Expired

Fighter Within - Can you use the Xbox One Controller

Found 26th Mar 2014
Despite the poor reviews I would like to try it. I realise it is a Kinect game, but can you play with the Xbox One controller too?

3 Comments

From what I've read/understood unfortunately you can't. I was going to buy it so looked if it was at all possible to use the controller but, it didn't appear to be so I never bought it.

Editor

One of the most exciting things about Microsoft's upcoming Xbox One is its updated Kinect, which comes with every console. The Fighter Within, a launch title from Ubisoft, has been developed from the ground up to take advantage of this improved hardware. Examiner asked Aymeric Evennou, International Product Manager, during a recent interview whether handicapped players, or those who simply don't want to use the Kinect, would be able to play using an Xbox One controller.

Developing a game for Kinect means making dedicated game design choices, … Developing a game for Kinect means making dedicated game design choices, there can be no compromise. All the choices and research that were made gameplay-wise were made with a motion-based gameplay in mind.

In short, there will be no traditional controller support. Ubisoft went on to state that translating the game mechanics to a standard controller would compromise the experience. This title was designed specifically for Kinect, and that's how it will always be played. This comes as little surprise, as Ubisoft has always tried to support new technology and alternative ways to play (their launch titles for the Wii and Wii U are good examples of this)

BuzzDuraband

One of the most exciting things about Microsoft's upcoming Xbox One is … One of the most exciting things about Microsoft's upcoming Xbox One is its updated Kinect, which comes with every console. The Fighter Within, a launch title from Ubisoft, has been developed from the ground up to take advantage of this improved hardware. Examiner asked Aymeric Evennou, International Product Manager, during a recent interview whether handicapped players, or those who simply don't want to use the Kinect, would be able to play using an Xbox One controller.In short, there will be no traditional controller support. Ubisoft went on to state that translating the game mechanics to a standard controller would compromise the experience. This title was designed specifically for Kinect, and that's how it will always be played. This comes as little surprise, as Ubisoft has always tried to support new technology and alternative ways to play (their launch titles for the Wii and Wii U are good examples of this)

Yup, that's what I read when I was looking before lol.
And ultimately like I say, why I chose not to buy it, even though Kinect is improved (and it is!) it still isn't great for the space in my living room.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions