FIFA World Cup 2010 - Australia????

My boss has asked me to apply for tickets to follow Australia in the World Cup - but I can't see Australia on the list of Teams!!!!

Is this correct or am I being incredibly thick???

16 Comments

I think this is a joke.

Australia got knocked out the 20 20 Cricket World cup in the opening group phase.

timesonline.co.uk/tol…ece

guilbert53;5471252

I think this is a joke.Australia got knocked out the 20 20 Cricket World … I think this is a joke.Australia got knocked out the 20 20 Cricket World cup in the opening group phase.

Shame they're going to take out their frustrations on England during the Ashes....

thats because the 2010 word cup is still in qualifying stage???

guilbert53;5471252

I think this is a joke.Australia got knocked out the 20 20 Cricket World … I think this is a joke.Australia got knocked out the 20 20 Cricket World cup in the opening group phase.http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/cricket/article6459223.ece

[SIZE="7"]FIFA[/SIZE] world cup, he's talking about football!

borolad94;5471255

[SIZE="7"]FIFA[/SIZE] world cup, he's talking about football!

lol.. this is 8 in the morning after all :-D

Original Poster

Okay thanks, found it on the FIFA news and it says the Australia Team tickets have sold out already. A little sad but I'm a PA and I get lots of impossible tasks so thought someone on here may be able to help.

How can they have sold out if they haven't qualified yet?

They don't sell the tickets for specific teams before they even qualify do they?

Banned

australia qualified the other day. saturday to be exact.

greg_68;5471533

How can they have sold out if they haven't qualified yet?They don't sell … How can they have sold out if they haven't qualified yet?They don't sell the tickets for specific teams before they even qualify do they?

It's basically like a lottery, you need to apply and pick which team you want tickets for. There's a set number of places allocated to each team, but if they don't qualify, then you don't get tickets (you don't get charged either I might add).

civms47;5471618

It's basically like a lottery, you need to apply and pick which team you … It's basically like a lottery, you need to apply and pick which team you want tickets for. There's a set number of places allocated to each team, but if they don't qualify, then you don't get tickets (you don't get charged either I might add).

Cheers, I didn't know that.

australia, japan and holland have already qualified, but i thought the tickets got released all at the same time, once they fiqure out who has qualified.

fruityloops;5471501

Okay thanks, found it on the FIFA news and it says the Australia Team … Okay thanks, found it on the FIFA news and it says the Australia Team tickets have sold out already. A little sad but I'm a PA and I get lots of impossible tasks so thought someone on here may be able to help.

Bit of a long shot but worth a try, Has your boss got a Amex card? If so, Amex normally buys a load of tickets to big games and events that they sell on to their customers at face value. Or look up corporate entertainment companies and see if they have any tickets.

My fiancée is a PA, so I know all about the impossible tasks.

landofdan;5471637

australia, japan and holland have already qualified, but i thought the … australia, japan and holland have already qualified, but i thought the tickets got released all at the same time, once they fiqure out who has qualified.

Yeah that's what I thought happens. I guess it may leave it at little late by the time qualification has ended to start organising tickets then. I guess it makes sense to at least get some of the tickets organised as early as possible.

Banned

australia were 1 of the first to qualify

Original Poster

DKLS;5471666

Bit of a long shot but worth a try, Has your boss got a Amex card? If so, … Bit of a long shot but worth a try, Has your boss got a Amex card? If so, Amex normally buys a load of tickets to big games and events that they sell on to their customers at face value. Or look up corporate entertainment companies and see if they have any tickets.My fiancée is a PA, so I know all about the impossible tasks.

Yes he has got an amex card - will try that thanks because I know he had a chance of Michael Jackson tickets through Amex.

Banned

fruityloops;5476059

Yes he has got an amex card - will try that thanks because I know he had … Yes he has got an amex card - will try that thanks because I know he had a chance of Michael Jackson tickets through Amex.

also exclusive area at hannah montana for lucky amex users lol

you have to give aussies their credit tho the last world ccup was the first time they made the finals in 20 odd years, they were all so excited it was as if theyd won it......them getting through! qualified again no probs fair play to em.....strting to take "soccer" more serious now although their A league is completely naff.....dwight yorke star player!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764113
    2. WONGA REFUNDS DUE185923
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?1747
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213609

See more discussions