Groups

Fiat Punto

im looking for a fiat punto to buy ( it is cheapest for insuarance in my situation) im looking for something less than £3000 preferably around scotland.

ive seen some with around 60000-75000miles from 2010 to 2012.

Basically my question is, is it a good deal for a 2011 fiat punto at £2855 with 70000?

im 19 and ill probably only do around 5000 a year

15 Comments

Doesn't seem like a good buy to me.

I don't know a lot about cars..... but I wouldn't be putting out nearly £3K on a car with 70,000 mileage, could understand if quite a flashy car that much but a Fiat Punto?

this looks decent nice low Mileage and 3k cash should seal the deal

I'm so tight when it comes to cars anyway, I can afford a lot better but I won't buy nothing flash...if car road legal and safe I'm happy. I've got handbags that cost more than the car I own at moment.

70,000 on a 5 year old car is 14,000 a year so hardly excessive and only a bit more than average (circa 12k per year). If you're only doing 5k a year yourself then it sounds reasonable to me.

Original Poster

vcars.co.uk/use…864
    this is the one I've seen, its a "newer look" Punto s that's why I had the idea that it was a good deal?

Original Poster

batezy_1984

A punto here with good mileage for … A punto here with good mileage for £1,695http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610319300375

I was looking for a 2010+ punto... but thanks

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

70,000 on a 5 year old car is 14,000 a year so hardly excessive and only … 70,000 on a 5 year old car is 14,000 a year so hardly excessive and only a bit more than average (circa 12k per year). If you're only doing 5k a year yourself then it sounds reasonable to me.

yeah that's what I was thinking, I'm probably going to keep something for 2-3 years just until my insurance goes down more

Son's first car is a grande punto 1.9 diesel sporting and its quite a nice little car, the diesel might be a bit much for 5000 miles but they do a 1.2 petrol, you get a lot of car for your money

I would highly recommend a Toyota Aygo, Ive covered 1500 miles in 6 months with no trouble at all, only £20 tax and 60mpg.

Fiats are awful cars, punto especially. There's a reason why they're cheap.

Go for something Korean, Malaysian or Japanese.
    Kia do 7 year warranty, Hyundai and Toyota 5 year.

I have just sold my 58 reg Fiat Punto it had 60 thousand miles on the clock private sale. They were going for £1600 + through a dealer I though that was a decent price for a 8 year old car.

I disagree that they are awful cars, I have had 2 and they are been great. Low maintenance and low insurance. Great as a run around.

I would go for a toyota yaris,or aygo or Nissan micra or possible a honda civic if your insurance isn't too much of a differnce better cars for that kind of money that the faith puntos and clios
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc37
      2. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      3. Best IPTV Paid service?1721
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please46
      5. Best Wi-Fi extender22

See more discussions