Groups

FIFA 11 Firewall Status PS3.

My FIFA 11 firewall status says RESTRICTIVE when I try to play online. How can I change it to OPEN?

I am using a wireless connection. I have opened the ports on my Belkin Wireless router and also entered the PS3 IP address.

I don't know what else I can do?

5 Comments

First check upnp is enabled on your router and if it is do a internet connection test on the ps3 and see if it comes at that upnp is available also check nat shows type 2.

Original Poster

All sorted now

Was something to do with the DMZ.

399out

All sorted now :)Was something to do with the DMZ.

Putting the ps3 in dmz means you have placed your ps3 outside of the firewall. Not heard of a ps3 being hacked but i would still be reluctant to do that.

Borat

Putting the ps3 in dmz means you have placed your ps3 outside of the … Putting the ps3 in dmz means you have placed your ps3 outside of the firewall. Not heard of a ps3 being hacked but i would still be reluctant to do that.

my 360 n ps3 have the same ip for my belkins dmz never had a problem since i got my router around 4 years ago when i used the original xbox , never been hacked and its either that or plug it straight into modem which means nothing else can go online i think the op will be fine with the dmz no point with scaremongering unless you have something to back it up.

as its only the ps3 in the dmz the only thing i would recommend is making sure you use a static ip to make sure the dhcp doesnt give the ip assigned to the ps3 to a pc if you restart the router etc

on my belkin i went into the dhcp pool started the ip .3 to .254 or close to that and assigned my xbox and ps3 .xxx.xxx.x.2 ip address only one is on at a time so shouldnt have any conflicts and both use the same ip so can be in the dmz from when they are turned on because i used to find my nat changing depending on the ip asigned to the machine because of port forwarding etc

hi !
    i have the same router and the same problem
    what can I do?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions