Filmon.tv free service is now over

Found 1st May 2017
It looks like those who used Filmon.tv to watch free tv will have to start looking elsewhere to get their tv fix, or upgrade to premium. As of today all free streams have turned to pay only, this includes sd channels.

https://i.imgur.com/23yHwSt.png
Community Updates
deleted1431257
RIP FilmOn. January 2009 - May 2017.\x0a\x0aAn awesome app/website killed by developer/management (whatever fat cat's at the top) greed. An essential alternative to viewing live TV from a range of channels from UK to France to Germany and all over the world. Also a great way of watching live sports such as the UEFA Champions League, MotoGP and Formula 1 legally on flawless streams. The FilmOn video player was something to behold, far superior to illegal streams and faster than legit streams for channels from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and even BT Sport's Showcase live player. It got murdered last week as the app developer/website mods put on a 2 minute free limit to channels before forcing an exorbitant fee to watch channels even in SD!\x0a\x0aAs AngryJoe would put it - 'You done f***** it up!!!'.\x0a\x0a[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3b/7c/79/3b7c7986ff275ef77b17428ae3891c69.jpg[/img]
42 Comments
Are you sure I just visited the site via safari on iPhone (Iv never bothered with the app) and it's still working atm.
Moonwolf1976

Are you sure I just visited the site via safari on iPhone (Iv never … Are you sure I just visited the site via safari on iPhone (Iv never bothered with the app) and it's still working atm.

After a while it will display trial period expired just as it does when viewing Hd.
Edited by: "fluidz" 1st May 2017
fluidz

After a while it will display trial period over just as it does when … After a while it will display trial period over just as it does when viewing Hd.

That's a shame dam them!
What a pain :(, could be something to do with this mediapost.com/pub…tml
a3lawy

http://www.tvcatchup.com/

It only works with wifi, if I try with 4g I get a can't load media message!
HelpingUout4Free

https://www.tvplayer.com/watch/

Same with this one! How dodgy they are!
Moonwolf1976

It only works with wifi, if I try with 4g I get a can't load media … It only works with wifi, if I try with 4g I get a can't load media message!

It works perfectly fine. They've been around for years and aren't dodgy at all.

http://i.imgur.com/N5JauAG.jpg

a3lawy

It works perfectly fine. They've been around for years and aren't dodgy … It works perfectly fine. They've been around for years and aren't dodgy at all.

Glad it's working for you on EE, it won't work for me I'm on Giffgaff 4G!
https://s28.postimg.org/mqpqjyoil/IMG_2440.png
But as soon as I connect to my Wifi it's working!, that's why I said dodgy maybe they don't serve GiffGaff I dunno why, it's strange!
https://s23.postimg.org/qt51n0ebv/IMG_2441.png
Edited by: "-Azel-" 2nd May 2017
Got Android? Try Mobdro (side-load apk)
themoron

Got Android? Try Mobdro (side-load apk)

I haven't sadly I only have iPhone. And a windows 7 laptop.
Moonwolf1976

I haven't sadly I only have iPhone. And a windows 7 laptop.

Try ToView working fine at the moment
I found the "Tv player" app offers channels Bbc 1, 2, Itv, channel 4 and 5, which works well for Amazon fire tv/stick.

play.google.com/sto…_GB
Edited by: "fluidz" 5th May 2017
hass123

RIP FilmOn. January 2009 - May 2017.An awesome app/website killed by … RIP FilmOn. January 2009 - May 2017.An awesome app/website killed by developer greed...

Do the developers own the Company now?

Do you think Alki David & his management team may have had to introduce a fee-based service across all streams to break even or,... radical in business, I know; make a profit?
deleted1431257
fanpages

Do the developers own the Company now?Do you think Alki David & his … Do the developers own the Company now?Do you think Alki David & his management team may have had to introduce a fee-based service across all streams to break even or,... radical in business, I know; make a profit?

Got mixed up with the app and website thing, regardless...

The app used to be fully free on SD with most HD channels being paid, it also has a premium section for the paid stuff including movies. Now who's going to be dumb enough to pay for SD? The app/website is dead like many others on the app store and online which used to offer a free service before succumbing to the fat cats.
hass123

The app used to be fully free on SD with most HD channels being paid, it … The app used to be fully free on SD with most HD channels being paid, it also has a premium section for the paid stuff including movies. Now who's going to be dumb enough to pay for SD?...

Mobile device users with a limit on data downloaded per month.
deleted1431257
fanpages

Mobile device users with a limit on data downloaded per month.

£15 a month for SD?
hass123

£15 a month for SD?

Versus troffing all the previously available standard definition content for years without paying a penny.

I am presuming this describes your previous experience with the organisation.
deleted1431257
fanpages

Versus troffing all the previously available standard definition content … Versus troffing all the previously available standard definition content for years without paying a penny.I am presuming this describes your previous experience with the organisation.

Say that to everyone who's reviewed the app on the app store recently
hass123

OK. They know where to find me.
deleted1431257
fanpages

Or you could just go here play.google.com/sto…_GB
hass123

fanpages

hass123

Or you could just go here … Or you could just go here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.barrydrillercom.android&hl=en_GB#details-reviews

Or not; that's an easier option.
deleted1431257
hass123

Say that to everyone who's reviewed the app on the app store recently … Say that to everyone who's reviewed the app on the app store recently

fanpages

hass123

Or you could just go here … Or you could just go here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.barrydrillercom.android&hl=en_GB#details-reviews

Then you have no idea how dumb the decision is to charge excessive prices to stream SD let alone HD freeview channels which can be accessed for free anywhere else. FilmOn was a collaboration of free channels from different countries on one space which made it a more viable option than others, but now that option has been removed so it's dead now for others to take it's place. I've no idea how you can't see this, let me guess, you love the BBC? Did you know FilmOn was a legal source which didn't count towards the BBC's viewing figures? A sort of 'revenge' viewing for viewers to check out tat like the new Top Gear without contributing to the viewing figures via the main channel or BBC iPlayer? Do you own a stake in FilmOn to be so overly concerned?
Yeah what a dumb call it is for a business to try and make some money!?!

If you can view them for free elsewhere I am failing to see what the issue is here?

How the hell did the BBC come in to it? X)

If you hated the BBC so much, why would you want to watch their programs or channels?
It still works fine i just checked
hass123

fanpages

Good grief... so many questions. OK, I'll attempt to reply to each point...

hass123

Then you have no idea how dumb the decision is to charge excessive prices … Then you have no idea how dumb the decision is to charge excessive prices to stream SD let alone HD freeview channels which can be accessed for free anywhere else...

I will if you keep telling me. I may even believe you.

Suggestion: View them elsewhere then.

hass123

...FilmOn was a collaboration of free channels from different countries … ...FilmOn was a collaboration of free channels from different countries on one space which made it a more viable option than others, but now that option has been removed so it's dead now for others to take it's place...

That must be the marketing strategy then. It's so obvious.

hass123

...I've no idea how you can't see this, let me guess, you love the BBC?...

I don't love the BBC, but I do enjoy some of the content it produces.

You have no idea how I cannot see what? I see you ranting about an organisation charging for services that it has offered for free for many years.

hass123

...Did you know FilmOn was a legal source which didn't count towards the … ...Did you know FilmOn was a legal source which didn't count towards the BBC's viewing figures?...

Should I care?

hass123

...A sort of 'revenge' viewing for viewers to check out tat like the new … ...A sort of 'revenge' viewing for viewers to check out tat like the new Top Gear without contributing to the viewing figures via the main channel or BBC iPlayer?...

Sorry, I don't understand that question.

hass123

...Do you own a stake in FilmOn to be so overly concerned?

No.
deleted265520
hass123

fanpages

hass123

Then you have no idea how dumb the decision is to charge excessive … Then you have no idea how dumb the decision is to charge excessive prices to stream SD let alone HD freeview channels which can be accessed for free anywhere else...

hass123

...FilmOn was a collaboration of free channels from different countries … ...FilmOn was a collaboration of free channels from different countries on one space which made it a more viable option than others, but now that option has been removed so it's dead now for others to take it's place...

hass123

...I've no idea how you can't see this, let me guess, you love the … ...I've no idea how you can't see this, let me guess, you love the BBC?...

hass123

...Did you know FilmOn was a legal source which didn't count towards the … ...Did you know FilmOn was a legal source which didn't count towards the BBC's viewing figures?...

hass123

...A sort of 'revenge' viewing for viewers to check out tat like the new … ...A sort of 'revenge' viewing for viewers to check out tat like the new Top Gear without contributing to the viewing figures via the main channel or BBC iPlayer?...

hass123

...Do you own a stake in FilmOn to be so overly concerned?

X)
shasnir

No it doesn't, I watched Motogp for a short while yesterday but it then … No it doesn't, I watched Motogp for a short while yesterday but it then said something like 'your trial time is up'

Ok which channel
shasnir

No it doesn't, I watched Motogp for a short while yesterday but it then … No it doesn't, I watched Motogp for a short while yesterday but it then said something like 'your trial time is up'

Also there are other sites out there google is your friend (_;)
archer1204

Also there are other sites out there google is your friend (_;)

Google will be your downfall; depending on your search criteria.
1st world problems, brexit, broken Britain, entitlement culture etc etc

/thread
hass123

Say that to everyone who's reviewed the app on the app store recently … Say that to everyone who's reviewed the app on the app store recently

fanpages

hass123

I've just checked the implications for me and within less than a second realised that none of this for/against rubbish is of any significance to the quality of my life so I'm moving on. Suggest others consider follow suit.
shasnir

I think it's called RTS deux.

how long before the trial time was up
deleted265520
Is anyone else getting

???
deleted1431257
Wth happened to the FilmOn death thread? The mobile site comment section showing a load of gibberish.
deleted1431257
Oh well, back to the illegal streams :P (from a great site I found a month ago which is in 'beta' stage and bypasses the recent barrage of injunctions from the High Court). And no amount of loony pandering and threats from fanpages will stop me mwahahaha!!!!
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 9th May 2017
hass123

...And no amount of loony pandering and threats from fanpages will stop … ...And no amount of loony pandering and threats from fanpages will stop me mwahahaha!!!!

I have not threatened you.

(Not when you have been using this member name)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions