Expired

fiat punto tyre pressure

Found 3rd Jul 2016
I have a fiat punto active sport 8v, model 2004. Just enquiring about the tyre pressure that how much that should be?? Dont have the car manuals. Anyone who has this car might know the tyre pressure. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Community Updates
AskTyresFiat
18 Comments
Does it not say on the door pillar or inside the fuel cap?
If not, 30psi will do.
I've put 44psi in every car car I've had for 17 years and never had an issue
moostang

I've put 44psi in every car car I've had for 17 years and never had an … I've put 44psi in every car car I've had for 17 years and never had an issue

thats bad advice man. most cars are 2/3rds of that
craigstephens

If not, 30psi will do.

did't check it.. will have a look in the morning.. cheers
moostang

I've put 44psi in every car car I've had for 17 years and never had an … I've put 44psi in every car car I've had for 17 years and never had an issue

44???? I always use 32 as a default . Would that not be for like if you had twenty three elephants in the boot ? Not that I am a car expert . Or an elephant expert for that matter . Know the damage under inflated tyres does but not over inflated
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 4th Jul 2016
moostang

​Just because you've done that does make it right. 44psi is way to much, and will cause undue wear down the middle if the tyre.
psychobitchfromhell

Know the damage under inflated tyres does but not over inflated

Makes the tyres bulge slightly, meaning all the wear will be on the centre of the tread and ultimately will reduce the amount of contact with the road making it quite dangerous
44 psi, you increase the risk of a blow out. Also ide imagine in the wet the car drives like it is on ice? 30-32 psi would be for normal cars.
Thanks everyone
I thought all tyres had the recommended pressure written/embossed on the side of the tyre itself? Every tyre I've seen has the size and everything relevant on the tyre.
Bigfootpete

I thought all tyres had the recommended pressure written/embossed on the … I thought all tyres had the recommended pressure written/embossed on the side of the tyre itself? Every tyre I've seen has the size and everything relevant on the tyre.

They usually have maximum pressures on the sidewalls. As each car weighs different amounts and has different suspension then they will all require a slightly different pressure to make the tyre wear evenly.
Bigfootpete

I thought all tyres had the recommended pressure written/embossed on the … I thought all tyres had the recommended pressure written/embossed on the side of the tyre itself? Every tyre I've seen has the size and everything relevant on the tyre.

That's normally the max pressure for the tire if it's actually printed on the tire.
As each vehicle is a different weight and has different loads, that's why you get different (normally a few psi more) recommended pressures if for heavy load or similar.
Having the wrong tyre pressure can affect handling, performance and fuel efficiency so always use values specific for the vehicle and load.

As craigstephens said its normally on a sticker on the drivers door panel.
seehere for examples of pressure stickers and their locations
as for moostang's comment https://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/assets/images/site/tyre-pressures.jpg
Surely just go on the kwik fit website
In my tyre fitting days, I had a woman come and ask me to check her tyre pressures. Sure, fine. First one, 40 psi. Over inflated but not too bad, so I deflated it slightly. Next one was at 60. Next one was at 75!! It was a slight relief when the last one was only at 20.
just to add my 2 penneth worth, my 2016 vauxhall viva suggests 39psi for 'eco' driving, which for a small car is pretty high
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants