Groups

Fiat Warranty

I got my fiat grande punto around 5 weeks ago but the normal air con not AC has stopped working .... the fan doesnt even turn now.

Will this be covered in the 3 year warranty as the fan does not turn anymore??

17 Comments

Original Poster

AND i know arnold shark will try to fob me off :-(

Yes of course. However, you have mixed up your terminology slightly, the "normal air conditioning" you refer to is just the standard fan or "ventilation fan", it is not air conditioning. AC is an acronym of "air conditioning"

Original Poster

hahaha yeah its that thingy so do u think arnold shark should fix it for me free of charge??

crazyblondechick;5426282

hahaha yeah its that thingy so do u think arnold shark should fix it … hahaha yeah its that thingy so do u think arnold shark should fix it for me free of charge??

If the car is still within its warranty period, has been serviced as per the required service plan and that part has not been modified or abused, then yes. It might just be a blown fuse of course, not used any suspect 12v chargers (i.e. mobile phone charger or sat nav) lately?

Check it ain't just a blown fuse, handbook should tell you where the fuse box is, then open it up and check the fuse?

Original Poster

yeah its defo not a fuse as it sometimes ticks on but its just like ticking and not really doing much else.

the car was registered in september and is a 06 plate so it should still be in warranty

Just called Arnold shark at the service depo, they say they will charge £60 for an intial check (and not carry out the work if not under the warranty) but if its under warranty we wont need to pay a penny.

saxo_appeal;5434355

the car was registered in september and is a 06 plate so it should still … the car was registered in september and is a 06 plate so it should still be in warranty

That could have been close to a big bill then.

Would it have been big? its just the fan lol

saxo_appeal;5435028

Possibly, it's a dash out on some cars. Depending on what needed doing of course.

saxo_appeal;5434355

the car was registered in september and is a 06 plate so it should still … the car was registered in september and is a 06 plate so it should still be in warranty

Isn't third year of Fiat warranty dealer only, i.e. not as simple as the "normal" manufacturer warranty and requires you to have serviced it within the Fiat dealer network etc.?

saxo_appeal;5435028

EVERY bill is a big bill at Arnold Clark.

Prior to handing over your' car keys, give them the V5 registration document and get them to confirm that the work will be carried out free of charge under warranty.

If you hand over the keys, they will refuse to hand them back until you have paid their £60 inspection fee, which will involve turning on the blower switch and confirming that it doesn't operate correctly.

They pulled this stint with me a few years back (£32 then) to tell me that my exhaust was blowing, which is why I took it there!

Never Again. :x

pghstochaj;5437726

Isn't third year of Fiat warranty dealer only, i.e. not as simple as the … Isn't third year of Fiat warranty dealer only, i.e. not as simple as the "normal" manufacturer warranty and requires you to have serviced it within the Fiat dealer network etc.?

I don't know about Fiat warranties, but Arnold Clark does operate as a Fiat dealer, hope to OP confirms the situation re service history etc, with them prior to being stung!

I thought that so long as genuine Fiat replacement parts (filters etc) were used duing the peroiod of warranty, the warranty would be honored?

Shambolic;5441778

I don't know about Fiat warranties, but Arnold Clark does operate as a … I don't know about Fiat warranties, but Arnold Clark does operate as a Fiat dealer, hope to OP confirms the situation re service history etc, with them prior to being stung!I thought that so long as genuine Fiat replacement parts (filters etc) were used duing the peroiod of warranty, the warranty would be honored?

That is the case for the first two years, but unless it has changed or I have misremebered, the third year is dealer only and requires you to have serviced the car within the dealer network (this is in addition to the actual manufacturer warranty and hence is covered by the EU Block Excemption). I might be wrong...

pghstochaj;5443483

That is the case for the first two years, but unless it has changed or I … That is the case for the first two years, but unless it has changed or I have misremebered, the third year is dealer only and requires you to have serviced the car within the dealer network (this is in addition to the actual manufacturer warranty and hence is covered by the EU Block Excemption). I might be wrong...

It would be interesting to find out how they got on? :?

How did you get on?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction714
      2. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1626
      3. Ditched Sky911
      4. sky q is it a good deal?68

See more discussions