Groups

Ferry travel to Isle Of Wight

Looking to travel there tomorrow, there will be 3 adults, a 1 year old & a 4 year old in a car, an estate.
    Have never been on a ferry before so not sure what happens. After googling I've come up with a quote of £40 return, is that cheap?
    Thanks

6 Comments

Thats about right are you going from southampton or portsmouth and is it a day trip?

The isle of wight ferry is the most expensive ferry ride in the world for the distance travelled so that price would be about right yes. It's a fantastic island though so you will have a great time with the weather forecast being so good.

Original Poster

dmtuk;5571277

Thats about right are you going from southampton or portsmouth and is it … Thats about right are you going from southampton or portsmouth and is it a day trip?

The quote I was given is from Southampton, from Portsmouth it goes up to £70 odd :w00t:
    Yeh its just for the day to visit my brother

Original Poster

darren9030;5571300

The isle of wight ferry is the most expensive ferry ride in the world for … The isle of wight ferry is the most expensive ferry ride in the world for the distance travelled so that price would be about right yes. It's a fantastic island though so you will have a great time with the weather forecast being so good.

Thanks, my brother said its lovely over there. He moved there 2 months ago.

louiseb84;5571358

The quote I was given is from Southampton, from Portsmouth it goes up to … The quote I was given is from Southampton, from Portsmouth it goes up to £70 odd :w00t:Yeh its just for the day to visit my brother

If you sail at 10:30 then its £42 from Portsmouth:)

£40 is about average..bloody rip off but be careful as you can look one day and think oh I'll book it later then you look later and bang it doubled! Prices do vary on times of day!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Small, stylish writers notebook/netbook23
      2. Biscuit addiction1024
      3. Cheap 'smart phone' for child wanted.55
      4. Gaming Monitor44

See more discussions