Expired

Fiat Punto heating broken

Found 12th Aug 2014
My 2007 Fiat Grande Punto climate control is on the blink. The fan will sometimes work, then sometimes it doesn’t. Normally it will run for a minute or two then you can hear it starting to slow down, like it’s losing power. Then it doesn’t work for the rest of the day regardless of what level I put it at.

After doing some googling it seems there is a common fault with this model, either the loom cables have burnt out or the heating resistor has blown. I’ve replaced the resistor and it still doesn’t work well. The connections to the resister unit and the loom look fine to me, no burnt out pins like most people report. Difference with my fault compared to most others is that it does work sometimes, everyone else reports it doesn’t work at all.

I can’t really think of what else to check with my limited mechanical knowledge so thinking of taking it to a local garage. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Also what could I be looking at cost wise to fix either of the following:
• Replace the fan motor
• Replace the loom

1. Ask
  2. Fiat
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Fiat
1 Comment

I had a similar issue to you but on my Renault scenic where it would only work intermittently luckily it was still under warranty and the garage said it was the wiring loom ,
the bloke at the garage said for my car there was a adapter or something that had been brought out to fix it and had to connect that and it was fine then.
so maybe the same thing for you.
sorry I can't give exact details as I can't remember exactly lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions