Film suggestions (Anime)

Found 30th Nov 2017Edited by:"JLA92"
Hello,

usually I’m a quick googler and find something based on taste but I’m wanting to build a physical collection so I’m parting with money so would prefer peoples suggestions.

recent played the person 5 game and sunk 100 hours into it, really enjoyed the story and liked the art style and got me wondering if other franchises / films where as good.

i was in HMV and picked up A silent voice and Your name as they’d garnered some positive reviews. Never been an anime person but holy s*** id not watched two films in years which had me invested and at time a little angry thinking they’d end prematurely.

ive bought Digimon tri (liked the tv series when I was a kid) so I’m looking for other suggestions based on what people have watched
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
mod
Watch Death Parade and Death Note (series) both are excellent; also a big shout for Tokyo Ghoul and Fullmetal Alchemist. All 4 of these are good anime series starting points
Films: Spirited Away; Grave Of The Fireflies; Princess Mononoke; Paprika and anything made by Studio Ghibli
Welcome to Anime; there's so much to get into and yes 'Your Name' is simply the best film I've seen this year.
Edited by: "andywedge" 30th Nov 2017
For films I'd highly recommend Wolf Children and Castle in the Sky. Two of my personal favourite anime films. If you're going for series Fullmetal Alchemist was made twice - I'd recommend the latter version Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood as it's closer to the source material. Also The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Baccano, Gurren Lagann, Beck, Planetes, Black Lagoon, Speed Grapher and Kurau Phantom Memory are all worth a look.
Here’s a website with a great list and film descriptions:
google.co.uk/amp…tml
Battle Angel Alita

Akira

Appleseed (original)

wolf children

summer wars.

any studio ghibli

redline

Attack on titan

death note was pretty good too.
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 1st Dec 2017
Street fighter is my favorite followed by fist of the north star. Hollywood did attempt movies of both these animes but they were a huge let down. The animes are brilliant though
I similarly got into anime by watching a random film (Princess Mononoke) and would recommend most of Studio Ghibli's back catalogue. I think in terms of tone and art direction Howls Moving Castle is a particular favourite. I've since moved into the anime series as i find the long, serialised stories more exciting and engaging. I'd definitely agree with Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood as a starting point, and would also suggest My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan, Akame ga Kill, Code Geass and Hunter x Hunter 2011. I also enjoyed the majority of Sword Art Online particularly the concept and feeling of jepordy, but if you do watch it you will probably understand why its met with a love it/hate it reaction from the community.
DevilsReaper1 h, 11 m ago

Street fighter is my favorite followed by fist of the north star. …Street fighter is my favorite followed by fist of the north star. Hollywood did attempt movies of both these animes but they were a huge let down. The animes are brilliant though

omg yeah I forgot street fighter... the first one though not alpha or the others... the chun lee vs Vega fight is still amazing.
Snakeyes64621 m ago

omg yeah I forgot street fighter... the first one though not alpha or the …omg yeah I forgot street fighter... the first one though not alpha or the others... the chun lee vs Vega fight is still amazing.

yeh thats the one, i liked the fight at the beginning between ryu and sagat, the environment and effects were just awesome
Attack on Titan .... had me absolutely gripped
just bought your name on blu ray, looking forward to watching it again... forgot to mention a little gem called The boy and the Beast.
Original Poster
Yeah i really enjoyed it, had me on an emotional ride and on edge as I thought any moment it’s going to end on a sour note.

ywah I’ve seen the boy and the beast in store.

saw a top 10 from watch mojo on sad anime’s and your name and a silent voice we’re 2# and 3# anyone got good things to say about a girl who kept through time and when Marnie was there ?
Nice list and suggestions. I'm also looking to get into Anime.
Guvyer ( Bio Booster Armor ) IMDB 8/10 absolutely fantastic
WTH are people talking about on here ?

might have to try and see for myself
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants