Found 21st May 2010
No, not THAT kind.

The thread about eyebrow threading made me think about all the different beauty treatments and stuff that women seem to get, and how much money they spend on different lotions and creams and make-up.

I was trying to work out how much I spend but I think it will take a bit more calculation because I can't do it in my brain...yes I need it all because I'm hideous, well done.

This leads me to the question (for the girls)...how much do you spend on grooming? Which treatments do you get done regularly without fail and how much does it cost you a month? What about make-up and lotions and potions? How much do you spend on it all?!

42 Comments

Too much!!

Original Poster

sickly sweet;8663939

Too much!!

On what though?! And HOW much?

Are you too scared to add up the actual total because it might equate to the cost of a holiday?!

The older I get the more expensive products I buy........I know it's shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted but you gotta make an effort!!:oops:

I am at the stage where if hubby asks.....well he doesn't ask anymore as he realises it's best not to know!

The only professional I see is the hairdresser,everything else I do meself

angelfairee;8663956
....made me think about all the different beauty treatments and stuff ...

angelfairee;8663956
....trying to work out how much I spend ...

Lets just be mindful here that they are beauty treatments ...not miracle cures :whistling:

OMG here goes.....................

I buy all Clarins stuff inc cosmetics.

Clarins Younger Longer Balm.100mls.........£100 and use that every second night

In fact too many to list here but couple of weeks ago was in Boots bought my Clarins night and day cream......£72 for they two plus another £60 for the two eye creams (day and night)

I also get my teeth done too (£250) but thats only once every year or two!!! I just couldnt possibly add up what I spend on lotions n potions AV GOT TONS of the stuff.

Hairdressers every 6 weeks (thats normal though I think) Manicure/pedicure every month and all of that is about £140

I am only online just now as my friend here looking to buy a laptop and on here checking prices but I will end up going onto the Clarins website now and buying more of it!

edit - no sarcy comments please Steven hahaha!!!

angelfairee;8663956

On what though?! And HOW much?Are you too scared to add up the actual … On what though?! And HOW much?Are you too scared to add up the actual total because it might equate to the cost of a holiday?!

Actually I have scaled down recently, all my make up and face products used to be Lancome but I'm trying some serious economising so now using boots face wash and toner, Body Shop moisturiser and Rimmell/L'oreal/No7 makeup. But I love my Molton Brown shower gel and Bio oil as moisturiser.
I tend to go through more in summer as I put on more products.
Face wash, toner and blemish wand: £15 - lasts about a month
Moisturiser: £10 - lasts about 2 months
Shower gel: £15 - lasts about 3 months
Moisturiser: £15 - lasts about 4 months
Foundation: £10 - lasts a good few months
Mascara: £3 - lasts a good few months
Perfume: £45 - lasts 6 months
Shaving gel: £3 - lasts 3 months
Razor: New blades every month so about a £1 a month
Hand cream: £15 - lasts 3 months
Lip creams, lotions and potions - varies

StevenA2000_uk;8664010

Lets just be mindful here that they are beauty treatments ...not miracle … Lets just be mindful here that they are beauty treatments ...not miracle cures :whistling::p

bossyboots;8664012

OMG here goes.....................I buy all Clarins stuff inc … OMG here goes.....................I buy all Clarins stuff inc cosmetics.Clarins Younger Longer Balm.100mls.........£100 and use that every second nightIn fact too many to list here but couple of weeks ago was in Boots bought my Clarins night and day cream......£72 for they two plus another £60 for the two eye creams (day and night)I also get my teeth done too (£250) but thats only once every year or two!!! I just couldnt possibly add up what I spend on lotions n potions AV GOT TONS of the stuff. Hairdressers every 6 weeks (thats normal though I think) Manicure/pedicure every month and all of that is about £140 I am only online just now as my friend here looking to buy a laptop and on here checking prices but I will end up going onto the Clarins website now and buying more of it!edit - no sarcy comments please Steven hahaha!!!

I rest my case......:-D

Also spend a fortune on all the nice shower gels, face masks, body creams ....MILLIONS OF THINGS! Love the Champneys body creams and have about 20 jars of that stuff - smells amazing as does their bath foam. They are all probably about £10 each - worth every single penny

edit - waxing done every month also (ouch) and that costs about £45

edit - nails every month £30

I go to the hairdresser every 3/4 months - used to do Toni and Guy at £120, now lovely girl does it for £40, don't get it highlighted any more though
Facials and eyebrow waxing every couple of months (pluck eyebrows myself in between!)
Lady grooming done by beautician before any holidays, DIY otherwise.

should probs change the title to dog grooming.......ooooooooooh.....:p

not h4te wimmins of hukd

much love

xx

Banned

Hair/nails/waxing about £150 per month.

Makeup/lotions/perfume/oils about £150 pound a month, just been adding it all up I don't need it all really.

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;8664010

Lets just be mindful here that they are beauty treatments ...not miracle … Lets just be mindful here that they are beauty treatments ...not miracle cures :whistling::p

Shut it you cheeky little shhhhh.....eep.

Go and rub some wrinkle cream on your...nevermind.

I'm a bit of a mess really. Dye my own hair, do my own nails (falsies if needed), shave legs about once in Winter or when my daughter says ''Mum...state of your legs!'' and weekly in Summer. Have haircut when it gets too bad...maybe once/twice a year. I DO like my lippy and eye make up though. Just had eyebrows threaded for first time as my mate has done a course..cost me a tenner for eyes and 'tash (what 'tash!?) My fave shop is LUSH for bathroom products.

Wow some ladies here are high maintemance!! lol I feel silly now :oops:

I get my hair cut,styled,dried every 6 weeks £25, die my own, do my own nails, I dont wear any fake tan. I do love make up however only wear mascara daily and a bit of blush which are both No7 and I put a face on going out, but it doesnt cost much really, as make up lasts me ages.

I am a girly girl, but I do have to budget with the 2 kids now, and I can't justify spending loads on things. I love my clothes too, but once again never go mad.

Feel all tight now! :oops:

Banned

pretty much naff all, hence why i am single probably

4lyons09;8664077

Wow some ladies here are high maintemance!! lol I feel silly now :oops:I … Wow some ladies here are high maintemance!! lol I feel silly now :oops:I get my hair cut,styled,dried every 6 weeks £25, die my own, do my own nails, I dont wear any fake tan. I do love make up however only wear mascara daily and a bit of blush which are both No7 and I put a face on going out, but it doesnt cost much really, as make up lasts me ages.I am a girly girl, but I do have to budget with the 2 kids now, and I can't justify spending loads on things. I love my clothes too, but once again never go mad.Feel all tight now! :oops:

Your not being tight at all. I am 40 now and for past ten years been really looking after my skin and so far no wrinkles ......which I am dreading. Funny enough - I dont spend a lot on clothes! In fact I hate clothes shopping sooooooooooooooo much!!!

Original Poster

I've just added all my stuff up to try and shock me into spending less money so I can actually start saving for my month in America in August.

My makeup bag amounts to £125 and that's just the stuff I put on most days (mascara, tinted moisturiser, primer, powder, bluser, highlighter) I've got another one full of eyeshadows, eyeliners, etc in all different colours which probably amounts to another £200.

My daily routine with moisturiser, cleanser etc and hair products and stuff is probably another £80, plus shampoo and conditioner at about £10 each every couple of weeks.

I get my hair done every 6-8 weeks which is a cut, colour and blow dry and costs me £70. I'm also getting a set of acrylics tomorrow which will be about £40.

Someone add that up. I'm ridiculous.

Original Poster

numptyj;8664057

should probs change the title to dog grooming.......ooooooooooh.....:pnot … should probs change the title to dog grooming.......ooooooooooh.....:pnot h4te wimmins of hukdmuch love xx

I'm going to pretend you don't exist.

xxx

If you can afford it why not, its nice to look after yourself

Original Poster

4lyons09;8664160

If you can afford it why not, its nice to look after yourself

I can't, that's the point. I'm spending a month in America in just over 2 months time and I have saved a pathetic amount!

I'm going to start selling my worn socks on eBay to perverts.

Original Poster

bossyboots;8664012

OMG here goes.....................I buy all Clarins stuff inc … OMG here goes.....................I buy all Clarins stuff inc cosmetics.Clarins Younger Longer Balm.100mls.........£100 and use that every second nightIn fact too many to list here but couple of weeks ago was in Boots bought my Clarins night and day cream......£72 for they two plus another £60 for the two eye creams (day and night)I also get my teeth done too (£250) but thats only once every year or two!!! I just couldnt possibly add up what I spend on lotions n potions AV GOT TONS of the stuff. Hairdressers every 6 weeks (thats normal though I think) Manicure/pedicure every month and all of that is about £140 I am only online just now as my friend here looking to buy a laptop and on here checking prices but I will end up going onto the Clarins website now and buying more of it!edit - no sarcy comments please Steven hahaha!!!

BB you make me feel better...

angelfairee;8664180

BB you make me feel better...

:lol: and your post listing your stuff made me feel better :lol:

I work hard and dont feel bad at all spending that money on myself !!

Good thread AF - but I reckon whatever we think we spend, we should add another 25% onto it to get to the true figure :oops: as loads we will have forgotten about!! Right am offsky again - have fun!!

Banned

starsparkle2311;8664205

Single mother, 2 daughters, lucky if I get 5 minutes peace whilst in the … Single mother, 2 daughters, lucky if I get 5 minutes peace whilst in the bathroom:p Don't spend much if anything on 'grooming' myself.Any money I have tends to get spent on their 'grooming'. It's a pleasure to see them look even more beautiful than they do already,lol.Bought a pair of hair clippers for myself, cut my own hair, dye it myself too - pretty expensive 'cos now it's short those damn greys grow in force,lol.One luxury I do afford myself is moisturiser, no posh stuff stuff either, whatever's on special:pIf I did have the money, I'd be botoxed up to the eyeballs, literally:p

I feel so much better now, was beginning to think i was the only one :oops:

Banned

starsparkle2311;8664237

LOL, when I win the lottery I'll treat you, as well as myself to an all … LOL, when I win the lottery I'll treat you, as well as myself to an all out make-over:-D:thumbsup:

oh wouldnt it be heaven:thumbsup:

ohhh too much ! LOL

Loreal contour lip filler and lip plumping stuff - about 20quidish ( not sure )
Olay 7 effects night cream ( not sure how much lol)
Clear deep pore face scrub
Eyelash extensions £65 quid lasts 2 months
Celebrity Secrets tan spray £10 quid every 2 weeks
Hair cut & coloured every month ( price varies )
Hair wax removal - £5 every fortnight
Eyebrow threading - £4.50 every month
Nails ( i have my own long nice nails )

I replace my make up every 6 months. Fully... I use Clinique concealer but cheaper actual makeup. Normally No7 range.
I always have bodyshop body butter, bath cream etc.

Dang i didnt realise how much of a sales persons dream i am!

Banned

sassie;8664081

pretty much naff all, hence why i am single probably

Yeah... your single because you don't spend enough on cosmetics. Of course.

Obviously I'm not female, but I buy all sort of different crap because im very metrosexual (no homo)

bossyboots;8664036

Also spend a fortune on all the nice shower gels, face masks, body creams … Also spend a fortune on all the nice shower gels, face masks, body creams ....MILLIONS OF THINGS! Love the Champneys body creams and have about 20 jars of that stuff - smells amazing as does their bath foam. They are all probably about £10 each - worth every single pennyedit - waxing done every month also (ouch) and that costs about £45edit - nails every month £30

I saw one of those waxing horror stories that results in the removal of a lot more than just the hair of a womans secret garden......

Banned

I buy avon and No7 for my face and body spend about £150 per month on the stuff.

I have tons in the cupboard.

I have my hair coloured and cut at my local college and it costs about £30 per month.

I took my gran to a day spa on tuesday for her birthday it was amazing.

My gran had a facial and I had a back massage.

I got it on last minute website and only cost £55 b.o.g.o.f :thumbsup:

Banned

D_C`s top tip...
for the birds with the tash.. BIC razor cheap as chips:thumbsup:

Original Poster

DLM;8664831

I buy avon and No7 for my face and body spend about £150 per month on the … I buy avon and No7 for my face and body spend about £150 per month on the stuff.I have tons in the cupboard.I have my hair coloured and cut at my local college and it costs about £30 per month.I took my gran to a day spa on tuesday for her birthday it was amazing.My gran had a facial and I had a back massage.I got it on last minute website and only cost £55 b.o.g.o.f :thumbsup:

Now you've got me thinking that I really want a massage...

hair products every month = £10

shaving products every month = £5

Happy ending thai massage every month = priceless

Banned

numptyj;8664961

hair products every month = £10shaving products every month = £5Happy e … hair products every month = £10shaving products every month = £5Happy ending thai massage every month = priceless

Is that what they call it down south? Just a gob off please.

Banned

DLM;8664831

My gran had a facial

You got her number?

vibeone;8664997

You got her number?

LOL

Original Poster

numptyj;8664961

hair products every month = £10shaving products every month = £5Happy e … hair products every month = £10shaving products every month = £5Happy ending thai massage every month = priceless

Everytime you utter those 3 words I feel like I'm going to vomit.

Banned

angelfairee;8664941

Now you've got me thinking that I really want a massage...

I am definitely doing a day spa again.

Lunch, massage, pool, different sauna rooms and an outdoor jacuzzi :thumbsup:

vibeone;8664997

You got her number?

:lol:

Btw girls, we forgot to add things like deodrants, body sprays, PERFUMES!! Jeez i spend a fortune on perfumes!

Original Poster

bossyboots;8665126

:lol:Btw girls, we forgot to add things like deodrants, body sprays, … :lol:Btw girls, we forgot to add things like deodrants, body sprays, PERFUMES!! Jeez i spend a fortune on perfumes!

Oh yeahhhh, perfume. I bought my summer perfume the other day - Marc Jacobs Daisy, mmm.

angelfairee;8665150

Oh yeahhhh, perfume. I bought my summer perfume the other day - Marc … Oh yeahhhh, perfume. I bought my summer perfume the other day - Marc Jacobs Daisy, mmm.

Oh I bought that MJ Daisy last month and isnt it just lovely!!! The bottle is one am gonna keep when its done, cause its soooo cute!!

starsparkle2311;8665159

me too jees Impulse is so expensive these days, don't ya … me too jees Impulse is so expensive these days, don't ya think?:whistling:LOL:pHi ya BB, you ok?

Hi SS - am just fine! had friends round earlier for a BBQ and last one was shunted into a taxi pie eyed half an hour ago eating a cold burger hahaha!! Been a great day - what a difference it makes when the sun is shining like that!

Banned

starsparkle2311;8665159

me too jees Impulse is so expensive these days, don't ya … me too jees Impulse is so expensive these days, don't ya think?:whistling:LOL:pHi ya BB, you ok?

my fave is hypnose by lancome, daughter treated me to a bottle for xmas :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien46
    2. Is this junction box wired properly??610
    3. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit58
    4. Foo fighters presale code.1110

See more discussions