Groups

FIFA world cup expanding to 48 teams...From 2026

Changes in 2026. Ages away but just makes qualifying easier.

Guess we will see the english, welsh, irish, ni and maybe scotland qualify... or maybe not.

From what I understand in the main tournament it will be 16 groups of 3 with top 2 going through.

87 Comments

Cheeky punt on Andorra or San Marino to win it.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the African nations becoming better at football & the split up of places like Russia/USSR etc.

More likely just a way to make more money.

WheresMeNuts

I wonder if this has anything to do with the African nations becoming … I wonder if this has anything to do with the African nations becoming better at football & the split up of places like Russia/USSR etc.

​No. I'd argue that the African nations are now poorer despite having so many high profile players. And the Soviet Union broke up a long time ago!

Its purely $$$. And votes!

Google Andrew Jennings & FIFA!

WheresMeNuts

I wonder if this has anything to do with the African nations becoming … I wonder if this has anything to do with the African nations becoming better at football & the split up of places like Russia/USSR etc.

Europe is unlikely to get more allocated places. The quality of African football has largely been declining over the last decade. It's a money grab for selling more TV rights around the world, nothing more, nothing less.

Original Poster

African nations have gone poorer. Not like the late 90s early 2000s when cameroon, nigeria and then senegal took the world by storm

Every other team has been crap since. I agree its all about money. Getting the best european teams in there.

Original Poster

Theres 16 extra places. Europe will probs get 6-8 of them going by coeffecients from the past

Can they not just give my poor Scotland team an automatic place :-(

Weakening yet another tournament in order to garner votes.

Same old FIFA.

WheresMeNuts

split up of places like Russia/USSR etc.

Yeah because that only happened over 20 years ago!
    Russia was part of the USSR btw.

dtovey89

Yeah because that only happened over 20 years ago!Russia was part of the … Yeah because that only happened over 20 years ago!Russia was part of the USSR btw.

Russia split from the USSR as part of the 15.

WheresMeNuts

Russia split from the USSR as part of the 15.

Are you just rewording what I've said?
    Your comment in post #2 "split up of places like Russia/USSR etc." suggests that these were separate splits.
    Edited by: "DT89" 10th Jan

Original Poster

LOL

dtovey89

Are you just rewording what I've said?Your comment in post #2 "split up … Are you just rewording what I've said?Your comment in post #2 "split up of places like Russia/USSR etc." suggests that these were separate splits.

Who actually cares ?

WheresMeNuts

Who actually cares ?

Did you accidentally leave a space between "cares" and the question mark?

dtovey89

Did you accidentally leave a space between "cares" and the question mark?

Who cares ?

WheresMeNuts

Who cares ?

Cheer up!

dtovey89

Cheer up!

You seem to know that I'm sad lol, you know nothing about me so go & bitch in another thread little man.

WheresMeNuts

You seem to know that I'm sad lol, you know nothing about me so go & … You seem to know that I'm sad lol, you know nothing about me so go & bitch in another thread little man.

I wonder when you will stop breaching the swear filter.
    A lot of anger coming from you recently? Too much heat in the kitchen perhaps?

dtovey89

Are you just rewording what I've said?Your comment in post #2 "split up … Are you just rewording what I've said?Your comment in post #2 "split up of places like Russia/USSR etc." suggests that these were separate splits.

to you perhaps
    it suggests two alternatives, they dont actually have to refer to different subjects
    Edited by: "brilly" 10th Jan

dtovey89

I wonder when you will stop breaching the swear filter.A lot of anger … I wonder when you will stop breaching the swear filter.A lot of anger coming from you recently? Too much heat in the kitchen perhaps?

Is that an attempt to have me banned for such a little word ? (See the space ????) says a lot about you !!
    No one actually cares about how smart you think you are on here & trying to insult other people & in truth it shows how weak you are deep down.
    I don't care what your opinions are of me, so please get over yourself & stop trying to troll me on here on what seems like a daily basis.
    BTW: I bet you have me added to your Favs, as you seem to be almost 1-2 posts after me on almost every thread.

WheresMeNuts

Is that an attempt to have me banned for such a little word ? (See the … Is that an attempt to have me banned for such a little word ? (See the space ????) says a lot about you !!No one actually cares about how smart you think you are on here & trying to insult other people & in truth it shows how weak you are deep down.I don't care what your opinions are of me, so please get over yourself & stop trying to troll me on here on what seems like a daily basis.BTW: I bet you have me added to your Favs, as you seem to be almost 1-2 posts after me on almost every thread.

FYI I haven't reported any of your comments - I was simply making an observation to your inability to not call me a female dog

Oh look all my birthdays have come at once. WMN and Brilly in one thread.
    Brilly with his database of my posting history since 2010 and WMN with an abundance of exclamation and question marks. Oh the joys!

dtovey89

FYI I haven't reported any of your comments - I was simply making an … FYI I haven't reported any of your comments - I was simply making an observation to your inability to not call me a female dog :)Oh look all my birthdays have come at once. WMN and Brilly in one thread.Brilly with his database of my posting history since 2010 and WMN with an abundance of exclamation and question marks. Oh the joys!

he didn't call you a bitch/'female dog' <-- oh the same thing with an oblique.. troll incoming!!
    do you not know the difference between a noun and a verb?
    bit ironic when you chose to troll WMN about his english language usage surely?
    lol @ database, its called a brain son

dtovey89

FYI I haven't reported any of your comments - I was simply making an … FYI I haven't reported any of your comments - I was simply making an observation to your inability to not call me a female dog :)Oh look all my birthdays have come at once. WMN and Brilly in one thread.Brilly with his database of my posting history since 2010 and WMN with an abundance of exclamation and question marks. Oh the joys!

I never knew Brilly also had a dislike to you & adds fuel to the fire with your disrespect for other members that you feel you have the right to belittle all the time.

brilly

he didn't call you a bitchdo you not know the difference between a noun … he didn't call you a bitchdo you not know the difference between a noun and a verb?bit ironic when you chose to troll WMN about his english language usage surely?lol @ database, its called a brain son

I wouldn't define the extensive recital of a 7 year posting history as intelligent. It's borderline obsessive, and dare I say perverted?

If WMN gets rattled because I occasionally reply to some of his posts/threads shall I be worried about you peering through my windows with binoculars? Nah because I'm not silly. I understand this is the internet and don't let it get to me (unless it's a hate filled direct attack).

To keep this on topic, unfortunately, you two wouldn't make my HUDK Fantasy starting 11. I'd probably have you on the bench to free up space elsewhere but WMN would get too excited on the ball and Brilly would probably try to steal my worn socks (or something obsessive like that)
    Edited by: "DT89" 10th Jan

WheresMeNuts

I never knew Brilly also had a dislike to you & adds fuel to the fire … I never knew Brilly also had a dislike to you & adds fuel to the fire with your disrespect for other members that you feel you have the right to belittle all the time.

"Other members"?
    I get on with the vast majority of misc btw.

There are many trolls on here but I'm not one of them. Calling you out occasionally does not equate to trolling.

dtovey89

I wouldn't define the extensive recital of a 7 year posting history as … I wouldn't define the extensive recital of a 7 year posting history as intelligent. It's borderline obsessive, and dare I say perverted? If WMN gets rattled because I occasionally reply to some of his posts/threads shall I be worried about you peering through my windows with binoculars? Nah because I'm not silly. I understand this is the internet and don't let it get to me (unless it's a hate filled direct attack).To keep this on topic, unfortunately, you two wouldn't make my HUDK Fantasy starting 11. I'd probably have you bench to free up space elsewhere but WMN would get too excited on the ball and Brilly would probably try to steal my worn socks (or something obsessive like that)

can you try not to make this all about you?
    lets face it - you aint interesting
    all i have posted about you have soapboxed many times
    the need to publicise your private life for attention again and again is more worrying than any 'database'

brilly

lets face it - you aint interestingall i have posted about you have … lets face it - you aint interestingall i have posted about you have soapboxed many timesthe need to publicise your private life for attention again and again is more worrying than any 'database'

Granted there have been the odd silly thread or two but over 7 years nothing major.

You handle things a bit differently than WMN but at the end of the day it comes down to the same thing. I've had the bottle to call you both out and you don't like it so all the toys come out the pram.

dtovey89

"Other members"?I get on with the vast majority of misc btw.There are … "Other members"?I get on with the vast majority of misc btw.There are many trolls on here but I'm not one of them. Calling you out occasionally does not equate to trolling.

More than myself, is "others"..........
    You do more than "Calling you out occasionally" when you tell people I'm a scammer & that gave my wife a blackeye & even my children are scared of me.
    Yes it's old news,but I just like to remind people of how nasty a troll you can be dtovey,but it's the Net so fire away son.

dtovey89

Granted there have been the odd silly thread or two but over 7 years … Granted there have been the odd silly thread or two but over 7 years nothing major.You handle things a bit differently than WMN but at the end of the day it comes down to the same thing. I've had the bottle to call you both out and you don't like it so all the toys come out the pram.

'call out'
    excuse me while i pick myself off the floor
    what was it you accused me of again?
    for being racist - you read incorrectly and failed to admit your mistake
    for posting on reddit - you have no proof of your pathetic accusation
    databasing - its simple to use ones brain
    so 0/3 on the calling out - keep up the good work there fella i feel thoroughly called out

any more baseless and unwarranted personal attacks you'd like to throw around?

So the FIFA World cup is to be extended to 48 teams from 2026. That sounds interesting. But somebody should make a separate thread about that instead of discussing it in this thread which is a thread for arguing...

RossD89

So the FIFA World cup is to be extended to 48 teams from 2026. That … So the FIFA World cup is to be extended to 48 teams from 2026. That sounds interesting. But somebody should make a separate thread about that instead of discussing it in this thread which is a thread for arguing...

Apologies. I'll take the blame for some of that.

I quite like the idea of 48 teams. More football on the TV is always a winner.

RossD89

So the FIFA World cup is to be extended to 48 teams from 2026. That … So the FIFA World cup is to be extended to 48 teams from 2026. That sounds interesting. But somebody should make a separate thread about that instead of discussing it in this thread which is a thread for arguing...

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Dr.-McCoy-and-Captain-Kirk-Agree-On-Star-Trek.gif

RossD89

I agree & I'll take no blame for this off-track dtovey hijacked thread,again & again !!

I quite like the idea of 48 teams. More football on the TV is always a winner.

WheresMeNuts

I agree & I'll take no blame for this off-track dtovey hijacked … I agree & I'll take no blame for this off-track dtovey hijacked thread,again & again !!I quite like the idea of 48 teams. More football on the TV is always a winner.

X) Scotland still won't make it. A joke of a football nation with a below standard league plagued by sectarianism.
    That comment is on topic btw.

Whilst he's trolling you wmn he's leaving me alone ;). He was a sound guy but turned nasty because opinions differ.

dtovey89

Apologies. I'll take the blame for some of that.I quite like the idea of … Apologies. I'll take the blame for some of that.I quite like the idea of 48 teams. More football on the TV is always a winner.

I personally think that it will make the group stage pointless and won't really add to the quality of football on show.

I understand the point of view from the smaller nations and that it gives them a route in to international competition, and I respect that, but I believe this move is more to do with securing votes for Infantino than greater inclusion or to better the sport.
    Edited by: "RossD89" 10th Jan

shauneco

Whilst he's trolling you wmn he's leaving me alone ;). He was a sound guy … Whilst he's trolling you wmn he's leaving me alone ;). He was a sound guy but turned nasty because opinions differ.

The three musketeers! My day is made.
    Luckily you're a red Shaune!

RossD89

I personally think that it will make the group stage pointless and won't … I personally think that it will make the group stage pointless and won't really add to the quality of football on show.I understand the point of view from the smaller nations and that it gives them a route in to international competition, and I respect that, but I believe this move is more to do with securing votes for Infantino than greater inclusion.

Infantino seems like he is still part of the old (corrupt) guard.

Actually. I hope Scotland do go through and get smashed by someone like Ukraine.

dtovey89

X) Scotland still won't make it. A joke of a football nation with a below … X) Scotland still won't make it. A joke of a football nation with a below standard league plagued by sectarianism.That comment is on topic btw.

You do understand that Sectarianism in Scotland is in the minority,just like football hooligans in England are in the minority.
    You do know that dtovey don't you ? (<----- darn put a space again)

shauneco

Whilst he's trolling you wmn he's leaving me alone ;). He was a sound guy … Whilst he's trolling you wmn he's leaving me alone ;). He was a sound guy but turned nasty because opinions differ.

He trolls you as well ? It just proves that he's an idiot & a cowardly one at that.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions