

See more discussions