Groups

FIFA 08 (PS3) - Tips & Tricks Sheet

Banned
    Having found the manual difficult to find things quickly in, here is an abbreviated but by no means help sheet.

Feel free to amend and re-post with any errors and extra guidance.

Cheers

12 Comments

Original Poster Banned

Shooting tips (Hold R1 for finesse)
    1. When your running, knock the ball a bit infront of you and hold in L2 and shoot,
    2. when in line with the middle of the goal from 30-40 yards hold the opposite direction to where you're shooting. for example you're attacking the goal dribbling from right to left then hold the left analogue stick to the right and quikly shoot holding it 3/4 and letting go before you would normally turn.
    3. When close to goal just tap circle, and just move to the side before you do it.
    Crossing tips
    Outside crossing zone (early cross)
    1.Hold L1 and 1 tap on square for normal cross
    2.Hold L1 and 2 taps on square for low cross
    3.Hold L1 and 3 taps on square for ground cross
    Inside crossing zone
    1.Tap on square for normal cross (Hold down for length of cross)
    2.2 taps on square for low cross
    3.3 taps on square for ground cross
    Tackling tips
    Standard on feet tackle - X
    Signal other defenders to pressure player with ball – Circle
    Slide tackle – Square
    Jockey for ball – L2
    Passing Tips
    Lobbed through pass – L1 and TRIANGLE
    Pass and run – L1 and X
    One-two pass – L1 and X and X
    Dribbling tips
    Stop the Ball – Release left stick and press R2
    Stop the Ball facing goal – Release left stick and press L1
    Pace Control – L2
    Forward run by other player – L1
    TRICKS – Right Stick whilst holding L2
    Tactics & mentality
    Up Arrow – OW – Team mate attacks on opposite wing
    Right Arrow – DA – Send a defender into attack
    Down Arrow – TP – Mark opponents closely
    Left Arrow – OT – Offside trap
    Taking a corner
    Square – lob cross
    Square + Square – low cross
    Square + Square – ground cross
    X – Short corner

thx csiman for doing this i wanted to do the same ever since i got the game and that was months ago, this will save me from going through all the pages when ever i leave the game for a week or longer and forget how to do things does the sheet cover everything. rep added.

Oh fab this will help me no end, gonna have a good play later to try out all these

Original Poster Banned

Daytrader;1821045

thx csiman for doing this i wanted to do the same ever since i got the … thx csiman for doing this i wanted to do the same ever since i got the game and that was months ago, this will save me from going through all the pages when ever i leave the game for a week or longer and forget how to do things does the sheet cover everything. rep added.

Not everything. Doesnt have tricks and penalty kicks and minor things like that hence please add any tips yourself if you like :thumbsup:

I got fed up with all that typing after a while

I'd also been meaning to do it for months too.

Original Poster Banned

amcol;1821150

Oh fab this will help me no end, gonna have a good play later to try out … Oh fab this will help me no end, gonna have a good play later to try out all these

Best practice in the arena rather than in a game although the arena is a very poor pass off as a training ground :x

Can tell i never explored the game properly, didnt know there was an arena lol...will give it a shot, thanks csiman, will leave ya some rep!

just need to know something "Outside crossing zone" where does this start ? i like playing footy games but dont watch in real life so dont know all rules etc, thx

Original Poster Banned

Daytrader;1821283

just need to know something "Outside crossing zone" where does this start … just need to know something "Outside crossing zone" where does this start ? i like playing footy games but dont watch in real life so dont know all rules etc, thx

Draw a line across the pitch along the edge of the penalty box. Anywhere behind this is outside the zone I believe.

Original Poster Banned

amcol;1821255

Can tell i never explored the game properly, didnt know there was an … Can tell i never explored the game properly, didnt know there was an arena lol...will give it a shot, thanks csiman, will leave ya some rep!

Called the arena burt basically where you start the game and ronaldinho appears with which you can practice shots and free kicks (not corners or penalties I believe).

csiman;1822284

Draw a line across the pitch along the edge of the penalty box. Anywhere … Draw a line across the pitch along the edge of the penalty box. Anywhere behind this is outside the zone I believe.

ah thx for that.

Original Poster Banned

bump so it stays in my activity list and for others to see

Original Poster Banned

Anyone know of making a thread sticky in your activity list apart from bumping it?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814502
      2. Get an annual MOT reminder67
      3. Giffgaff New goodybags34
      4. One for the mathmeticians2640

See more discussions