Fibre Broadband, Who do you have?

I'm currently with TalkTalk and for a long time now our internet has been quite ****. Spoke to them a few times in past month, haven't got anywhere with them. So basically I'm looking to switch, who do you have and what sort of price do you pay?

21 Comments

sky - £17.40 a month including line rental

Virgin media.

Faultless. 200mbs very rarely dips below that, download a lot of stuff, online gaming etc also. Never had an issue.

Got that with TV and home phone (con) pay just under 50

if you want the quickest wifi speed, then go to virgin media

I'm with EE for superfast fibre upto 76 meg for £34.50 per month including line rental , weekend calls and EE tv

I've got 100gb, M TV with tivo box, unlimited weekend calls including line rental for £50

Virgin media hands down for me. 200mb and it's flawless.

it sometimes dips but there is 6 ppl on the Internet then E.g xbox one, fire stick, now tv, 2 tabs and mobile phone.

Don't go with Post Office. As they use TalkTalk as the provider

150Mb with virgin retention deal of £22 wouldn't go back to anything else but wont tell Virgin that when the discount comes to an end, will just go through the cancelation process again for the next discount

sky £17.40.m i think its 36mbit broadband. thats just cost of the line rental as BB was free as part of the offer
for that price I cannot fault it. 2 min extra wont hurt me waiting to download a flick. had it since april and im yet to restart a modem due to connection issues (cannot say the same for virgin).
switched from 50mbit virgin that went up to double the cost of sky (virgin creeps up the prices every few months unfortunately)

Edited by: "mattsk" 5th Sep 2016

mattsokolinski

sky £17.40.m i think its 36mbit broadband. thats just cost of the line … sky £17.40.m i think its 36mbit broadband. thats just cost of the line rental as BB was free as part of the offerfor that price I cannot fault it. 2 min extra wont hurt me waiting to download a flick. had it since april and im yet to restart a modem due to connection issues (cannot say the same for virgin).switched from 50mbit virgin that went up to double the cost of sky (virgin creeps up the prices every few months unfortunately)

And its going up again in november by another £2.99

check out SSE (swalec)

I'm with EE they have been really good for me, at the end of the term they always call to make me an offer, can't beat that service
Speeds are good too

I'd recommend Plusnet, was with them a year and was pretty happy with speed, went with Bt about a month ago to get the £100 credit card and £100 TCB thinking I'd got a good deal but my connection is shockingly bad and regret the decision big time.

VM just fiber cable broadband pay 28.50 by dd no other service

im on sse 76 meg free calls and thats with line rental 21 a month

valleyboy22

Virgin media hands down for me. 200mb and it's flawless.

benjammin316

Virgin media. Faultless. 200mbs very rarely dips below that, download a … Virgin media. Faultless. 200mbs very rarely dips below that, download a lot of stuff, online gaming etc also. Never had an issue. Got that with TV and home phone (con) pay just under 50

What sort of upload speeds do you get, I've heard they're not great...

Just ordered this that I seen the deals section , works out great for me bt fibre unlimited cashback deal
Edited by: "jimmyandmel" 6th Sep 2016

jimmyandmel

Just ordered this that I seen the deals section , works out great for me … Just ordered this that I seen the deals section , works out great for me bt fibre unlimited cashback deal

Pretty good deal! It's a shame the infinity 2 is £25/month and also has the same cashback/rewards card. When I took BT out over a year ago it worked out about the same monthly cost to upgrade from inf1 to inf2 since the reward was £50 more and no activation fee.

Stay away from BT.
To get the good deals multiple discounts are applied.
No problem you think until you break some small print rule, ie "add another service" then all the discounts are removed and your up to full price and still in contract.

PS they don't pre warn you when your ordering an add on but keep it as a nice surprise on your your following months bill.
Then when you contact customer service to explain why your bil has virtually doubled have a sense of smugness explaining it was a condition of the discounted contract.

theres some really weird down voting going on in this thread
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Car Leasing Deals (Audi, Golf or Scirocco)11
    2. Electricity11
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    4. Which Camera?!!!22

See more discussions