Found 7th Jun
Not sure if this was intentional or not, but they have clearly segregated their vintage and blackline collection based on skin colour.

Blackline has black models.

Vintage - white model

www.fila.co.uk

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

This is the trouble now. There are far too many people looking to be offended. Looking for situations where they can point the finger. There isn't the slightest hint of racism in the ad, yet here we are, in a 'racist' thread.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5CrYR-WQAAvGLO.jpg
30 Comments

http://i.imgur.com/yrCQqb1.gif

There's a total of 3 models all with different skin tones. White male in vintage, black male in backline.

I just see the woman as lighter than the black man and darker than the white guy. I can't tell, and truly don't care if the girl is mixed race.

I'm just not see racism anywhere here, because I would never normally scrutinise an advert in that way, but I suppose others might

Bo0td

Haha, weirdly enough I think if been to that place where the meme is taken from which is far more interesting to me than the thread itself.

Original Poster

Guess I'm looking too much into it

Oh dear op, segregated? They hired multiple models for multiple clothing lines and then guess what? Assigned each model with a clothing line. I'm just not following your train of thought, so you look at the blackline and think everything is OK, but you look at the vintage line and see black people have been excluded? , hence racism? Quite astounding, although yes you have conceded you may be looking to much into it, I would weigh in and say you most definitely are.

No,I think they have tried to appease and represent everyone. If you look at the link, the scrolling advert at the top also shows an invisible model, modelling some trainers.
I've personally never seen an invisible person, but I know they exist as I've heard politicians speak about the 'invisible majority'!

Truthfully, you are reading to much in it. It's like accusing them of age/sex/race/ discrimination because they haven't got an aboriginal Eskimo lesbian modelling for them. We don't need to invent discrimination -there's enough already to go round!
Edited by: "mrty" 7th Jun

This is the trouble now. There are far too many people looking to be offended. Looking for situations where they can point the finger. There isn't the slightest hint of racism in the ad, yet here we are, in a 'racist' thread.

Why are you bothered, PC brigade or what!!

Well it is called Blackline, maybe its for black people. But now I feel discriminated against because there is not a Whiteline.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5CrYR-WQAAvGLO.jpg

deeky

This is the trouble now. There are far too many people looking to be … This is the trouble now. There are far too many people looking to be offended. Looking for situations where they can point the finger. There isn't the slightest hint of racism in the ad, yet here we are, in a 'racist' thread.

There are things in the world which should bother people; the subjugation of women, the maltreatment of children, the pain of sick children etc. but certainly not this advert.

IMO worrying about this advert is a waste of time and lets face it we don't have long on this earth.

and this is what's wrong with Britain and political correctness when you get stupid posts like this

With European union human rights and working rights gone after Brexit , everyone will suffer. Already £1200 fee to goto employment tribunal if you suffer discrimination at work . It seems UK will return back to the last century as far as rights and freedoms are concerned. In cases of immigration, no right to appeal or go to court in cases like family visitors from abroad.

hullkrforever

and this is what's wrong with Britain and political correctness when you … and this is what's wrong with Britain and political correctness when you get stupid posts like this

​When you will work for zero hour contract because of some difference with the general population, you will know how it feels .

davewave

​just been replaced due to "ill-health". Hardly surprising.

sam_of_london

With European union human rights and working rights gone after Brexit , … With European union human rights and working rights gone after Brexit , everyone will suffer. Already £1200 fee to goto employment tribunal if you suffer discrimination at work . It seems UK will return back to the last century as far as rights and freedoms are concerned. In cases of immigration, no right to appeal or go to court in cases like family visitors from abroad.

hullkrforever

and this is what's wrong with Britain and political correctness when you … and this is what's wrong with Britain and political correctness when you get stupid posts like this

What? Are you in the wrong thread?

deeky

This is the trouble now. There are far too many people looking to be … This is the trouble now. There are far too many people looking to be offended. Looking for situations where they can point the finger. There isn't the slightest hint of racism in the ad, yet here we are, in a 'racist' thread.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/62uErED3Xl8/hqdefault.jpg

Im more offended over how naff the Fila brand is X)

wozukSilencer

Vintage - white model
might wanna go for an eye test
https://s7.postimg.org/v0k7el3jf/Capture.jpg
Edited by: "wozukSilencer" 7th Jun

why do some people always look for a game of cards? I sense insecuritys ^-^. looking for an issue where there is none.

OP is clearly correct, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.
See below:
https://i1.adis.ws/i/jpl/jd_271118_a?qlt=60&w=640&h=816&v=1
The name of this outfit? Butler crew. A clear suggestion that black people are only good for a life of domestic servitude.
That, and he's clearly being oppressed by the white jumper.
Edited by: "fivegoldstars" 7th Jun

must be my 'white privilege' but I don't analyse adverts for trainers.

This is so funny. I just burst out laughing. Classic mate.

Most trainers now are racist because they've stopped making shoes for the average white european, I've had to go to size 10 in most trainers just to get the width or buy them from New Balance or clarkes.

I can't believe this is a thread and people are actually commenting on it..

deeky

Protesting a bit too much? (_;)

kay1992

Protesting a bit too much? (_

​Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches. Others just laugh at your misfortune . Hope the election tomorrow does increase discrimination in this country.

The woman in the blackline section isn't black. She's mixed race.

However.. even if she was black, i still don't see how its racist. The websites displaying models with different skin colours, they're as diverse as the country we live in.

What is wrong with people these days ffs.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 7th Jun

Original Poster

666FU

Well it is called Blackline, maybe its for black people. But now I feel … Well it is called Blackline, maybe its for black people. But now I feel discriminated against because there is not a Whiteline.

They actually had a collection called 'White Line'
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769506
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming1322
    3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993254
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522877

See more discussions