Expired

Filling a perfume atomiser at a department store.

Found 10th Jan
I just wanted to ask if it was considered acceptable to fill a perfume atomiser at a department store like Debenhams or House of Fraser. Is it illegal or just frowned upon? I want to smell nice but can't afford the expensive stuff frankly.

Thanks for any help.
Community Updates
AskHealth & Beauty
28 Comments
deleted800342
What do you think?
Yes it's fine just walk out with anything else you fancy and can't afford as well....
Would you move into Benson's for beds if you fancied a new mattress? No it isn't acceptable. I'm surprised you even have to ask
It might be more acceptable to ask very nicely if they’ve got any free samples.
Original Poster
I didn't say I wanted to live in the store mate and I don't want to take the bottle. I just wanted to take a bit of the aftershave to test outside of the store in my environment which is what it's there for in the first place.
Original Poster
Skaman15 m ago

Yes it's fine just walk out with anything else you fancy and can't afford …Yes it's fine just walk out with anything else you fancy and can't afford as well....

Great, thank you. I thought that was illegal but maybe I was wrong.
Utterly frowned upon and I suspect they’d view as shoplifting. They provide tester bottles for you to spray on yourself or on a tester strip...not to take some home!
Spray a sample there? Why not.

Empty contents of a sample into your own bottle & take out of the store?

Might as well dip into their till on the way out & sample their cash in your own time and environment
Deal-Breaker5 m ago

Great, thank you. I thought that was illegal but maybe I was wrong.

Theft is still generally considered illegal as far as believe!
deleted800342
Deal-Breaker20 m ago

I didn't say I wanted to live in the store mate and I don't want to take …I didn't say I wanted to live in the store mate and I don't want to take the bottle. I just wanted to take a bit of the aftershave to test outside of the store in my environment which is what it's there for in the first place.

Do you also want to try a bit of petrol by driving around as that's what it's for anyway?

You also said "fill an atomiser" in your original post, not "take a bit"
Edited by: "deleted800342" 10th Jan
Original Poster
Van197320 m ago

Theft is still generally considered illegal as far as believe!

I used to think like that but a random man on HotUKDeals said it's not illegal so I'm gonna start taking whatever I want from the shops.
Original Poster
deleted80034210th Jan

Do you also want to try a bit of petrol by driving around as that's what …Do you also want to try a bit of petrol by driving around as that's what it's for anyway?You also said "fill an atomiser" in your original post, not "take a bit"

No because I drive a diesel. And how big do imagine a travel atomiser is? It is still "a bit" relative to the size of the bottles that aftershaves usually come in.
Expensive perfume doesnt smell that much nicer than cheaper brands. I find they last longer, which is why the price. If you cant afford expensive perfume, just buy cheaper brand. They smell just as nice, if not nicer
deleted800342
Deal-Breaker35 m ago

No because I drive a diesel. And how big do imagine a travel atomiser is? …No because I drive a diesel. And how big do imagine a travel atomiser is? It is still "a bit" relative to the size of the bottles that aftershaves usually come in.

You didn't say travel atomiser.
You said you wanted to smell nice but you can't afford the expensive stuff, which quite frankly suggested you wanted to take perfume without paying for it.
If you really need to ask if that's frowned upon then there's no hope talking sense with you.
Deal-Breaker1 h, 11 m ago

I didn't say I wanted to live in the store mate and I don't want to take …I didn't say I wanted to live in the store mate and I don't want to take the bottle. I just wanted to take a bit of the aftershave to test outside of the store in my environment which is what it's there for in the first place.

That's why they let you spray a bit on as a tester, not fill up a bottle to use elsewhere.
Deal-Breaker1 h, 25 m ago

No because I drive a diesel. And how big do imagine a travel atomiser is? …No because I drive a diesel. And how big do imagine a travel atomiser is? It is still "a bit" relative to the size of the bottles that aftershaves usually come in.

I’m really liking the idea of you trying it or even better, asking them first...come back and tell us how it went
Original Poster
mutley12 h, 2 m ago

Expensive perfume doesnt smell that much nicer than cheaper brands. I …Expensive perfume doesnt smell that much nicer than cheaper brands. I find they last longer, which is why the price. If you cant afford expensive perfume, just buy cheaper brand. They smell just as nice, if not nicer

I do buy some cheaper ones. Got about 35 in total; some cheap, some expensive. It's only a small collection but I think I've spent enough money on them. That's why I wanted to have the smell of some expensive ones.
The only thing that smells nice in here, would be to a rose garden.
If you ask politely and they fill it, it’s not theft! But I suspect it would never happen again at that store or anywhere else. If you turn up and fill it you’d be asking for trouble!
Just bypass boots every morning on the way to the job centre and try different ones
Try the new fragrance.

TROLL by dealbreaker because your worthless
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 11th Jan
Deal-Breaker12 h, 56 m ago

I do buy some cheaper ones. Got about 35 in total; some cheap, some …I do buy some cheaper ones. Got about 35 in total; some cheap, some expensive. It's only a small collection but I think I've spent enough money on them. That's why I wanted to have the smell of some expensive ones.

if you go into a department store and you are female (which i assume that you are), just walk past the perfume counters and you will not be able to leave the store without being sprayed with perfume.

i always try to walk through as quickly as i can or try to find a route where i don't have to go past them as i don't want to be sprayed with perfume, whether it be expensive or not.
Original Poster
mutley11 h, 49 m ago

if you go into a department store and you are female (which i assume that …if you go into a department store and you are female (which i assume that you are), just walk past the perfume counters and you will not be able to leave the store without being sprayed with perfume.i always try to walk through as quickly as i can or try to find a route where i don't have to go past them as i don't want to be sprayed with perfume, whether it be expensive or not.

Not female but you're still right, they do douse you in whatever they're trying to sell. But it's not always what I personally like.
sometimes you read things on here and just sit shaking your head. No wonder the world is in such a mess
35 a small collection? Lol, I have six - and two of those were probably from poundland (friends of a friend xmas present).
Deal-Breaker2 h, 42 m ago

Not female but you're still right, they do douse you in whatever they're …Not female but you're still right, they do douse you in whatever they're trying to sell. But it's not always what I personally like.

as you are male, you shouldn't worry so much about perfume as that is a woman's thing!

women aren't attracted to men because they smell nice. as long as you don't smell, you are fine. lol
Deal-Breaker20 h, 24 m ago

Totally acceptable.

Next time your passing just pop in and fill up your atomiser.

Any problems tell them a stranger on a deals forum said it was okay, you'll be fine.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants