Groups

Fiat punto help

im think of buying a fiat grande punto 07 for £1500 but when i checked it out there was a leak under the hood, (possible gasket problem) should i buy it and try to get it fixed or go something around £1800? any help is good...

20 Comments

Leak from where? Under the hood doesn't help

Son just bought the 1.9 diesel sporting its quite a nice little car, i would give it a miss there are plenty out there

not for me , is water or oil..then no

Don't do it, they're nails.

If the leaks are around 2/3rd of the way up the engine, then that is head gasket and BIG money to fix properly; at lot more than the car is worth.

At that price range, if it isnt in perfect mechanical working order, fixing it can be very expensive.

Wouldn't waste your money

F - fix
    I - it
    A - again
    T - tomorrow

under the hood???

Fix It Again Tommorow, Stear well clear

faulkner893

F - fixI - itA - againT - tomorrow

I see those cheerleading lessons I got you weren't wasted.

Not worth that prive even running fine they are absolute garbage

Original Poster

westy125

Leak from where? Under the hood doesn't help

​behind the enigine near ths pipes..? it was oil

Original Poster

wheresmywashboard

under the hood???

​​behind the enigine near ths pipes..? it was oil

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

If the leaks are around 2/3rd of the way up the engine, then that is head … If the leaks are around 2/3rd of the way up the engine, then that is head gasket and BIG money to fix properly; at lot more than the car is worth.At that price range, if it isnt in perfect mechanical working order, fixing it can be very expensive.

​its was just just a little over the pipe behind the engine

walk away unless you like spend money

There are plenty of cars available at £1500. Unless you particularly want a Grande Punto then as others have said there's no point in taking any sort of risk.

Yeah give that a miss...
    £1500 seems a bit steep for a 07 plate
    I was looking at a 07 one near us for £1000 but it was a Cat D and he didn't even know about it or why so gave it a miss.

stefromuk

Yeah give that a miss...£1500 seems a bit steep for a 07 plate I was … Yeah give that a miss...£1500 seems a bit steep for a 07 plate I was looking at a 07 one near us for £1000 but it was a Cat D and he didn't even know about it or why so gave it a miss.

Thats why it was only 1000 because it was a cat d, sure he knew, plenty of crooks out there

Fiats are total money pits, guaranteed to spend £3000 a year on repairs. AVOID AVOID AVOID

ding

Thats why it was only 1000 because it was a cat d, sure he knew, plenty … Thats why it was only 1000 because it was a cat d, sure he knew, plenty of crooks out there

Not sure he did but yeah agree con merchants everywhere nowadays...
    There was also another 07 punto across the road for £1150 (non cat d)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BT deal45
      2. Are import charges payable on items from Play Asia and Yes Asia?11
      3. xbox live trial44
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please22

See more discussions