File Share Letters, Downloading Games etc...

Evening, just wanted to share some information about these letters that keep getting sent out. I posted a couple of threads a few weeks ago and have not recieved any further letters.

I have been made aware that there is another company doing the same thing. Eg sending out letters claiming that there has been an infringment off copyright. They seem to be targeting Virgin customeers and it is for a game called Call of Jurez.

I wanted to post this just in case you know or have recieved a letter yourself. There seems to be a lot off people that are or have been paying!

7 Comments

huh whats all this about? ain't that a xbox 360 game?

if you downloaded the game and you havent bought it and you get caught, you should pay.

Original Poster

lastlaststar;5184020

huh whats all this about? ain't that a xbox 360 game?

These letters claim that you have downloaded the game and shared it using a torrent site. Google Davenport lyons. That gives you quite a bit off info.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;5184041

if you downloaded the game and you havent bought it and you get caught, … if you downloaded the game and you havent bought it and you get caught, you should pay.

I agree but these letters are getting sent to random individuals that have never downloaded anything, the letters demand payment off over £600

leecroot;5184073

I agree but these letters are getting sent to random individuals that … I agree but these letters are getting sent to random individuals that have never downloaded anything, the letters demand payment off over £600

Well, if you havent downloaded anything then you should fight it to the end.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;5184086

Well, if you havent downloaded anything then you should fight it to the … Well, if you havent downloaded anything then you should fight it to the end.

I have done, but some dont any are paying. The company that sent me the letters didnt want to know, untill i contacted trading standards, They dont read the letters you send back and reply threatening court action!

That sounds so harsh.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions